16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

And if that's all you'd said it would've been fine and dandy but you couldn't resist expressing it in a patronising way.  

There, there, don’t get upset.

Spoiler

Sorry, couldn’t resist that!

13 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Strain likely to miss the derby, sadly I’m talking about the January game and not the game in 2 weeks. Got to be looking to get someone in on loan now I would imagine. 

Terrible news if true. I liked the look of Megwa every time I saw him last season and I'd look into getting him on loan if possible 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

There probably will come a day when calling you lot DABs is inappropriate. For anyone not familiar with the context of Scottish football, it can easily be misconstrued.

And actually, looking at the historical context the nickname of 'Arabs' apparently comes from with the whole putting sand down on the pitch stuff, it probably is a bit inappropriate when looking at the big picture.

But until the day that it officially gets frowned upon, I'll always call you DABs, you fucking DABs.

Given that hatred of Islam is fairly widely weaponised in this country, I think that there being fans of a fitba team who wear the term Arab as a badge of honour can hardly be construed as a bad thing.

Sure, without context people might be "WTF" when they hear Dees singing it, but then I'm not sure who be offended by it. More confused as to why Louis Moult is being called that.

Shouting abuse at someone re their sexual orientation on the other hand.

9 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, another aside. That's the problem. You've made no effort to address the matter at hand, which has been reiterated several times over the last few pages and which everyone else on this thread seems to have acknowledged. 

Grass fairies, chess fairies, thistle fairies, wasp fairies, granddaughter fairies, all obliquely referenced but seemingly no awareness of the dread homosexual fairies. Shock! Does such a thing even exist? Surely not, but if so we wouldn't be afraid.

Ok, last words from me on the topic @Pull My Strings

The 'matter at hand' was the use of the term fairy which you saw as a homophobic reference. I gave @Der Panzer the benefit of the doubt, and he's confirmed there was no such malicious intention. To say I've made no effort to address this is completely wrong, unless I'm misunderstanding the matter to which are referring. I've said it's unkind to refer to homosexual men as fairies.

My issue was with the b*****disation of language, the lazy tagging of phobia onto a prefix to produce a new word, which is often then misused. 'Anglophobia' would be a good example, with those being in favour of Scottish Independence being called Anglophobic, in fear of England and the English. Look back to my initial post on this specific area of this topic to confirm. 

Where I made a mistake, for which I apologise (to you and anyone else offended/bored), is continuing to add arms and legs to the discussion. Grass fairies was a relevant aside I'll maintain, but some of the others were quite frivolous. I understand that people can get passionate about these matters.

I hope you will accept this apology and redress in the manner it was written.

Christ almighty. I know, Godwin’s law, but I genuinely didnae expect to be idly browsing a fitba forum on a lazy Saturday morning and be reminded of these quotes.

IMG_3328.jpeg

IMG_3327.jpeg

IMG_3329.jpeg

29 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Would expect the same formation with Thomson at RWB 

That would be useful.  That way we can see if he’s as good as he was last season.

Didn’t look convincing as a sub in the Stennie game, at least defensively.

Thompson was set for a potential loan before that injury so I’m wondering if JG was already planning on RB cover? 

Won’t be Grimshaw he was surplus to requirements also 😂 

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

Wondering, with Strain out long term, will Goodwin revert to a back four today, with Sevelj at right back?

Does kind of make sense but I think Ferry is meant to be better at wing back than left back so may weaken us on that side

30 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Does kind of make sense but I think Ferry is meant to be better at wing back than left back so may weaken us on that side

Aye possibly. Though Goodwin was keen to stress Ferry's defensive qualities too when he signed. I just don't fancy Sevelj at centre half, feel like it's going to cost us when the real stuff begins.