What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

6 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Isn't she the arsehole that was shoving a microphone under the noses of parents who'd just lost their kids in some horrendous accident? An absolute cuntress, so obviously any and all episodes of her being publicly humiliated make for excellent viewing. 

She's the arsehole who was suspended by Sky for being secretly out on the razzle during lockdown.

On 24/05/2022 at 19:19, Suspect Device said:

I'm going to that. It's not the same date. Stewart Lee's on 23rd June.

He called me a c**t last time I saw him.

Edit. 22nd and 23rd.

First half was cracking, thought he maybe flagged the second but maybe that was my hip flask hitting. Enjoyed giving "aw" instead of laughs when he moaned about it. :lol: He's a very very funny man, worth travelling from Inverness during a train strike for..

Edited by welshbairn

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

First half was cracking, thought he maybe flagged the second but maybe that was my hip flask hitting. Enjoyed giving "aw" instead of laughs when he moaned about it. :lol: He's a very very funny man, worth travelling from Inverness during a train strike for..

Aye, the first half was better than the 2nd. He even seemed to be enjoying it. Unusual for him wis his usual deadpan delivery.  I do like the audience being blamed for a joke not working.  😃

First comedy I've seen in ages. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/26/jon-cruddas-labour-party-must-support-rail-workers-in-pay-dispute

Interesting article, also mentions poll where 36% of respondents said the rail workers should not have the right to strike.  Whilst shocking I’m pleasantly surprised it’s not more.  I’d like to see a demographic breakdown of that 36%.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/26/jon-cruddas-labour-party-must-support-rail-workers-in-pay-dispute

Interesting article, also mentions poll where 36% of respondents said the rail workers should not have the right to strike.  Whilst shocking I’m pleasantly surprised it’s not more.  I’d like to see a demographic breakdown of that 36%.

At 36% that'll be the base English Tory cohort and that numbers are enough to make them the default party in a first past the post Westminster context.

This is unlike Scotland where their base 20% gets them and will always get them, the square root of zero in Holyrood.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd predict sections as follows: c***s - 100%

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Has any party ever rejected defecting MPs? I'm sure it's happened but would be pretty rare. Any party would be mad not to accept the PR nightmare such defections provide for their opponents.

But 6 Tories who have backed everything Johnson said and done before he got caught. Scumbags, the lot of them.

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

And now six who won't be voting for them. Nobody would ever say "no, I'd rather you stayed behind to help my opponents".

I'd rather that than 6 right wing scumbags infect the party with their poison.