New strips 24/25

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Three 😉

The black one designed by the school kids?   It looked good in the mock up.

5 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

The black one designed by the school kids?   It looked good in the mock up.

Gorgeous. Initially my favourite of the three although both the others are excellent too.

Almost makes me wish I still wore football tops! 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Those two blue stripes down the middle ruin that top.

I think it would be pretty meh without them. It's a similar design to one we had on the 90's. 

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think it would be pretty meh without them. It's a similar design to one we had on the 90's. 

I think it would look smart just with the plain white and the faint badge design on there already, looks like tyre marks and it's not for me, but who cares what I think!

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think it would look smart just with the plain white and the faint badge design on there already, looks like tyre marks and it's not for me, but who cares what I think!

Aye all about personal preference I suppose. My favourite away top ever, below (though it was a different sponsor to Fiat).

Think that's why I particularly like this one and the stripes. 

(That's a picture btw, I haven't taken a photo for the sake of this post :lol:)

IMG-20240722-WA0013.jpg

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye all about personal preference I suppose. My favourite away top ever, below (though it was a different sponsor to Fiat).

IMG-20240722-WA0013.jpg

I'm pretty sure that was the home kit.  The away kit was the yellow and blue one below.  Going by http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Queen_of_the_South/Queen_of_the_South.htm they had the same kits for two seasons 94/95 and 95/96.  Initially sponsored by Fiat then the Open University.

IMG_3158.jpeg

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

IMG-20240722-WA0013.jpg

35 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm pretty sure that was the home kit.  The away kit was the yellow and blue one.

I loved that top but it was definitely the Home top. Only time in history the home top wasnt predominantly blue. It was simultaneously popular and unpopular. People liked it but the move away from mainly blue home wasnt popular. 

For me nearly 30 years later it remains my favourite home top.

5 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm pretty sure that was the home kit.  The away kit was the yellow and blue one below.  Going by http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Queen_of_the_South/Queen_of_the_South.htm they had the same kits for two seasons 94/95 and 95/96.  Initially sponsored by Fiat then the Open University.

IMG_3158.jpeg

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I loved that top but it was definitely the Home top. Only time in history the home top wasnt predominantly blue. It was simultaneously popular and unpopular. People liked it but the move away from mainly blue home wasnt popular. 

For me nearly 30 years later it remains my favourite home top.

Had no idea it was a home top. I was a lot younger when I got it. Did we have the Open University as sponsors for 2 years in a row then? I'm positive it was that on my mascot top and that was blue (which is why I always thought the white one was the away top). 

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Had no idea it was a home top. I was a lot younger when I got it. Did we have the Open University as sponsors for 2 years in a row then? I'm positive it was that on my mascot top and that was blue (which is why I always thought the white one was the away top). 

Open University was the sponsor in 96/97 on a blue Le Coq Sportif home shirt (check the link in my previous post).

16 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Open University was the sponsor in 96/97 on a blue Le Coq Sportif home shirt (check the link in my previous post).

6 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

IMG_3158.jpeg

I see matchwinner are reissuing classic kits from the 90s. It would be good if they could  do some of ours. 

They would need permission from the club. I wonder if that’s something the club would consider?

Retro kits are increasingly popular, so it might be another revenue stream

23 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m a big fan of that and the sponsor fits perfectly IMO. A big daft colourful logo could’ve ruined that.

Yeah, saw it first hand last night, thought it was smart. 👌

That's.... different. 

There does seem to be a trend of just reversing team colours for the away strip this year rather than utterly random designs so I can see the need for a few 3rd kits. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Mad that Queens have the shout for best and worst strips of the season. That is absolutely awful. 

Bit of background, from the club OS ... designed by local school kids and chosen via the fans as a way to engage with the local young community ...

"As you may remember, earlier this year we announced that pupils from schools across Dumfries and Galloway would be given the opportunity to design our new third kit for the season ahead. From 1,571 entries across 34 schools, we managed to whittle it down to 10 design finalists. 6,000 fan votes later, we found a champion."

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Bit of background, from the club OS ... designed by local school kids and chosen via the fans as a way to engage with the local young community ...

"As you may remember, earlier this year we announced that pupils from schools across Dumfries and Galloway would be given the opportunity to design our new third kit for the season ahead. From 1,571 entries across 34 schools, we managed to whittle it down to 10 design finalists. 6,000 fan votes later, we found a champion."

All very well, it still looks shite.