Linlithgow Rose 2024/25

Our league position looks decent right now, in 5th place and 4 points off the top, but of our 13 games so far 11 have been against sides sitting 8th or lower, and in the top 7 we've only faced Broxburn (who were finding their feet when we beat the) and Celtic B. We're about to start a tough run of games, with the next four league fixtures being against Tranent, East Kilbride, Gala (away) and Virginia Braves. There's a difficult Scottish Cup tie against Clach among those too.

We're not in great form going into a period that could shape our season and all we can do is hope the guys can turn it around. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Our league position looks decent right now, in 5th place and 4 points off the top, but of our 13 games so far 11 have been against sides sitting 8th or lower, and in the top 7 we've only faced Broxburn (who were finding their feet when we beat the) and Celtic B. We're about to start a tough run of games, with the next four league fixtures being against Tranent, East Kilbride, Gala (away) and Virginia Braves. There's a difficult Scottish Cup tie against Clach among those too.

We're not in great form going into a period that could shape our season and all we can do is hope the guys can turn it around. 

I reckon both sides would take a point on Saturday if they were offered beforehand.

26 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Really? I'd bite your hand off for that.

I would, I reckon. Still a fixture on paper that is marked as one of the trickier ones in this league. Keeps our form and position steady going into next month. We've picked up a bit of form (league-wise) at a good time with a lot of sides around us (minus EK) starting to drop more points. Still seems to be a sense of not being quite sure what version of us is gonna turn up on the day, but it's looking a lot better than it was. 

11 minutes ago, The Hologram said:

more of an agenda than an opinion. I guarantee you wouldn't make the same comments to the player's face.

I'll introduce myself to you on Saturday and we'll see if you want to swear at me face to face mr committee man.

14 minutes ago, realrosefan said:

I'll introduce myself to you on Saturday and we'll see if you want to swear at me face to face mr committee man.

3 minutes ago, The Hologram said:

can't wait. I'll be standing beside Sean

Hahaha. Get in. This is what P&B used to be like.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm pretty sure it's a miss-hit and that he was intending to put it behind for a corner. No defender would put their goalkeeper under that amount of pressure.

Got to be joking. That's a back pass. Defender has put him under pressure. I think he's not meant to have hit is as hard.

7 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Got to be joking. That's a back pass. Defender has put him under pressure. I think he's not meant to have hit is as hard.

At the game I thought it was a pass back. Watched highlights and still think it was. If it had been at other end I would have been screaming for a free.kick.

52 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Nope, I think he's trying to side-foot it behind with his left foot and mistimes it. It would be mental to aim a back-pass at the keeper at that range and between his posts. Defenders normally get the benefit of the doubt with those and I think his surprise at the award of the free kick is genuine.

I know it can be seen otherwise but that's what I think.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Nope, I think he's trying to side-foot it behind with his left foot and mistimes it. It would be mental to aim a back-pass at the keeper at that range and between his posts. Defenders normally get the benefit of the doubt with those and I think his surprise at the award of the free kick is genuine.

I know it can be seen otherwise but that's what I think.

Entitled to your opinion Gordon same as the rest of us 

Squad looking a bit thin suddenly. Were 22 names on player sponsorship list on Tuesday. Simpson away to Sauchie and McKenzie away to Boness Athletic.

Thom and Sneddon injured and Brown suspended. 

15 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Squad looking a bit thin suddenly. Were 22 names on player sponsorship list on Tuesday. Simpson away to Sauchie and McKenzie away to Boness Athletic.

Thom and Sneddon injured and Brown suspended. 

McKenzie moving on probably the right thing for both him and the club imo. Good servant the past few years but move makes sense.

Unfortunately the ref got both pass back and sending off correct.

Our performance last night didn't deserve anything and we can have no complaints that points went to the Shire.

Concerning is our form in recent matches has been poor.  

Not sure what has happened as our pacy approach has become slow and laboured.

Saturday is an ideal game to show our bounceback ability..