Group E, Cove, dunfermline, Livi, Forfar, Spartans

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning on going on Saturday.

What's the best way to get to Ainslie Park from the city centre? Looks like there are some buses that go neat, but which is best?

Also, looks like there's nothing near it so presumably best to have beers in the city centre then go up to the ground?

First ever competitive meeting of the clubs today. Also I get another ground ticked off. Actually looking forward to it. Will see how I feel after!

Got pubs and bus routes scouted.

Got good memories of trips to Station Park up in Forfar.Suspect Martindale will use these group games to get up to speed for the League campaign. No disrespect to Forfar,but Livi should prevail here with relative ease i suspect.Mon the Lions🦁👍🏆.

Well a flattering scoreline and not as comfortable as it reads but we did what we needed to..

Mehmet didn't have a lot to do but did make a blinder of a save first half.

The defence were under pressure for some spells and we didn't really trouble their keeper either. Thankfully we were able to score the chances we had.

There were some good performances with KRH, Otto and Wotherspoon playing well in midfield.

McCann did well in the first half and Sutherlands finish shows exactly why he should get more time with the first team to develop this season.

Chalmers despite that sitter he blew also played well give him his due, and the defence held off Spartans when they had those good spells on top.

I'd give us a 7. 5/10 overall 

Edited by Heaton

Stats show a more than comfortable win for the Lions.As per the group,Pars top on GD,reasonable to be expected givin the opposition.Livi put 5 past them them recently.After this mid week should make for an interesting game next Saturday at Almondvale. Livi v Pars.Cant wait.🏆🦁👊.

34 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Early days bud but how does your team compare to last season ? Lots o changes 

Ive got to be honest.Bearing in mind we're no longer at the top table,we've had a huge turnover in the first team playing squad,like with respect most teams pre season have.For us,its a bit of a journey into the unknown.So far the boys whove come in seem to be adapting to what Martindale wants.If they gel and its a big if,imo theve a genuine chance to challenge for at least top 4.The championship this season is going to be so unpredictable..If your asking me,I'd Say the bookies have just about got it right.Although tbh I'd put Partick ahead of Raith. Had a spare ton left in my wallet and got Livi at 5/1.If they click,they could stroll this.The club has stuck by Martindale and I believe he wants to do this before stepping down.Its gonna happen eventually. Bring it on.

59 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Early days bud but how does your team compare to last season ? Lots o changes 

8 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Ive got to be honest.Bearing in mind we're no longer at the top table,we've had a huge turnover in the first team playing squad,like with respect most teams pre season have.For us,its a bit of a journey into the unknown.So far the boys whove come in seem to be adapting to what Martindale wants.If they gel and its a big if,imo theve a genuine chance to challenge for at least top 4.The championship this season is going to be so unpredictable..If your asking me,I'd Say the bookies have just about got it right.Although tbh I'd put Partick ahead of Raith. Had a spare ton left in my wallet and got Livi at 5/1.If they click,they could stroll this.The club has stuck by Martindale and I believe he wants to do this before stepping down.Its gonna happen eventually. Bring it on.

Biggest weakness was our defence, and we've ripped that up and brought in some new CB's, whilst Nottingham is still here he didn't start and is prob going to be ok against Championship opposition. Think getting McGowan is a big improvement on what we had too. 

Also think dropping down a division changes Martindale's mindset, not to be so negative, and he's brought in wingers so we can attack more. Will all depend how quickly they all gel right enough, but early signs are looking good. We beat both Raith and Partick last season with a shite defence, but doing it over a whole season several times along with the other 7 teams is a bit different. Those 2 are the teams to beat though, they've experience playing in the Championship and were the best two behind Utd, no reason to think they wont be as good again this season. 

30 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Was 0-0, you're getting mixed up with Kelty!

Apologies, your right.And Apologies to Spartans. God knows how. But yeh,5 v Kelty. Pre season gets to you,eventually. 😃.

5 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Nice of a Forfar "fan" throwing a brick through the window of the Livi supporters bus today.

Top quality banter. 

Some of that "young team" were some absolute fannies.

Ffs , not again 

30 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Nice of a Forfar "fan" throwing a brick through the window of the Livi supporters bus today.

Top quality banter. 

Some of that "young team" were some absolute fannies.

ffs, I've just put up my game review and gave them a glowing mention for their singing/atmosphere and now this ☹️

Forfar young team didn't half make a total arse of themselves today to be fair, just all around before you get to the brick incident. Just wee guys aged 12-16 thinking they've got the power in a group. 

On the game, I was really impressed by Muirhead, thought he showed a lot of his quality and getting his goal from the free kick was a solid result for him. Sole looked good too, took his goal really well. Other standouts for me from the new signings, Liam Smith, Danny Finlayson, Ryan McGowan. Had expected Tete to do a little more, he seemed to struggle in the physical battle a bit today.