What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Abolition of toll bridges - meh.

Free prescriptions - meh.

No tuition fees - meh.

Life Of Brian levels of ignorance.

I was just stating the duration. 

Over the course of several years the SNP have been the only viable government for Scotland. The other parties are pretty poor in terms of their personnel, offerings and positions. 

Even now, Sarwar/Ross/Whoever the Lib Dem guy is/Greens don't inspire any confidence. 

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Abolition of toll bridges - meh.

Free prescriptions - meh.

No tuition fees - meh.

Life Of Brian levels of ignorance.

Useless c***s have even mitigated the bedroom tax and given public sector workers the best pay deal in the whole of the UK. 16 years of this economic wokery is enough.

2 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

and Its been nearly 10 years of meh under SNP now

I can only disagree. I can name half a dozen policies off the top of my head that have benefitted the citizens of Scotland in the last decade.

I would be hard pressed to name even one policy of the previous Labour/Lib Dem administration.

It's a game to them.

Starmer exemplifies this attitude. PMQ's is a "knockabout". He doesn't connect the real world effects of Tory rhetoric and policy. His comments on the two-child cap demonstrate this disconnect. He wants to decrease child poverty and uses the record of New Labour as his touchstone; yet ignores the fact that this was possible because of increased welfare funding and no cap being in place.

Unless you're a die-hard Tory (which you have every right to be, by the way), I cannot conceive the mind of anyone who would actually consider voting Labour. Especially those who claim to be politically on the left etc. 

It actually enrages me how disingenuous some of these British Labour MP's/MSP's are being.  

9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Vote Labour to Vote against Labour or something like that

https://twitter.com/RutherglenCLP/status/1687052635222749184?t=Jb4nUl69GFyFZtnmf7X0uA&s=19

“Our candidate, @mgshanks, opposes the two-child cap and bedroom tax.” 

Does that mean the next Labour government will repeal these?*

* this is a trick question.

A good laugh seeing drones like Shanks saying they don't agree with Labour policy before dutifully lining up to vote for it in Westminster after being elected.

A really good and healthy system we have.

12 hours ago, moses1924 said:

If you dont like tories and dont support independence you only have Labour or the Lib Dems so 

Yikes, that's a bizarre take.  

For all the same reasons that I detest the Tories, it precisely because of those that's why I wouldn't even *consider* voting UK Labour. 

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

As hilarious as that would be, it isn't going to happen.

Yep, Labour are strong favourites unfortunately (despite having nothing legitimate to campaign on). It will be an absolutely horrendous failure for them if they don't take the seat.