Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

I reckon Clarke has a decision to make now about going 4 or 5 at the back vs Hungary. One of the previous times Robbo was out we started with a 4-2-3-1 vs ROI at Hampden and Tierney went off for Taylor. McKenna and Hendry were the centre backs that night.

With Morgan and Forrest in the squad he has players with the capability to play out on the wings. 

1 minute ago, ScottishLoon said:

People need to stop going on about shankland being ahead of Adams or even Conway tbh.

He's been brilliant for hearts and has done a decent job as a impact player for Scotland but physically he's not up to that level for any decent length of time.

I agree. A good domestic player but not going to cut it against decent international teams. Not saying that makes Adams a great choice but he is the only choice right now IMO.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

I reckon Clarke has a decision to make now about going 4 or 5 at the back vs Hungary. One of the previous times Robbo was out we started with a 4-2-3-1 vs ROI at Hampden and Tierney went off for Taylor. McKenna and Hendry were the centre backs that night.

With Morgan and Forrest in the squad he has players with the capability to play out on the wings. 

There's no justification for going 3-5-2 v Hungary, but we probably will.

1 minute ago, ScottishZizou said:

You can’t be serious with that take? He ran himself into the ground and got us up the pitch multiple times. It was a thankless task with the formation we play and he did as well as I think was possible in the circumstances, I thought he was excellent. Shankland could never give us a performance like that let’s be real here. 

He ran about but offered no out ball. No hold up play. And 1 shot at goal.

9 passes is pathetic. He needs to be more involved, taking in the ball, moving into space to recieve a pass and lay it off. Not standing next to the defender then getting beat as he is left flat footed yet again.

If he was one of those players that can do f**k all but out of nowhere can score then things may be ok. But we dont have the luxury of a player that hardly touches the ball or link up with anyone.

Just now, Virtual Insanity said:

There's no justification for going 3-5-2 v Hungary, but we probably will.

Think you could make an argument for familiarity, I’d imagine most of our last however many games were us playing 5 at the back 

5 minutes ago, McGlovin' said:

Totally. He looked pleased with the draw when camera cut to him at full-time. A win against Hungary should do now, so sound enough thinking - after today's results, it's probable that the 3rd placed team in Group B will have only 1 point, plus it's looking likely that 3rd place in Group D will have 3 points at best.

I noticed the fist pump as well

7 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Scotland might even get through with a draw v Hungary. We'd need Italy and Spain to win their last games and one other group going like that.

The calculators will be out.

No chance do a team go through with 2 points and -4 GD

General thought is I thought that was a really good game of football by both teams. Not high scoring but well matched good quality football with a bit of edge about it but staying the right side of the line.

I think some of our big players turned up tonight - Robertson, Hanley, Tierney, McTominay and Gilmour all and McKenna was really good off the bench I felt, he's never going to be Tierney but he did well.

Obviously horrific error for the goal and Ralston is a massive weak link that needs addressing although with an untested McCrorie and Forrest as options, hard to see that changing.

McGinn was anonymous for so long in that game. Adams did ok but he's just nowhere near Lyndon Dykes in games like that. McGregor also wasn't quite at it.

All in a point was pretty fair.

The Hungary game without Tierney will be a huge challenge to shape up for.

36 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Stuck in two minds here:

1) Job done, bring on Hungary. 

2) if this were the 'normal' rules we'd realistically be out already like every other Euro / WC group stage we've always used as a benchmark.

Go with 1), m8. 🙂

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

No chance do a team go through with 2 points and -4 GD

Italy beat Croatia

Spain beat Albania

Austria and Poland draw

France beat Poland

Netherlands beat Austria

Then B and D both have third placed teams on just 1 point.

None of those results are individually unlikely but the fivefold is, especially when Austria and Poland will both be in must win mode.

37 minutes ago, Clubberlang said:

Tony Ralston is full on viewing of how the level of footballers in Scotland is regressing, im Not even joking when I say I’ve seen many better right backs in the junior game than him over the years he looks like he won a lottery to represent Scotland for the euros

Great post, m8. 😒

11 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

People need to stop going on about shankland being ahead of Adams or even Conway tbh.

He's been brilliant for hearts and has done a decent job as a impact player for Scotland but physically he's not up to that level for any decent length of time.

Agreed !

Just now, JS_FFC said:

Italy beat Croatia

Spain beat Albania

Austria and Poland draw

France beat Poland

Netherlands beat Austria

Then B and D both have third placed teams on just 1 point.

None of those results are individually unlikely but the fivefold is, especially when Austria and Poland will both be in must win mode.

There's a reason it's not happened before you know, 2 points isn't enough and it shouldn't be enough to get through anyway.