What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You realise if Westminster doesn’t provide the funds then the SG doesn’t have the wherewithal to pay the allowance?  You do realise that don’t you?

The SG is always able to make the wherewithal appear by magic. Doon the back of the sofa maybe ??

OAP's are very clearly not an SNP priority.

38 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The SG is always able to make the wherewithal appear by magic. Doon the back of the sofa maybe ??

You’re clearly not very bright.  Maybe all the forelock tugging has had an impact on the cranium.

18 hours ago, strichener said:

Are they still managing to give out baby boxes to everyone,.free bus travel to working age adults, free dentistry to working age adults? 

You do realise that the government make choices on where to spend their budget?  Could the Scottish Government pay pensioners a winter fuel payment - yes they could have.  Did they choose to prioritise other causes - yes they have.

Not to mention the middle class tax cut that is no tuition fees....

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Not to mention the middle class tax cut that is no tuition fees....

Nail on the head. Develop a manifesto based on policies they consider are of most benefit to the country - baby boxes, tuition fees etc - and then when voted in, implement those policies??  Pie in the sky stuff.

They should be developing a manifesto that simply says their policy is to react to and mitigate Westminster's excessive cuts. What other purpose is there for devolution and on reflection it seems to be the reason that Labour were so keen on pushing devolution through. 

Edited by Pocketman

35 minutes ago, Pocketman said:

Nail on the head. Develop a manifesto based on policies they consider are of most benefit to the country - baby boxes, tuition fees etc - and then when voted in, implement those policies??  Pie in the sky stuff.

They should be developing a manifesto that simply says their policy is to react to and mitigate Westminster's excessive cuts. What other purpose is there for devolution and on reflection it seems to be the reason that Labour were so keen on pushing devolution through. 

Apart from all those manifesto commitments that they haven't implemented.  Let's start with a Scottish Energy Company, scrapping Council tax, remove the burden of student debt, dualling of the A9, cut prison sizes, stop early release, 50p top rate of income tax, a legal right to treatment within 12 weeks etc. etc.  But never mind - baby boxes to all parents.  Woo hoo.

"No Austerity under Labour" was the now empty,pre election Battle cry of London Labour in Scotland .

All 37 London Labour MPs in Scotland dutifully fall into line behind Westminster and vote for the Cuts.

Quelle surprise !.

IMG-20240910-WA0001.jpg

Edited by I Clavdivs

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

"No Austerity under Labour" was the now empty,pre election Battle cry of London Labour in Scotland .

All 37 London Labour MPs in Scotland dutifully fall into line behind Westminster and vote for the Cuts.

Quelle surprise !.

IMG-20240910-WA0001.jpg

Standard.

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Standard.

This is an embarrassing admission, but I had no idea that Douglas Alexander was back in Parliament; back in government no less!

Maybe part of my brain blocked it out.  :(

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

This is an embarrassing admission, but I had no idea that Douglas Alexander was back in Parliament; back in government no less!

He’s the virgin’s virgin.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I genuinely forgot that he existed until he turned up on telly on election night.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Oh I knew where he was, but where is his strange sibling these days ?

Wendy now works for the Scottish Government: as Higher Education Trade & Investment Envoy (appointed by Keith Brown) and a member of the Strategic Board for Enterprise & Skill.

Also on various international quangos and VP of Dundee University.

Sir Benito Starmer talking about collaboration between unions and private businesses at the TUC. If unions actually gave a f**k about workers rights he’d have been chased out the building there and then. 

Edited by MazzyStar