Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

3 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Has that ever happened? Genuine question btw?

He's had a farily good season for Hearts both at home and in Europe. Gunn didn't even want to play for us and didn't exactly cover himself in glory the other night.

@capt_oats trademark

giphy(8).gif.b02bc19688711c4bbb9512d544df5532.gif

On 16/06/2024 at 12:42, Ross. said:

Sommer, Akanji and Xhaka are miles ahead of anything we have, the rest it’s more down to mentality and attitude. For all that the Swiss have 4/5 forwards who are miles better than ours, it’s more to do with our lack of options than theirs being particularly good. Amdouni and Okofor both have huge potential for sure but aren’t there yet, Embolo is a James McFadden tribute act and the boy Duah that scored their opener was more or less a journeyman until the last couple of seasons.

In the last year or so they have struggled against Romani, Israel, Belarus and Kosovo, all games they would have been winning with relative ease for most of the last decade. They are a team in transition and there for the taking if we get it right on the day.

Hey, how do the Swiss compare to the Dutch in your opinion in terms of tactically or ability? We replaced a scheduled friendly with Switzerland with The Netherlands game after drawing them in this competition.

Originally I thought that was prep for Germany, but given how we differently we approached both games 'm wondering if it could be considered preparation for this group game.

Edited by 2426255

10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Hey, how do the Swiss compare to the Dutch in your opinion in terms of tactically or ability? We replaced a scheduled friendly with Switzerland with The Netherlands game after drawing them in this competition.

Originally I thought that was prep for Germany, but given how we differently we approached both games 'm wondering if it could be considered preparation for this group game.

I’ll be honest, other than their game against us I haven’t watched the Dutch for a while. Even their game over the weekend I only caught about 15 minutes, so I have no idea.

13 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Nah the Dutch are 433 while Switzerland play the same shape as us. 

39 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Has that ever happened? Genuine question btw?

He's had a farily good season for Hearts both at home and in Europe. Gunn didn't even want to play for us and didn't exactly cover himself in glory the other night.

I’ve seen Clark have games that it looks like he’s never seen a football before.  Obviously I don’t see him as much as St Johnstone or Hearts fans, but I have seen him have absolute nightmares.  

Nobody played well against Germany.   

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’ve seen Clark have games that it looks like he’s never seen a football before.  Obviously I don’t see him as much as St Johnstone or Hearts fans, but I have seen him have absolute nightmares.  

Nobody played well against Germany.   

Pit aw the Hertz plerz in 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's literally just our "in possession" shape when playing a back 5?

Id' argue our in possession shape is a 3-4-1-2 most of the time with a back 5. 

If you're changing to a back 4 and wingers you have to actually change the profile of players there. It's pointless playing Robertson/McGinn as "wingers" as that's the exact same issue we have just now, neither can beat someone consistently 1v1.

I'm not asking anyone to beat anyone 1v1. I'm asking Robertson to provide width higher up the park. Tierney can still overlap in the way he currently does so the onus isn't on Robertson beating anyone. Just give us some width in the other team's half.

If you want a back 4 you have to put a Morgan or Forrest in there on at least one side to make a "change of shape" actually happen.

Nonsense. 

The Swiss are unbeaten in 5 and their last defeat was at the hands of Romania back in November. 

I think we need to complete a lot better, as much as I think Souness is a fanny, he’s correct the players have to make it personal and look to win their individual battles, or at the very least ensure their opponents don’t get it easy. 
Keep close to Xhaka don’t give him room to create. 
I said it before the Germany game we need to work harder than our opposition to stay in the game for longer, build confidence and perhaps sneak something. 

13 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

The Open Goal lads and Susan Calman have gone out to engage with the players and boost morale.

Could be a masterstroke from Clarke.

As if the team weren't feeling down enough already.

Big positive that our remaining group matches aren't on I/STV.  Avoiding Souness and McCoist is key.  

The top is so minging that I genuinely reckon the terrible performance on Friday was as a result of the players actively trying to get dropped so they don’t have to wear it again. 

Do you all genuinely think we had the option of keeping the anniversary one for the Euros when Adidas were making a new template for literally all of their other teams? It's time to embrace a future design classic before it's too late.

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Do you all genuinely think we had the option of keeping the anniversary one for the Euros when Adidas were making a new template for literally all of their other teams? It's time to embrace a future design classic before it's too late.

What are they going to do? Force us to wear it?

Adidas are not even our real dad.

On 16/06/2024 at 13:14, Skyline Drifter said:

Every keeper in the world is coached to parry things wide if they cant hold them, not back into the middle of goal. He's an international keeper, you cant simply say 'he saves the inital shot' and absolve all blame. He should do much better than fumble it six yards into the middle of goal.

The 5th was in the corner but it wasnt absolutely lashed and came from outside the box. He got to it, then didnt save it. You cant completely absolve him of that either.

The offside one he parried into the air but didnt get over the bar and it dropped over his head into the net. 

I'm not suggesting he be shot at dawn for it. In the cold light of day he's still our best option, but he had a bad night, especially with the first goal.

First and fifth I think he could / should have done better. It’s not even that he has to get a stronger hand on them, rather he should be a yard further off his line, then the touch he gets on both would be enough to keep it out.

The third however I don’t think there’s much more he can do. The ball is too central to parry wide - he’s got no momentum because it’s more of a collapse save than a dive and his arms aren’t at full stretch. Of course goalkeepers train to parry the ball wide but it isn’t always possible. There are always going to be times when you end up pushing the ball back into central areas and hoping one of your players gets there first. Unfortunately on Friday that didn’t happen.