Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

5 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Adams. 90 minites. With 1 Shot on Target. 9 passes. 1 Tackle. 3 fouls commited and 2 fouls won.

Shankland. 4 minutes. 3 passes.

Over the 90 minutes thats a poor performance from Adams.

You can’t be serious with that take? He ran himself into the ground and got us up the pitch multiple times. It was a thankless task with the formation we play and he did as well as I think was possible in the circumstances, I thought he was excellent. Shankland could never give us a performance like that let’s be real here. 

4 minutes ago, Braesoyetts said:

Satisfied with the result up to a point.  Much more appetite and effort than against Germany, better tactically as well.  Think the Swiss could have won it, but late on looked like we could have gotten something.   Pretty fair for both teams.

if we had a defence worthy of the name, we’d probably be dark horses to win the whole thing.  Or at least to get out of the group stage.

not too confident about beating Hungary, but if they play with the kind of effort and intensity they did most of tonight, we have at least a good chance.

Oh and Clark needs to bring subs on much earlier - 4 minutes is not enough for Shankland or Christie to get to make an impact, though they did their best.

next game I’d start with Shankland, and have McGinn play a bit further back.

Clarke was looking for the draw tonight and got what he wanted, I think he's pining his Hope's on the win against Hungary to see us through, if it backfires he have to live with it

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Scotland struggle a bit with winning games at tournaments. It’s our poor football skills, rather than any loser mentality, that prevents us winning games.

I’m not a fan of draws but they are better than defeats.

Correct !

Just now, ScottishZizou said:

You can’t be serious with that take? He ran himself into the ground and got us up the pitch multiple times. It was a thankless task with the formation we play and he did as well as I think was possible in the circumstances, I thought he was excellent. Shankland could never give us a performance like that let’s be real here. 

He didn't kick the ball in the goal though, boooo. 

5 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Ffs. He is third choice - we had no option aside from McRorie who is probably on a par.

He literally got punted to midfield because he was so shite. We manged fine without him at RB until Tierney got injured. We have plenty of midfielders to play in front of him so stop with the tired excuses. He shouldn't be playing, simple as that

18 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

No they're not. It looks very likely Group B won't have a 3rd placed team that reaches 3 points, which means it only takes 1 of the other 4 groups to have the same scenario and then a Hungary win puts them through. Groups C, D and F all look possible for this to happen. Even if that doesn't transpire, being the first group we won't know by that point so Hungary's only chance is to go for it and get a win, they are just as dangerous as they would have been, if not more so.

Scotland might even get through with a draw v Hungary. We'd need Italy and Spain to win their last games and one other group going like that.

The calculators will be out.

5 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Ffs. He is third choice - we had no option aside from McRorie who is probably on a par.

He is about third choice at Celtic as well so how is he in an international team never mind squad.

People need to stop going on about shankland being ahead of Adams or even Conway tbh.

He's been brilliant for hearts and has done a decent job as a impact player for Scotland but physically he's not up to that level for any decent length of time.

Just now, AndyX said:

Scotland might even get through with a draw v Hungary. We'd need Italy and Spain to win their last games and one other group going like that.

The calculators will be out.

The France group maybe if them and Holland both beat Austria and Poland and Austria and Poland draw with each other.

16 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Adams. 90 minites. With 1 Shot on Target. 9 passes. 1 Tackle. 3 fouls commited and 2 fouls won.

Shankland. 4 minutes. 3 passes.

Over the 90 minutes thats a poor performance from Adams.

Everything I read the week before the tournament was that Shankland wasn’t good enough for the national squad and Che Adams had to start.

Adams scores a goal every 4 games in the English Championship and a goal every 5 games for Scotland.

I don’t care if it’s an English league, I’d play the in-form striker who’s scored 3 in 12 for Scotland and almost 2 goals every 3 games for Hearts….including 11 against Celtic/Rangers where you’d assume his team didn’t have the bulk of possession.

Edited by Luddite

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Clarke was looking for the draw tonight and got what he wanted, I think he's pining his Hope's on the win against Hungary to see us through, if it backfires he have to live with it

Totally. He looked pleased with the draw when camera cut to him at full-time. A win against Hungary should do now, so sound enough thinking - after today's results, it's probable that the 3rd placed team in Group B will have only 1 point, plus it's looking likely that 3rd place in Group D will have 3 points at best.

42 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The same posters oozing about how the Swiss would pump us now proclaiming the demise of Clarke.  

Honest to f**k.

Indeed. There's a lot of morons about.