Tranent 24/25

Here we go again... Third season in the LL 🎪

Yano and co. seem to have been quick to do some business early on with Skip and Higgy heading to Bonnyrigg. Ross Gray and Johnny Stewart come in going in the opposite direction, Joe Viola from Hutchie Vale and Guy McGarry from Haddington. Gonna be competitive up the top end this season I reckon, lots of strong sides on their day (EK obv favourites to run away with it again if they stick around). Aim for us should probably be to stay in around the mix up the top end and improve our home form from last year.

59 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Here we go again... Third season in the LL 🎪

Yano and co. seem to have been quick to do some business early on with Skip and Higgy heading to Bonnyrigg. Ross Gray and Johnny Stewart come in going in the opposite direction, Joe Viola from Hutchie Vale and Guy McGarry from Haddington. Gonna be competitive up the top end this season I reckon, lots of strong sides on their day (EK obv favourites to run away with it again if they stick around). Aim for us should probably be to stay in around the mix up the top end and improve our home form from last year.

Really decent signings. Should fit in well to what Yano is trying to build with a lot of goals from midfield/out-wide.

12 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Really decent signings. Should fit in well to what Yano is trying to build with a lot of goals from midfield/out-wide.

Know Gray and Stewart from watching Bonnyrigg a few times but not as familiar with Viola and McGarry. Seem to have a decent rep and good numbers from EOS. Be interesting to see how the step up to LL is for them both. We were really lacking in depth across the park last season so it's good to see numbers coming in early doors and clearly guys with a bit of quality. 

5 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Know Gray and Stewart from watching Bonnyrigg a few times but not as familiar with Viola and McGarry. Seem to have a decent rep and good numbers from EOS. Be interesting to see how the step up to LL is for them both. We were really lacking in depth across the park last season so it's good to see numbers coming in early doors and clearly guys with a bit of quality. 

Watched Joe a few times him and his brother Ben are very good players. Should be more than capable making the step up.

5 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Guy McGarry is certainly capable of a step up to the Lowland League, of that, there is no doubt. 2nd top goal scorer for Haddington this season, but it is his all round strength that is impressive. A great header-er of the ball - wins more aerial challenges than not and the effort/running he puts into each match is phenomenal.

My only concern is the amount of turnover of players (and managers) Tranent have had in the past few years, particularly since the move over from the Junior set-up. Genuinely hope Guy bucks the trend in that aspect. Will be a massive loss to Haddington, but I wish him all best, given this opportunity. 

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Guy McGarry is certainly capable of a step up to the Lowland League, of that, there is no doubt. 2nd top goal scorer for Haddington this season, but it is his all round strength that is impressive. A great header-er of the ball - wins more aerial challenges than not and the effort/running he puts into each match is phenomenal.

My only concern is the amount of turnover of players (and managers) Tranent have had in the past few years, particularly since the move over from the Junior set-up. Genuinely hope Guy bucks the trend in that aspect. Will be a massive loss to Haddington, but I wish him all best, given this opportunity. 

I'm hoping the ins and outs in the squad coming so early is a case of the manager getting the squad he's after nailed down as soon as he can, for a bit of stability for the season ahead if nothing else. Postponements, injuries and a pile up of cup fixtures are pretty much inevitable in this league. There will be plenty of good players in the team that aren't starting every game but can step up when needed. What's McGarry's usual position at Haddy?

1 hour ago, Omnishambles said:

I'm hoping the ins and outs in the squad coming so early is a case of the manager getting the squad he's after nailed down as soon as he can, for a bit of stability for the season ahead if nothing else. Postponements, injuries and a pile up of cup fixtures are pretty much inevitable in this league. There will be plenty of good players in the team that aren't starting every game but can step up when needed. What's McGarry's usual position at Haddy?

Up front, but I wouldn’t say an out and out striker. Likes coming in from the wings and not afraid to find himself in his own half when defending is required. Apparently he started out as a left back, but someone felt he’d be better as a forward.

