🔵🔴Election Debates 2024 🟡🟠🟢

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

You should've tried Question Time and Fiona Bruce interrupting Kate Forbes. 

Not bothering with QT as Bruce is just fucking dreadful.

Flynn is by far the best so far in the 7 party debate - the only one prepared to challenge Farage.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not bothering with QT as Bruce is just fucking dreadful.

Flynn is by far the best so far in the 7 party debate - the only one prepared to challenge Farage.

It's the first time I've sat through a Question Time in almost ten years and I now have some sympathy with what I thought was partisan online opinion on Bruce. She let her ego get the run of her and it was quite off putting and not a little bit rude. 

I'm enjoying Flynn and Rayner is struggling, struggling so badly that she completely dried at one point. 

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

It's the first time I've sat through a Question Time in almost ten years and I now have some sympathy with what I thought was partisan online opinion on Bruce. She let her ego get the run of her and it was quite off putting and not a little bit rude. 

I'm enjoying Flynn and Rayner is struggling, struggling so badly that she completely dried at one point. 

There were ironic laughs when she accused Flynn of not giving solutions for the UK to grow the economy.

And what are yours Angela?

12 minutes ago, sophia said:

Fiona Bruce interrupts everybody, every week, it does my head in.

Forbes, I thought had a nightmare -- never gave one straight answer and appeared out of her depth IMO.

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Fiona Bruce interrupts everybody, every week, it does my head in.

Forbes, I thought had a nightmare -- never gave one straight answer and appeared out of her depth IMO.

I'd generally disagree but I do think that the SNP messaging on oil is not as refined as it might be. 

I'm not sure about every week but tonight all the interrupting was obvious and it was mostly singular. 

On the other channel, extra love for Flynn when he gave Farage an arctic stare when Farage's body language was begging for support for his jolly but ridiculing and caustic schtick. 

18 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'd generally disagree but I do think that the SNP messaging on oil is not as refined as it might be. 

She dodged every question and was rightly picked up on it. 

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

She dodged every question and was rightly picked up on it. 

I'm not sure that you have made any allowance for nuance but if that's your view, you're welcome. 

Horseshit last night.

Audience member asks question.

Fiona Bruce says "What you mean is..." And asks a semi related question.

Politician starts to answer but is constantly interrupted by Bruce.

Bruce asks audience member if their question was answered.

Audience member says no.

Sunak with a convincing sales pitch on national service.

Go to the Siberian trenches or we'll cancel your credit cards and take your driving license off you.

That'll woo a few voters back.

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Go to the Siberian trenches or we'll cancel your credit cards and take your driving license off you.

It doesn’t surprise me that someone like Sunak is so completely clueless.  But a real indication of just how clueless he is is the ‘quality’ of the people he has chosen to advise him.

If he even had one decent switched on advisor he wouldn’t have made half the faux pas that he has made in the last few weeks.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It doesn’t surprise me that someone like Sunak is so completely clueless.  But a real indication of just how clueless he is is the ‘quality’ of the people he has chosen to advise him.

If he even had one decent switched on advisor he wouldn’t have made half the faux pas that he has made in the last few weeks.

I was watching some highlights (lowlights) of his fuckups and said to my wife, if this was a football match he'd be investigated for throwing it. He & his party literally couldn't do any more to destroy themselves if they tried. This has been the case since before Sunak, to be fair.

On 22/06/2024 at 08:16, Zetterlund said:

Go to the Siberian trenches or we'll cancel your subscription to Sky TV.

Is what he really wanted to say.