Scotland's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Scotland's next permanent manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Does anyone think Moyes would take the job given what he said about the quality of players? From that list any of the top-3 would be fine by me if Clarke walks.

He definitely would take it. In the past he's said that it's a job for a senior manager (even though he's 2 years older than Clarke).

The only names on that list I would take are Moyes and Benitez.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Moyes will come to West Ham's rescue once they find themselves in the bottom three and their new shiny new manager is fired.

Edited by Chripper

24 minutes ago, Chripper said:

https://www.gambling.com/uk/news/next-scotland-manager-odds

Next Scotland Manager

Manager Odds Probability 

David Moyes    3/4    57.1% 

Derek McInnes    5/2 28.6% 

Russell Martin    3/1    25%

Stephen Robinson    4/1   20% 

Rafael Benitez    9/2    18.2% 

Alex Neil    6/1    14.3% 

Darren Ferguson    13/2    13.3% 

Frank Lampard    7/1    12.5% 

Duncan Ferguson    8/1    11.1% 

Brendan Rodgers    10/1    9.1% 

Neil Lennon    12/1    7.7% 

Steve Bruce    16/1    5.9%

I think that a Scotland team managed by Russell Martin would literally kill off all the glengarry-wearers for good. 

15 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Does anyone think Moyes would take the job given what he said about the quality of players? From that list any of the top-3 would be fine by me if Clarke walks.

Was wondering similar; that it'd be weird for him to say that and then manage a bunch of those players.

I haven't checked on Asado and Malbec, but the Argie fans I've spoken to loathe Sampaoli and see him as having made a complete arse of the World Cup in 2018. He had a wealth of attacking talent at his disposal and his tactic was essentially play everything through Messi, who he had in a slightly deeper role and made them very easy to defend against. If we want a manager who'll set up the team conservatively and have no plan B then I think we already have one.

In terms of budget, I've mentioned it on another thread, but the FAI sought outside sponsorship to pay Trappatoni and I think we should do the same to attract a top candidate. 

Otherwise I'm happy for Clarke to remain so long as he learns and adapts. I don't think Moyes is anything like the answer to our prayers and McInnes even less so. 

4 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Regards attendance at the NL games

I’ve already bought those tickets, can’t miss the points but am seriously considering entering then leaving the stadium 

If you've got two tickets for the Portugal match, you could just sell them to me because I missed out and only managed to get Finland tickets ...😟

3 hours ago, velo army said:

I haven't checked on Asado and Malbec, but the Argie fans I've spoken to loathe Sampaoli and see him as having made a complete arse of the World Cup in 2018. He had a wealth of attacking talent at his disposal and his tactic was essentially play everything through Messi, who he had in a slightly deeper role and made them very easy to defend against. If we want a manager who'll set up the team conservatively and have no plan B then I think we already have one.

In terms of budget, I've mentioned it on another thread, but the FAI sought outside sponsorship to pay Trappatoni and I think we should do the same to attract a top candidate. 

Otherwise I'm happy for Clarke to remain so long as he learns and adapts. I don't think Moyes is anything like the answer to our prayers and McInnes even less so. 

Mate we were saying learns and adapts 4 years ago, and unbelievably were much more negative and worse.

If he learns and adapts again we might line up with 11 guys on the goalline against Poland.

There's so many guys out there, I just can't get my head round anyone wanting to stick with this.

On sampaoli tbh it wasn't really a researched suggestion, was just shooting the shit. So if he messed up Argentinas campaign or not ive no idea.

But he's knows for high press attacking football so I don't think he's going to be negative.

Edited by Bing.McCrosby

On 24/06/2024 at 19:03, Kadouken_ said:

Someone who isn’t a complete shitebag and first thought is always to go after the opposition in every game. 

Bielsa would be the dream but he’s at Uruguay with some cracking young talent to come through so will probably be there for a couple of campaigns. 

Sampaoli would be a poorer version of Bielsa but at least has the same style. 

Someone who can also overhaul the whole system and bring in a load of staff at every level would be Rangnick. Give him big money, even it means outside investment, a long term deal and tell him he’s in charge of everything. Him being the manager would be an added bonus on top of all of that. 

Joachim Lowe another who is be asking if there would even be a chance he’d consider it. 

We all know though it’s Moyes, McInnes or O’Neill. 

Merry Christmas. 

McInnes out of that three for me. Or Benitez from the list above.

Moyes would be turgid, I fear plus can he work with, organise and motivate a bunch of mostly mediocre players with no cheque book to fall back upon?

Am interested in hearing the arugments for Moyes though.

8 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

McInnes out of that three for me. Or Benitez from the list above.

Moyes would be turgid, I fear plus can he work with, organise and motivate a bunch of mostly mediocre players with no cheque book to fall back upon?

Am interested in hearing the arugments for Moyes though.

One argument I was considering for Moyes over say McInnes is that he could potentially pull players dual nationality players that McInnes or maybe Clarke maybe couldn't. I'm not sure if that's a strong argument or not so feel free to poke holes in it.

Just now, 2426255 said:

One argument I was considering for Moyes over say McInnes is that he could potentially pull players dual nationality players that McInnes or maybe Clarke maybe couldn't. I'm not sure if that's a strong argument or not so feel free to poke holes in it.

Good point though it seems that some - like Gunn and Adams - needed a fair bit of pulling apparently to choose us. Would rather go for home-grown unless it's clear they really want to wear the jersey.

Haven't seen enough of Moyes as a manager to make an informed decision though. Good at Everton, pish at Man U and meh at West Ham. If he can organise and isn't scared to attack then maybe.

On 24/06/2024 at 14:34, 2426255 said:

What's the point in the discussion then? How do you know what's realistic and what isn't?

On 24/06/2024 at 14:40, 2426255 said:

Eh, no thanks. I'll leave you to your fun and I can see you're really enjoying it. Enjoy. 

Now 🤣

27 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Was relegating Inverness to the Seaside League a good thing? Must have been. Good luck to the lad.

Relegated that Forest Green vegan shower as well. Would he keep us at our present NL level? Omens aren't good...

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean, neither are good options but Derek fucking McInnes over a guy that has successfully managed for numerous years in the English Premiership. 

Wild stuff. 

It’s insane, and yet entirely predictable.

If the recruitment process was outsourced to a neutral European organisation, Moyes is the only Scot that would get remotely near an interview.

I’m always staggered at the short-sighted and small-world view that is so prevalent in Scottish football. A shortlist is proposed of *checks notes* a list of managers with either zero international experience, or consistent and total failure to make a mark in any European competition.

Yes - let’s pick them.

3 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

It’s insane, and yet entirely predictable.

If the recruitment process was outsourced to a neutral European organisation, Moyes is the only Scot that would get remotely near an interview.

I’m always staggered at the short-sighted and small-world view that is so prevalent in Scottish football. A shortlist is proposed of *checks notes* a list of managers with either zero international experience, or consistent and total failure to make a mark in any European competition.

Yes - let’s pick them.

I know it's not serious but it would be a great idea to outsource the employment. Just need the sfa to realise they are absolutely useless. Which is unlikely 

Edited by Bing.McCrosby