Guests in the Junior Cup

Just now, glensmad said:

Are you sure ?

Well if they are I'd like to see their workings because these days everything is a distant second to the league. 

The SJC is still the most enjoyable non-league tournament to be part of IMO but I'd be surprised if anyone seriously held it as their number 1 priority. Who knows though, maybe they do!

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Well if they are I'd like to see their workings because these days everything is a distant second to the league. 

The SJC is still the most enjoyable non-league tournament to be part of IMO but I'd be surprised if anyone seriously held it as their number 1 priority. Who knows though, maybe they do!

Most clubs priority list will be

1 Win the league

2 Win promotion

3 Avoid relegation

4 Have a good cup run.

5 Win a cup.

Clydebank's list is

1 Beat Talbot twice

2 Beat Talbot twice

On 16/06/2024 at 23:33, Casey Jones said:

Is Kennie living in past glories? Like it or not, the Junior Cup is past its sell-by date and should be put out to grass. 

No denying that prior to the mass move of East Region Teams to the EoS set-up, the West Region teams were dominant. However from 2010 Linlithgow and Musselburgh both got to the Junior Cup Finals on two occasions each. 

Roll on to 2021-22, Yoker got to final. In 2022-23, they were playing in the West of Scotland 2nd Division, finishing 6th (still in that division). 

In 2022-23, Rutherglen Glencairn got to final & finished 9th in WoS 1st Division (still in that division).

In 2023-24, Arthurlie got to final and got relegated from WoS Premier League. Previous season, they finished 4th bottom, just 2-pts above last relegation position.

Realistically, all things being equal, Yoker, Rutherglen or Arthurlie would not have contested the Junior Cup Final if old set up was still in place. So why do teams still think it best to play in a cup that is diminished in stature? As said previously, very few teams can be confident in making money from all their troubles/travels. 

Absolutely beats me why Sauchie + Dunipace are showing an interest this year. 

Disagree with you about the junior cup being put out to pasture, if clubs want to play it they absolutely should. I do find it farcical its administered by someone from a rival organisation though and its pretty obvious there is a clear conflict of interest. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Disagree with you about the junior cup being put out to pasture, if clubs want to play it they absolutely should. I do find it farcical its administered by someone from a rival organisation though and its pretty obvious there is a clear conflict of interest. 

Therein lies the problem.

What makes it a rival organisation?

Or more to the point why do Clydebank believe it to be a rival organisation?

What is it a rival to?

Edited by Casper Wilson

1 hour ago, Casper Wilson said:

Therein lies the problem.

What makes it a rival organisation?

Or more to the point why do Clydebank believe it to be a rival organisation?

What is it a rival to?

Why the red dot Mr Rod?

It is a serious question.

By the way, knock yourself out with the red dots.

11 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Why the red dot Mr Rod?

It is a serious question.

By the way, knock yourself out with the red dots.

Because quite simply its a nonsensical point, you know the wosl and sjfa are rival organisations, that is why clubs left the wrsjfa to form the wosl. The sjfa administers other tier 6 leagues, it is a rival organisation the same way the eosl is. 

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Because quite simply its a nonsensical point, you know the wosl and sjfa are rival organisations, that is why clubs left the wrsjfa to form the wosl. The sjfa administers other tier 6 leagues, it is a rival organisation the same way the eosl is. 

Nope, I don't get it.

They're certainly different organisations but I don't see how that makes them rivals.

2 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Nope, I don't get it.

They're certainly different organisations but I don't see how that makes them rivals.

Everyone else gets it Alex, i think its your refusal to "get it" that perhaps led to the result at the AGM?

Its a cup, that is given an undue level of priority and causes no end of issues with fixture arrangements/cancellations, and the fact it being promoted to the detriment of the WOSFL by its own fixture secretary is shambolic

14 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

Everyone else gets it Alex, i think its your refusal to "get it" that perhaps led to the result at the AGM?

Its a cup, that is given an undue level of priority and causes no end of issues with fixture arrangements/cancellations, and the fact it being promoted to the detriment of the WOSFL by its own fixture secretary is shambolic

Yep pretty sure a couple of years ago we were treated to a bizarre ‘live tweet’ event of the sjfa optional cup final whilst the wosl’s own cup was being played for with absolutely no coverage of it, which considering the wosl cup actually had a sponsor was baffling. 

On 17/06/2024 at 18:40, Casper Wilson said:

Most clubs priority list will be

1 Win the league

2 Win promotion

3 Avoid relegation

4 Have a good cup run.

5 Win a cup.

Clydebank's list is

1 Beat Talbot twice

2 Beat Talbot twice

Been doing well with that recently🙄🤣

11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep pretty sure a couple of years ago we were treated to a bizarre ‘live tweet’ event of the sjfa optional cup final whilst the wosl’s own cup was being played for with absolutely no coverage of it, which considering the wosl cup actually had a sponsor was baffling. 

Disappointed in you Mr Rod.

Flimsy argument there when it’s never been the case when both Finals have been played on the same day. I take it your poor attempt at justifying your case is the semi final of the West Cup between Hurlford and Pollok back in 2022. probably put in there due to a postponement or something because the Final was played the following Saturday. Hurlford winning on penalties against Kilwinning.

Meanwhile in the East of the country this season, whilst the Final of the much vaunted South Challenge Cup was taking place at Broadwood, the King Cup Final was also being played.

Flimsy argument there when it’s never been the case when both Finals have been played on the same day. I take it your poor attempt at justifying your case is the semi final of the West Cup between Hurlford and Pollok back in 2022. probably put in there due to a postponement or something because the Final was played the following Saturday. Hurlford winning on penalties against Kilwinning.

Meanwhile in the East of the country this season, whilst the Final of the much vaunted South Challenge Cup was taking place at Broadwood, the King Cup Final was also being played.

I didnt say it was the final of the wosl cup, i was pretty sure it was a semi final but couldnt find the tweets, what i said was the cup was being played for which is the case with any cup match. Regardless of the circumstances of how that came about it was still shameful and indicative of the conflict of interest that lingers on especially around the bizarre decision to stop midweek games for two weeks despite outstanding fixtures to accommodate the voluntary cup semi final. There is no compromise in the fixtures and no club who does not wish to play in a rival organisations cup should have fixtures changed or moved or put off to implement it. Its clear you feel differently and thats fine, however the conflict is clear.  

Case of conflict of interest pretty much proven by a SJFA/WoSFL official slagging off a WoSL/EoSFL/SoSFL/Lowland league tournament run under the auspices of the SFA in favour of his beloved SJFA

You shouldn't be allowed to sit on 2 different associations committees that's the problem the WOSFL should be impartial and only have the best interests of WOSFL league fixtures and teams guys like the fixture Secretary should be asked to step aside from his SJFA role same with any new people wishing to be elected to committees 

Again, the sponsors of the Demolition Cup, and the South Regions Cup must be delighted to hear the people running the WoS League actively downplaying these tournaments in a vain attempt at bigging up their side-hussle