Line up to play Hungary

6 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Nope.

It's probably because he's such a clean striker of the ball.

Personally, I'd have Robertson taking the corners on the right and someone who isn't McTominay taking them on the right. (I like inswingers)

McTominay is usually a magnet in both boxes, so I'd always have him in the box.

McT has a much better delivery than Robertson IMO. A consistently good corner gives you a better chance to score regardless of who's in the box.

20 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

McT has a much better delivery than Robertson IMO. A consistently good corner gives you a better chance to score regardless of who's in the box.

Robertson takes them for Liverpool. United fans are shocked when they see McTominay take corners.

Oh. When's the last time we scored a corner? ;)

32 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

I'd have Ryan Jack at RB. That was originally his position and he's technically a good enough footballer to be able to do a competent enough job IMO. Ralston will know everybody's waiting for him to make another mistake and will be playing more nervous and conservative than usual. Take him out for his own good.

We don't play with a right back. ;)

I agree, though. A fully fit Ryan Jack should've been right wingback vs Germany.

Ralston is a trier, but he's just not up to it.

However, tomorrow we need to attack so I'd be tempted to go with Forrest.

Edited by SlayerX

18 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Robertson takes them for Liverpool. United fans are shocked when they see McTominay take corners.

Oh. When's the last time we scored a corner? ;)

The OG v Norway? Which came from a McSauce corner then a flick-on from McLean, iirc. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

The OG v Norway? Which came from a McSauce corner then a flick-on from McLean, iirc. 

Nice.

I'll take your word for it. I can't remember.

An up vote for that one and for being a Hamilton fan. ;)

Edited by SlayerX

11 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

I still don’t understand why the ten players don’t form a daisy chain, pass the ball amongst themselves while crab-walking up the pitch and right into the opponent’s goal. Get this formation pish in the bin. 

That is what I thought my Sunday team should have done back in the day !

6 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Does Super John never take corners from our right ( inswinging ) ?

He does. He takes most of our corners* from that side and they are mostly all in-swingers. John Souttars goal against Denmark is another example of that from a while ago.

Edited by 2426255

14 hours ago, paddymcp said:

I'd have Ryan Jack at RB. That was originally his position and he's technically a good enough footballer to be able to do a competent enough job IMO. Ralston will know everybody's waiting for him to make another mistake and will be playing more nervous and conservative than usual. Take him out for his own good.

No it wasn't. Craig brown put him there because, well because Craig Brown.

He is technically very good but he's not a right back. I've no idea how to answer the right back question but it's not Ryan Jack.

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

I wonder why? :lol: 

Believe it or not, nothing to do with any Hearts players, much as I think Shankland deserves more than a run-out in stoppage time.

I genuinely might* switch my TV off if Ralston starts at RWB

*Obviously I'm a sucker, a Hearts and a Scotland fan so I have a glutton for punishment so I will watch regardless 

2 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Believe it or not, nothing to do with any Hearts players, much as I think Shankland deserves more than a run-out in stoppage time.

*Obviously I'm a sucker, a Hearts and a Scotland fan so I have a glutton for punishment so I will watch regardless 

Who would you start at RWB? I’d be amazed if the only change wasn’t McKenna for Tierney. We’re about to find out…

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Who would you start at RWB? I’d be amazed if the only change wasn’t McKenna for Tierney. We’re about to find out…

McRorie or Forrest. I Ralston's confidence will be absolutely shot and he looked like a rabbit in the headlights. I would be more comfortable if he was an RB in a 4 with someone in front of him (but I don't think this is likely)

5 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I think you will be disappointed then my friend.  Adams is the best forward we have and I expect Ralston to start over McRorie or ''Forrest. 

Just now, Stylish Kid said:

McRorie or Forrest. I Ralston's confidence will be absolutely shot and he looked like a rabbit in the headlights. I would be more comfortable if he was an RB in a 4 with someone in front of him (but I don't think this is likely)

I would also play Forrest, not sure of his offensive abilities mind you.  We could get crippled down their left in that case. 

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

I was not amazed.