12 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

CJ, how can the turnover of players and managers concern you since the move from the Juniors?

The club has went from strength to strength since then, winning the EOS league and then winning the play off which resulted in promotion to the LL.

Players come and go, that's just part of the game.

54 minutes ago, beachboy said:

CJ, how can the turnover of players and managers concern you since the move from the Juniors?

The club has went from strength to strength since then, winning the EOS league and then winning the play off which resulted in promotion to the LL.

Players come and go, that's just part of the game.

All subjective beachboy, but I bet if you looked at turnover of players and particularly managers in/out of Tranent against any other team in the EoS Premier league particularly, then Lowland League; with the exception of East Kilbride last season, I would bet Tranent sat on top of the leaderboard. 

Make no mistakes, most clubs in EoS will be envious of the rise that Tranent has shown, now in LL, but some/lots of these changes mentioned above wouldn’t sit comfortably with me, or I guess a lot of fans. 

27 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

All subjective beachboy, but I bet if you looked at turnover of players and particularly managers in/out of Tranent against any other team in the EoS Premier league particularly, then Lowland League; with the exception of East Kilbride last season, I would bet Tranent sat on top of the leaderboard. 

Make no mistakes, most clubs in EoS will be envious of the rise that Tranent has shown, now in LL, but some/lots of these changes mentioned above wouldn’t sit comfortably with me, or I guess a lot of fans. 

Our dugout turnover over the years recently is a fair shout, for sure. Player turnover at tier 5 level with short-term contracts, I'd have imagined was pretty hefty across the board.

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Sorry CJ, but I just don't get why changing players would make you uncomfortable?

I would guess that over the last few years the team you used to support Musselburgh have had a fair share of players coming and going, but as I alluded to previously that's just football.

Last season we used 24 players who all played a minimum 10 times for the team, that's not a big squad when you consider the number of games the team played during the season, it must have been circa 60?

1 hour ago, beachboy said:

Sorry CJ, but I just don't get why changing players would make you uncomfortable?

I would guess that over the last few years the team you used to support Musselburgh have had a fair share of players coming and going, but as I alluded to previously that's just football.

Last season we used 24 players who all played a minimum 10 times for the team, that's not a big squad when you consider the number of games the team played during the season, it must have been circa 60?

We can agree to disagree, that’s fine. Even one of your own supporters on here shares my thoughts on turnover. Don’t think  I’ve used the word uncomfortable.

I’ve had conversations with some Musselburgh personnel about couple of changes in past season. I also get incoming/outcoming players /coaching staff is inevitable at all clubs but I still stand with my thoughts. By the way, I also stand with my thoughts about Guy McGarry and wishing him all the success he can get with Tranent. Great person to have in your club/squad.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, half wit said:

I make it 3 apiece now 🤣

FB_IMG_1717759769067.jpg

Bonnyrigg Tranent United. Calum obviously getting some of the old band back together along the road - squad is gonna look a whole lot different at the end of the summer I think.

Edited by Omnishambles

36 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

It may have been mentioned on here, so apologies, but I believe Lennon Walker has left? Always thought he was a really talented lad.

Our social media might as well be morse code so it's anyone's guess who actually signs and leaves

Posted (edited)

Lennon Walker is away to Caledonian Braves, seemingly dosen't like playing on grass. Plus the travelling to Tranent. 

Edited by half wit

Has the club just gone off the idea of bothering to announce when a player's left? Only found out Kieran had left from Bonnyrigg's Instagram post and Lennon Walker's away and seemingly no one had a clue. I know they're after a Media Officer and no one's expecting glitzy social media in the interim, but personnel ins and outs is the absolute basics. The AGM was last Tuesday. Either nothing of note got brought up or the club are gatekeeping any info to people in attendance or a select few in the know.

On 08/06/2024 at 17:06, To B or not B said:

It may have been mentioned on here, so apologies, but I believe Lennon Walker has left? Always thought he was a really talented lad.

Is that the lad that played left back?