Germany - Scotland

Old Bing

It's just a clear quality difference. 

They've 6 or 7 world class players and a few more elite players whilst we have probably 1 truly world class player at LB, 2 or 3 elite players and the rest are English Championship standard.

It's horrific how meekly we are getting beat but two goalkeeping errors, a last ditch sending off and some sloppy defending will do that against the top teams.

I’m going to invoke the “diddy team playing Celtic or Sevco” adage and say that our tournament won’t be defined by this game. 

It’s Switzerland and Hungary we need to get results against. 

Spoiler

I know, I know. 

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

What's our worst result in a finals? 

Your choice of 0-2 or 1-3. On course for the best worst. (at the Euros)

Edited by TxRover

Oh feck it, I'm away to watch Painting by Bob Ross. 

This could get embarrassing.

Clarke tactics were far too passive to start. Allowing Germans too much time and space.

He is solely to blame for this debacle.

Down to ten, it's going to get a long second half. I don't blame Porteous.

Our midfield has been utter dross.

I don't care if it's Germany (a historically weak one at that) and I don't care if it's the host nation.

I don't even care that we're losing. That first half performance is among the worst that I've ever seen from the national team. Set up to play negative, stifling football but constantly left a massive gap in front of the defense. Couldn't string two passes togehter. Murdered by their press, and not a single attacking chance.

"Embarrassing" is often overused when it comes to football, but that was as embarrassing as it gets. Tactically a shambles, and that's on the manager and his staff.

We'll be lucky if we keep it under 7, and it's put us in a spot where we're in big trouble before the tournament has even really begun. I question the point in turning up if that's how we're going to play this.

Honking. Too many players gone missing. Midfield are chasing shadows. There was a guy on here saying McGregor was better than Rice last week, he’s barely better than Anneka on this performance. 

Just now, The Master said:

I’m going to invoke the “diddy team playing Celtic or Sevco” adage and say that our tournament won’t be defined by this game. 

It’s Switzerland and Hungary we need to get results against. 

Hide contents

I know, I know. 

Porteous has already made the next 2 games harder having our starters chase shadows for 45 mins. 

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

One of the most one sided halves of football I’ve ever seen at a major tournament. 3 down and a man down, my my. The scoreline could be worse of course, marginal penalty call going our way and Gunn has had a decent game sweeping up behind our shambolic defence a couple of times and saving an offside shot that I think could have been VAR’d onside.
We’ve not even had a sight of goal much less a shot.  It’s been pathetic and embarrassing from Scotland.

The second half will all be about how arsed the Germans are. If they’re up for it this could quite easily finish 7 or 8 nil. If they get the cigars out and go easy it will finish 3 or 4 mil. 

A tough watch, either way. 

You're absolutely loving it aren't you, you miserable b*****d. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It's just a clear quality difference. 

They've 6 or 7 world class players and a few more elite players whilst we have probably 1 truly world class player at LB, 2 or 3 elite players and the rest are English Championship standard.

It's horrific how meekly we are getting beat but two goalkeeping errors, a last ditch sending off and some sloppy defending will do that against the top teams.

Spot on, Germany have players on the bench who’d walk into our team. We’ve not been great but they’re levels above us 

Porteous being Porteous aside and Gunn not being great for the goal, I’m not sure what else folk were expecting