Group E, Cove, dunfermline, Livi, Forfar, Spartans

Livingston were so comfortable against a sorry Pars side.Should have won by more tbh.But top of this group and should progress with ease to be confirmed up at Cove Tues night.👏🦁.

1 hour ago, C_titz said:

Draw was probably just about right.  First 20-25 we should have been 2 or 3 up. After that cove kind of got their shit together . 

wont be surprised to see cove struggle this season 

Unless Hartley has some stellar loans up his sleeve to cover the "5 key positions", his words, and Mitch finds some form then I agree.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

Livingston were so comfortable against a sorry Pars side.Should have won by more tbh.But top of this group and should progress with ease to be confirmed up at Cove Tues night.👏🦁.

Livi should collect all 3 points on Tuesday and guarantee top spot.

I want to be positive but really can't see anything else other than an away win.

We might well strengthen before the league campaign starts but the LC is now a write off and merely game time for us.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

18 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Livi should collect all 3 points on Tuesday and guarantee top spot.

I want to be positive but really can't see anything else other than an away win.

We might well strengthen before the league campaign starts but the LC is now a write off and merely game time for us.

With respect. Suspect a point even with a game in hand should see Livi progress. Our objective is to have a stable at getting back up to the SPL.This cup,which we have won before provides a pleasant distraction before the aforementioned League campaign starts.I wish Cove all the best for the upcoming season,just not on Tuesday night 👍.

Thought we were quite comfortably better than Dunfermline today without really being at our best. 

Of the new signings, I thought Green and Clarke stood out. I like Robbie Muirhead so far. His all-round game is clearly a mixed bag but his set pieces were good and he gets himself into decent positions.

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

3 games, 3 wins, and 3 clean sheets, pretty happy with that.

Spartans scoring a late goal to keep it interesting going into our final group game, they beat us by 3 goals and they'll top the group.

If they beat you by any margin whatsoever they'll top the group! 

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

How does it work when the pts are tied, does it go to goals for next?

It goes to goal difference and then goals scored. You're currently 9 points, +5 GD and 5 goals scored. Spartans are 6 pts, +3 GD and 6 goals scored.

If they beat you 1-0 you'll both be 9 point, +4 GD and they'll have scored more.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It goes to goal difference and then goals scored. You're currently 9 points, +5 GD and 5 goals scored. Spartans are 6 pts, +3 GD and 6 goals scored.

If they beat you 1-0 you'll both be 9 point, +4 GD and they'll have scored more.

Ah right, i was forgetting when we play them, a goal scored is also a goal chopped off our GD.

Cove fielded the ineligible Grady McGrath in their opening two games and have been fined £250 up front as a result.

Forfar awarded their game 3-0 rather than on penalties which gives them an extra point in the group (and drops Cove to Nil) Ultimately changes nothing though. Forfar are still out and Cove will still be bottom.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-premier-sports-cup

Article doesn't say but I'd presume since he hasn't served the 2 game suspension he had, McGrath's suspension will be reimposed and he can't play tomorrow, or the first league cup tie next season.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Cove fielded the ineligible Grady McGrath in their opening two games and have been fined £250 up front as a result.

Forfar awarded their game 3-0 rather than on penalties which gives them an extra point in the group (and drops Cove to Nil) Ultimately changes nothing though. Forfar are still out and Cove will still be bottom.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-premier-sports-cup

Article doesn't say but I'd presume since he hasn't served the 2 game suspension he had, McGrath's suspension will be reimposed and he can't play tomorrow, or the first league cup tie next season.

Cove statement:

Edited by Ludo*1