Guests in the Junior Cup

I see Dunipace have been drawn away to Letham on the same day they have a league fixture away to Tynecastle.

Letham do have floodlights but imagine won't be keen to move given Midlands league specifically slots the Junior Cup into the schedule and I imagine there are midweek bookings to be considered.

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I see Dunipace have been drawn away to Letham on the same day they have a league fixture away to Tynecastle.

Letham do have floodlights but imagine won't be keen to move given Midlands league specifically slots the Junior Cup into the schedule and I imagine there are midweek bookings to be considered.

We have indeed. We're one of several East of Scotland sides with ties in the second round

Inverkeithing HS (meant to be away to Edinburgh South in the league)

Sauchie (meant to be home to Whitburn in the league)

Camelon (meant to be away to Kirkcaldy & Dysart in the league)

West Calder United (meant to be home to Armadale in the league).

12 hours ago, Dunipace FC said:

We have indeed. We're one of several East of Scotland sides with ties in the second round

I think you mean "are" rather than "meant to be" 

12 hours ago, Dunipace FC said:

Armadale are also playing the Junior Cup so that will be fine as both will agree to the move.

Don't know why either Junior Cup or league opponents of the others would agree to a move. I guess the four EOS teams all have under 20s so there is a possibility to play both fixtures.

11 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Armadale are also playing the Junior Cup so that will be fine as both will agree to the move.

Don't know why either Junior Cup or league opponents of the others would agree to a move. I guess the four EOS teams all have under 20s so there is a possibility to play both fixtures.

The EoS have said that league games must be played as scheduled and can only be moved for Scottish Cup or SCC matches.

9 hours ago, patriot1 said:

The EOS have said that they will not move any league fixtures for the Junior Cup.

It's an EoS/LL conspiracy against the proper Junior men in the West!

15 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's an EoS/LL conspiracy against the proper Junior men in the West!

Poor wee lad, just wanting to live in the past in his wee Junior Box! The EoS/LL teams have all (mostly) grown up. Pity most of those in the West still want to keep their dummy. 

10 hours ago, Crow said:

These lot entering the ‘Junior Cup’ Jesus Christ 🙆🏻

I can almost understand the rest joining through bone-idle committees still stuck in the past, but Inverkeithing Swifts are a head scratcher. Thought they were actually a well run, new club who wouldn't be fooled by a bag of sweeties dangled in front of them

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I can almost understand the rest joining through bone-idle committees still stuck in the past, but Inverkeithing Swifts are a head scratcher. Thought they were actually a well run, new club who wouldn't be fooled by a bag of sweeties dangled in front of them

My best guess would be that, precisely because they are a new club, and have yet to experience the specialness of the Junior Cup, they have been blinded by the possibility of prize money (which must look quite appealing to a small club) but haven't done the due diligence on how much it's going to cost them to get to the lucrative stages. Nor have they considered the fixture congestion and it's knock-on effects. Which will probably include them righteously pissing off the other clubs they inconvenience in their quest for tiny pond-dwelling glory.

5 hours ago, Spyro said:

What a load of nonsense referring to clubs as having bone-idle committees because they are participating in a national competition. I do not think the committees of Bo’ness United,Camelon, Sauchie, Dunipace, Tranent who are all participating in the Scottish Junior Cup will be enamoured by these idiotic comments 

4 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

What a load of nonsense referring to clubs as having bone-idle committees because they are participating in a national competition. I do not think the committees of Bo’ness United,Camelon, Sauchie, Dunipace, Tranent who are all participating in the Scottish Junior Cup will be enamoured by these idiotic comments 

Well none of them seems to bother checking the actual logistics of whether they were going to be able to play the games. So it's incompetence or bone-idleness to just assume the other teams were going to be willing to mess up their own fixtures so they could play in an extra cup. 

At least the under 20's will get a run out though, less than 24 after their league games... 

26 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Sauchie have a committee in name only. It's the Duncan mafia that run the club.

44 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Well none of them seems to bother checking the actual logistics of whether they were going to be able to play the games. So it's incompetence or bone-idleness to just assume the other teams were going to be willing to mess up their own fixtures so they could play in an extra cup. 

At least the under 20's will get a run out though, less than 24 after their league games... 

As pointed out about IHS above, I would add their decision came before the SCC announced it was doing away with regionalisation. While they'd had a couple of games against WoS teams. Being boxed into the NE section will have seemed limiting. Its not like they'd come close to winning the Alex Jack.

The rest of the returns all being SFA teams I think tells its own story.

4 hours ago, guinness said:

Sauchie have a committee in name only. It's the Duncan mafia that run the club.

🤣🤣 Like a supporter who sometimes questions his/her own team stance from time to time👏

Sauchie’s twitter page made a comment, to the effect that everything would be ok on the night, but then conspicuous by their silence. Tranent FC twitter page made no further comment but one of the normally staunch Tranent fans questioned what would happen on 21st Sept, given they are due to play Gretna in league on same day. I respect his thought👍

4 hours ago, Vollyman said:

Tend to agree with Spyro. Do you actually know if these clubs will actually participate in the MM cup when the time comes? Seemed to remember a couple of EoS clubs last season, who entered the competition but had to pull out before kicking a ball. 

Perhaps your comments are the ones that are idiotic. 

On 16/07/2024 at 09:45, Dunipace FC said:

Pumpherston (Meant to be playing Livingston at home that day also Livingston playing in junior cup)

• 1 month later...

Looks like the opening round fixtures have been sorted (always going to be the easiest), those in bold likely to go through.

Sauchie v Dunipace in the league playing the following midweek to free up 7th September for the Junior Cup.

Armadale, Inverkeithing (with Beith out the Scottish Cup), Livingston, Pumpherston and West Calder playing 31st August which was free anyway.

Camelon hosting Scone on Wednesday 18th September solves their clash.