Game 4 Saturday August 12 Benburb v Pollok
    Largs v Clydebank
Game 5 Wednesday August 16 Pollok v Irvine Meadow
    Clydebank v Hurlford
Game 6 Saturday August 19 Glenafton v Pollok
    Auchinleck v Clydebank
Game 7 Saturday August 19 Pollok v Largs
    Clydebank v Cumnock

So, for the first 7 games, both Pollok and Clydebank were Home, Away, Home, Away, Home, Away, Home.

Yet yer man Eadie is a Dog claims otherwise.

A lot of stupid carry on last year - wasn't it Irvine Meadow who went weeks without a home game and Pollok had a run too. Of course we went a month either no games at all then some teams did half a seasons worth in around a month. 

Petty jibes aside - is it not a point of agreement that the fixtures given should be as balanced as possible with a fair run of home and away fixtures to help with cash flow and avoid runs of Home games during the really poor weather, amplifying the possibility of one team running up a backlog of games. The crazy amount of cups doesn't help, as does the lack of usable floodlights - but you can't help look at Pollok's run in particular and think it's fair ? Taking into account their financial issues last season - which couldn't have been helped by a run of no home games ( am I recalling that correctly ? ) then having no guaranteed home games until November isn't the hallmark of a professional league.

Edited by BANKIEBILL
Poor speeling

Maybe I'm missing something - but given the opening matchdays are Sat-Wed-Sat-Sat-Wed, if you split the teams into two groups* and give them home-away-home-away-home and vice-versa, then each club will have a home+away midweek game, plus at least one Saturday home game before the end of August. Assume Kennie has his reasons for not doing so...

(*this is what happens in the first four EOS matchdays, eight clubs with H-A-A midweek-H to ensure a Saturday home game)

Edited by Ginaro

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe I'm missing something - but given the opening matchdays are Sat-Wed-Sat-Sat-Wed, if you split the teams into two groups* and give them home-away-home-away-home and vice-versa, then each club will have a home+away midweek game, plus at least one Saturday home game before the end of August. Assume Kennie has his reasons for not doing so...

(*this is what happens in the first four EOS matchdays, eight clubs with H-A-A midweek-H to ensure a Saturday home game)

You are not missing something 

The H-A-A-H route would be used in most leagues to ensure a balanced fixture list. 

But one person, unfortunately when it comes to this, the most important person, doesn’t seem to grasp this.

At least it the ‘bad old’ days of junior football when you found out a game the Saturday before you had at least more logic given that home away was considered 

Scheduling this far in advance and not even getting August right… pretty embarrassing after the shambles of the WoS cup draw. 

But don’t worry, we have a new sponsor and new social media guy. 

Edited by superpollok

How many of these games do you think will be played on the dates specified. It will be lucky to be 50% due to cup ties, weather and a million other reasons.

These fixtures are a rough guide not set in stone

13 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

How many of these games do you think will be played on the dates specified. It will be lucky to be 50% due to cup ties, weather and a million other reasons.

Still isn't an excuse for them to be such a shambles for some teams. Most of us would've done better scribbling them on the back of an old envelope.

17 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Still isn't an excuse for them to be such a shambles for some teams. Most of us would've done better scribbling them on the back of an old envelope.

Fair enough but there are lots of people getting their knickers in a twist over runs of fixtures that won't actually happen

Edited by Wile E Coyote

54 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Give me the allowance money and I'll show you

Thought as much. No clue. Just want's to have a go at anything and everything. Never anything constructive or positive.

Keyboard warrior and know-all.

Edited by Casper Wilson

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

You are not missing something 

The H-A-A-H route would be used in most leagues to ensure a balanced fixture list. 

But one person, unfortunately when it comes to this, the most important person, doesn’t seem to grasp this.

Scheduling this far in advance and not even getting August right… pretty embarrassing after the shambles of the WoS cup draw. 

The weird thing is only four clubs (Beith, Drumchapel, Clydebank, Pollok) do not have a HAHAH or AHAHA sequence for the first five fixtures, makes me wonder if there's something else going on which has caused that to happen.

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

We're talking here about the opening five league games of the season, which will not be changed by cup ties as Beith v Largs on 10th August is already not scheduled (Scottish Cup prelim 1) and no games are scheduled on 17th August (South Challenge Cup round 1) - where Pollok have no Saturday home game.

26 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Thought as much. No clue. Just want's to have a go at anything and everything. Never anything constructive or positive.

Keyboard warrior and know-all.

Been doing it elsewhere for years. It's ok, you are only sticking up for your mate so I understand you're upset that he's getting (rightfully) criticised for continually being hopeless

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Saturday 31/08 stood out to me. Scottish PR2 & SJC R1 to be drawn. Strathclyde led to a St Cadoc's bye.

Any reason for just these 2 Premier fixtures being set?

image.png.0506e5a7480098f7082b7c16c6b51a80.png

Thistle kicking off at eight o'clock in the evening ?

Season 2024/2025 Predictions

Top 4 – Unsure of order, Talbot, Cumnock, JB, St Cads

Bottom 4 – Unsure of order, Glens, Bens, Shotts & Darvel

Managerial changes – Darvel, Clydebank, Bens, Glens, Cumnock(they normally go through a couple a season)

JB are no doubt the big spenders however I am sure there will be a few egos in there so interested to see how they merge as a team. For me Cumnock will be similar, lot of money thrown at team however interested how the players are as a team.

Pollok are an unknown this season, well reported money issues. Still think they will be strong enough to finish top half.

Darvel under Mick Oliver, I personally feel this is a bad move for him I am sure more stable clubs would have been interested. Unsure what he was promised etc…

Clydebank with the current squad I believe this would be their last chance of winning the league before a rebuild needs to take place.

Gartcairn will be dangerous however not sure they are at the stage yet to mount a challenge over a full season, however I think they could take points off any team.

Drumchapel for me could be a hit or a miss, not seen much of them so a bit of an unknown.

Glens I think were fortunate last season, I see it being a hard season for them. Hope I am wrong however I just don’t see them having enough quality at the moment.

Any thoughts?

55 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Managerial changes – Darvel, Clydebank, Bens, Glens, Cumnock(they normally go through a couple a season)

JB are no doubt the big spenders however I am sure there will be a few egos in there so interested to see how they merge as a team. For me Cumnock will be similar, lot of money thrown at team however interested how the players are as a team.

Pollok are an unknown this season, well reported money issues. Still think they will be strong enough to finish top half.

Darvel under Mick Oliver, I personally feel this is a bad move for him I am sure more stable clubs would have been interested. Unsure what he was promised etc…

Clydebank with the current squad I believe this would be their last chance of winning the league before a rebuild needs to take place.

Gartcairn will be dangerous however not sure they are at the stage yet to mount a challenge over a full season, however I think they could take points off any team.

Drumchapel for me could be a hit or a miss, not seen much of them so a bit of an unknown.

Glens I think were fortunate last season, I see it being a hard season for them. Hope I am wrong however I just don’t see them having enough quality at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Same.

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Any thoughts?

Yes what about Beith?