18 minutes ago, tolka said:

What's he like lads?

Very good technical player, ideal for the number 10 role.  Work rate and tackling lets him down, especially if he is playing a bit deeper

13 hours ago, tolka said:

What's he like lads?

Technically a tidy wee player, neat and tidy on the ball, decent at dribbling. The end product is bit of a let down, doesn't score, doesn't create much and physically very weak. 

Must admit, I thought there would of been a championship club in Scotland that would of picked him up, a team that likes to play football like Airdrie but he should do well over in Ireland. 

14 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Scottish football has been overpriced since the 'nineties, in recent times standards on the park in the top league have fallen: value for money has diminished, while at the same time the lower paid have less disposable income.

It's a surprise to me that attendances have held up as they have, because VAR and refereeing quality have contributed to less enjoyment at the game, while managers appear to believe they are the next Pep. 

I still go to matches to get out and about, have a few drinks and meet up with friends, the football's not even secondary. 

Not only that but our season ticket sales have increased, better than they have ever been. I think football fans are mental in that they will find a way to pay money to go to the games regardless of how much income they have coming in. 

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Not only that but our season ticket sales have increased, better than they have ever been. I think football fans are mental in that they will find a way to pay money to go to the games regardless of how much income they have coming in. 

Not a new revelation.

I know everyone eager for players in but anyone heard about players going the other direction ? Grimshaw to Mortons gone awful quiet for instance 

1 hour ago, GFARAB82 said:

I know everyone eager for players in but anyone heard about players going the other direction ? Grimshaw to Mortons gone awful quiet for instance 

I'm maybe putting 2+2 and getting 5...but it feels like theres not a place for Middleton in this system, doesn't it?

He's not a wing back like the guys coming in, he's not name-checked when Goodwin talks about his forward options (and he's talking about bringing in multiple new faces in those positions anyway).

He's a decent player with presumably some resale value and on a decent wage - hate to say it but he seems like the most likely player to be moved on to balance a few coming in?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ascal said:

I'm maybe putting 2+2 and getting 5...but it feels like theres not a place for Middleton in this system, doesn't it?

He's not a wing back like the guys coming in, he's not name-checked when Goodwin talks about his forward options (and he's talking about bringing in multiple new faces in those positions anyway).

He's a decent player with presumably some resale value and on a decent wage - hate to say it but he seems like the most likely player to be moved on to balance a few coming in?

I like Grimshaw and Middleton as players but your spot on neither seems like a fit when you look at what the managers trying to do. Grimshaw towards the end of the campaign looked like a back up option at a lower level which doesn't bode well as it's about to get tougher.

Edited by GFARAB82

My mate lives along the road from where Liam Grimshaw’s been staying in north east Fife and his car has been away for 2-3 weeks now and he wasn’t in the 24 man squad on Saturday so i reckon he will be on the move before the end of the window.

49 minutes ago, Ascal said:

I think Middleton has played left wing back in both pre season games.  Might not be first choice this year, but is a good squad option.

1 hour ago, Ascal said:

He's played wing back, and even full back on occasion.  I'd expect him to provide cover / competition for Ferry and Trapanovski at lwb and left of a front 3. He might go but I doubt we'd get a fee for him and he'd leave a hole in the squad for those positions. 

Grimshaw, I'd expect to leave if we can find someone to take him off our hands.

2 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

what’s this all about? Haha

IMG_3064.png

Would be quite surprised if this wasn't a wind up. Looking at his stats he's fallen out of favour at Boca last couple seasons.

Would be a wild wild signing if it happened.

4 hours ago, GFARAB82 said:

Morton have signed Ballantyne who is a right back (although has played left back) so I doubt Grimshaw will be heading there but would expect him to be off somewhere before the season starts 

13 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Journalist on twitter also saying we are in for him. Likely a wind up as a few other bigger clubs mentioned.

Valued at around £10m with recent interest from Roma.  Think this can safely be dismissed as bullshit!

8 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Valued at around £10m with recent interest from Roma.  Think this can safely be dismissed as bullshit!

Was linked with Rangers in January but suggested he was staying in Argentina think it's safe to file it under not very likely and made up nonsense but nice to be "linked"