Guests in the Junior Cup

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Gotta speculate to accumulate.

SJFA are making it up as they go along. Right now though, a guest has to become a member to continue after their first season. I wonder how many will take it up again? As I could see things being a bit more rigid next season. Fixture lists were only so late because of the Euros. Which seemed to allow the SJFA to drag out applications and lay claim to dates on the calendar.

I'm sure they'll find other ways to con short-sighted club committees into thinking they are still relevant. Anything for a bit more dough in their back pockets

I always had this theory that the Junior Cup was kept going so Talbot could bung an extra star onto their badge. 

Since I came up with this theory Talbot have been fairly rotten in the Junior Cup... 

17 minutes ago, The Mallan Streak said:

ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR NEXT MIDWEEK

FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS NOW.

WEBSITE NOT UP TO DATE.

Which website? That's the SJFA one.

Camelon doesn't have anything https://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/calendar/season-2024-25/

Scone don't have it as a midweek, but for Saturday 21st.

image.thumb.png.69ec46877fc76566dbf86e03ac2b17c3.png

34 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.thumb.png.40c3bd37e201dc6a21b1c4f3e5acb433.png

Seems to have been the compromise for both Camelon & Bo'ness Utd to get the games played.

Not sure why anyone thinks that's better than the midweek. We had to go to luncarty midweek and they had to come to us midweek and its the same distance 

On 07/09/2024 at 21:11, FairWeatherFan said:

Gotta speculate to accumulate.

SJFA are making it up as they go along. Right now though, a guest has to become a member to continue after their first season. I wonder how many will take it up again? As I could see things being a bit more rigid next season. Fixture lists were only so late because of the Euros. Which seemed to allow the SJFA to drag out applications and lay claim to dates on the calendar.

Why? What effect could the Euros possibly have on domestic fixtures?

Or was the SPFL fixture guy enjoying a jolly in Germany instead of doing his only work of the year?

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

Why? What effect could the Euros possibly have on domestic fixtures?

Or was the SPFL fixture guy enjoying a jolly in Germany instead of doing his only work of the year?

You think he (she?) won't have other SPFL tasks?

7 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Not sure why anyone thinks that's better than the midweek. We had to go to luncarty midweek and they had to come to us midweek and its the same distance 

They were both league game though, just be thankful that Scone were decent enough (or coerced) into play you on a Sunday and didn't (get to) take a default win

3 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Are Scone just holding out until Camelon are forced to withdraw?

Or did Camelon players/coaches have something to say about 2 games in 24 hours?

I'm starting to think the result of this one will be w/o

wait until Rodri hears about this

44 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Are Scone just holding out until Camelon are forced to withdraw?

Or did Camelon players/coaches have something to say about 2 games in 24 hours?

I'm starting to think the result of this one will be w/o

This is also meant to be the easiest tie to get played as there has been two months notice to arrange something.