What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

I must admit I was unaware of her Respect leadership and thanks for pointing me to Wiki. The chances of Respect going far were low then . Whether Anas Sarwar can have a UK impact is also low.

Well he has a relatively no bad chance of helping to oversee the breakup of the UK which would be some achievement

21 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
22 hours ago, St-ow! said:
Tempted to vote for Scottish Labour now.
Like what Sarwar says about no indyref this parliament, to recover from Covid.
I'm a Yes voter, but am ashamed that my team can still plan for an independence referendum at this worst of times. They really are irrational about independence and are putting me off. It isn't the solution to everything.
I like the background rumblings of Starmer, Findlay, Brown about looking again at Devo More or Devo Max. Hopefully something will come of that, and we'll see independence a good bit further down the road.

This really is hopelessly obvious trolling. A more than generous 1/10.

It isn't.

These are my genuine beliefs, at this moment. Absolutely scunnered with the SNP sleaze damaging our constitution. And so are many others, if today's papers/polls are to be believed.

Also tempted by the other pro-indy party, if it materialises, but I want both to give Mr Sarwar his chance and to wait until after Covid is long gone before we look again at independence. The economy (postBrexit, too) is too frail for any ither major changes ('shocks') right now.

1 hour ago, St-ow! said:

Absolutely scunnered with the SNP sleaze damaging our constitution. And so are many others, if today's papers/polls are to be believed.

This is why media studies is so important.

You've been taken in by reports of a poll with movement of about 1% since the previous poll. Anything under 3% on its own is not news at all.

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

This is why media studies is so important.

You've been taken in by reports of a poll with movement of about 1% since the previous poll. Anything under 3% on its own is not news at all.

It is funny that media studies is so derided given the state of the press in the country.

On 27/02/2021 at 14:14, Dawson Park Boy said:

Here in Scotland, we seem to have a terrible inferiority complex.

It seems to be that anyone who has done well in life has to be brought down to the lowest common denominator.

Complete opposite in the US where success and wealth is respected.

Surely, we should all be aspiring to send our kids to private school which, in most cases, are infinitely superior to the state system, especially in Scotland.

Regards Sarwar, I was always a bit suspicious as to how his father was able to ditch UK politics and suddenly become a big cheese in Pakistan. Not a labour supporter but I think I’d be a bit put off by divided loyalties. Seems like a professional politician with not much in the way of beliefs.

That's just about the last thing I would do. It's segregation and helps posh kids believe "the other" is "the enemy". Don't get me wrong, there's just as much of it on the other side and I'm no fan of grown ups hating kids for going to private school either. 

A young tubby looking Stormzy with the best leader Labour have ever had. I said I'd post this when I learned how to post pics... but beware if you are an opp and save it to meme me or for ammo or anything I'm under 16 in that picture.... c**t looks buzzing to meet me eh?

Also met the speaker at the time, good Scotsman, pretty sure he was a good Rangers man.

20200404_164641.jpg

20200404_164650.jpg

In case anyone is still in doubt over whether Iain Martin is, in fact, gammon-faced shitgibbon (cue red dot from the board's resident member of that particular tribe)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/greta-thunbergs-message-of-doom-is-religion-not-reality-rwmcpkmnw

Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 22.54.56.png

ETA

Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 22.59.26.png

Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 22.59.46.png

Edited by GordonS

4 hours ago, Arsenal till I die said:

That's just about the last thing I would do. It's segregation and helps posh kids believe "the other" is "the enemy". Don't get me wrong, there's just as much of it on the other side and I'm no fan of grown ups hating kids for going to private school either. 

It's funny, a lot of people who are against children being divided on denominational grounds have no problem dividing them on social class.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Sarwar on the radio this morning saying with a lot of hard work and some luck Scottish Labour may be able to come second in the elections.

Aim high, Anas, aim high.

To be fair that's realistic. 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Going by his comments about the suspended Aberdeen councillors, he intends on coming second by forming a coalition with the Tories.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56238614

The writing was on the wall when Baillie won the Deputy Leadership. Scottish Labour could've had Monica Lennon and Matt Kerr and chose Anas Sarwar and Jackie Baillie.. Can't imagine why no one takes their social justice and class rhetoric seriously!