What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

8 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Nope. Unsubstantiated nonsense is not evidence. 

Give me an example of legislation drafted by KPMG. 

"One example in the report is that of KPMG, whose staff advised on the development of "controlled foreign company" and "patent box" rules, and then issued marketing brochures highlighting the role they had played. The brochure "Patent box: what's in it for you" had, it said, suggested the legislation represented a business opportunity to reduce tax and that KPMG could help clients in the "preparation of defendable expense allocation".

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/apr/26/accountancy-firms-knowledge-treasury-avoid-tax

Ms Hodge said she had seen evidence that a senior accountant from KPMG had been seconded to the Treasury to help draft new laws designed to encourage innovation by giving tax relief on the profits from patents.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/top-accountancy-firms-accused-of-exploiting-tax-laws-they-helped-to-draft-8476028.html

And twenty other links from about the same time saying big four staff are helping to draft legislation. Not to mention a myriad of articles in Private Eye and personal experience.

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

"One example in the report is that of KPMG, whose staff advised on the development of "controlled foreign company" and "patent box" rules, and then issued marketing brochures highlighting the role they had played. The brochure "Patent box: what's in it for you" had, it said, suggested the legislation represented a business opportunity to reduce tax and that KPMG could help clients in the "preparation of defendable expense allocation".

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/apr/26/accountancy-firms-knowledge-treasury-avoid-tax

Ms Hodge said she had seen evidence that a senior accountant from KPMG had been seconded to the Treasury to help draft new laws designed to encourage innovation by giving tax relief on the profits from patents.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/top-accountancy-firms-accused-of-exploiting-tax-laws-they-helped-to-draft-8476028.html

And twenty other links from about the same time saying big four staff are helping to draft legislation. Not to mention a myriad of articles in Private Eye and personal experience.

So no suggestion that KPMG staff drafted legislation then. Glad we agree.

I'd be fascinated to know what your personal experience of drafting legislation is.

21 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

So no suggestion that KPMG staff drafted legislation then. Glad we agree.

What is it you think drafting means?

21 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

I'd be fascinated to know what your personal experience of drafting legislation is.

Personal experience of Big 4 involvement in dictating/advising on policy within HMRC.  My wife was the "centre of excellence" for non-EU imports/exports for Scotland.

I see the Guardian are giving more coverage to the vacuous bint Jess Phillips.

The MSM must think that if they keep giving her publicity that somehow that will promote her to a leadership position.  It’s laughably naive.

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

It would be nice to have some ministers who don't bootlick big corporations.

"............Please pay your fair share" *

* by asking you to pay your fair share I would like to clarify that I am making demand that the amount of any payment you elect to make is put to a public vote, in line with the Labour conference policy, which agreed that a public vote on the payment of tax by multinational companies is an option. That public vote would contain real choices for those who have differing views on multinational company UK tax policies and would also consider the view of Trade Unions; ultimately though it would be the decision of Parliament". 

6 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

"............Please pay your fair share" *

* by asking you to pay your fair share I would like to clarify that I am making demand that the amount of any payment you elect to make is put to a public vote, in line with the Labour conference policy, which agreed that a public vote on the payment of tax by multinational companies is an option. That public vote would contain real choices for those who have differing views on multinational company UK tax policies and would also consider the view of Trade Unions; ultimately though it would be the decision of Parliament". 

AcademicCoarseCollie-size_restricted.gif

There’s been an obvious breakdown in collective responsibility in the government but equally within the Labour Party.

Tom Watson seems to think that it doesn’t apply to him; hopefully he will be gone after the next Conference.

This is the image on the link to his daft declaration

g_J5cLm_?format=png&name=144x144_2

I'm shocked the bellend isn't wearing a cape.

This campaign goes beyond the People's Vote idea. There is no doubt that Watson and Blair/Mandelson/Brown/Campbell will try to push the issue of rejoining if we do leave in this parliament to scupper any chance of a Labour victory in the next election.

37 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This campaign goes beyond the People's Vote idea. There is no doubt that Watson and Blair/Mandelson/Brown/Campbell will try to push the issue of rejoining if we do leave in this parliament to scupper any chance of a Labour victory in the next election.

ezgif-2-288ed7541c7d.gif

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 05/07/2019 at 16:36, Cerberus said:

Corbyn faffing about with sarcastic publicity stunts when BoJo is about to Hard Brexit the UK back to the 1950s.

To answer the OP, Labour are still pointless and voteless.

Only one fucking year too late in deciding to....well, do anything actually.

Useless fuckers. As culpable as Cameron, May and all the rest of the w@nkstains in creating an economic and social chaos that the country will take generations to escape.