Ties due to be played Wednesday 4th September 2024

Semi Finals:

Brora/Ross/Invergordon/Wick v Forres/Rothes/Fort/Lossie

Nairn/ICT/Clach/Strathspey v Golspie/Inv. Ath/Halkirk/St Duthus

Ties due to be played Wednesday 18th September 2024

FINAL

Due to be played October or Sunday 13th October 2024

Formatting nicked from Soupie on https://www.fitbanorth.com/index.php

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/holders-nairn-county-to-face-inverness-caledonian-thistle-in-354936/

Edited by welshbairn

• welshbairn changed the title to North of Scotland Cup 24/25
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I was sure I just had a conversation with my dad where my daughter had been drawing the teams for this so @welshbairn you confused me 🤣

Get her to pick one of the North Caley teams away for Clach next time please. Mind you, thank her for sparing us Brora for a change!

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Get her to pick one of the North Caley teams away for Clach next time please. Mind you, thank her for giving us Brora for a change!

Maybe isn't this cup as apparently it was numbers 1-8 🤣

• 1 month later...

Fort William have pulled out of the competition ahead of their first round draw v Lossiemouth on Wednesday. Had already been moved to Lossiemouth as Claggan Park's floodlights ain't working

2 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I can’t wait to see what team we’re able to muster up for this

I think it'll be all the boys who were on the bench on Saturday starting tonight.

5 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Marty MacKinnon remontada

Was speaking to a The Clach player yesterday and he reckons it's just an emergency loan for double M so it'll probably be Rebilas between the #sticks tonight.

Maybe worth a shout giving Diaba more game time he seemed shaky at times on Saturday. Looked like he needed more match fitness 

Playing Rebillas makes more sense then playing Mackinnon cause he'll obviously be sent back to Clach as soon as Newman is fit

MacKinnon is starting. I’m hoping the absence of Calum McLeod is that he’s starting against Kelty, although I’d be disappointed if this meant Strachan wasn’t starting that game.

IMG_8029.jpeg

Oh well... Nairn just simply wanted it more & they obviously had way more experience in the team. 

You could just tell some of the players just didn't care most the bench was up the tunnel minutes before full time.

The players that have actually been in n out of the 1st team certainly didn't impress tonight thought Calum Mackay was the best out of a bad bunch.

Posted (edited)

The scores are mental this season, totally unpredictable especially at the lower end. Clach could have lost 8 goals in the first very windy 15 minutes to Strathspey, but then grind out a 3-2 win. Rothes recover from being 0-2 down to Nairn to beat them 2-3 on Friday, then get pummeled 8-0 by Forres tonight, who got pumped 0-3 by Rothes on the opening game of the season. 

Screenshot_2024-08-22-00-09-02-177.thumb.jpeg.55f3c63fba0a447c412c2dc14651b197.jpeg

Lossiemouth got a bye because Fort William failed to get enough players registered in time, and trialists are verboten in this competition.

Edited by welshbairn

I dunno what cup competitions allow trialists, but the NOS Cup hasn’t in all the time I’ve known it to exist. Whatever issues there are with Comet didn’t stop smaller clubs like Halkirk, Invergordon, and Nairn County from organising themselves in time.  

Rumour has it Fort’s manager living in Dunfermline had more to do with them withdrawing. 

• 2 weeks later...