England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Posted (edited)

This England team is like Manchester United under Ole.

They rely on great organisation. Team spirit and individual moments of brilliance.

I have to say, though, very much like when Ole was in charge, that type of football can only take you so far.

Generally, the England fans don't deserve Gareth Southgate. 3 semi finals is insane.

He could win Euro 24, World Cup 26 then go and cure cancer and he would still be generally hated by England fans.

As a Scotland fan, I want him to leave ASAP.

Edited by Chripper

13 minutes ago, Chripper said:

They rely on great organisation. Team spirit and individual moments of brilliance.

I have to say, though, very much like when Ole was in charge, that type of football can only take you so far.

Generally, the England fans don't deserve Gareth Southgate. 4 semi finals in a row is insane.

He could win Euro 24, World Cup 26 then go and cure cancer and he would still be Glgenerally hated by England fans.

WTF

17 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Generally, the England fans don't deserve Gareth Southgate. 4 semi finals in a row is insane.

It's untrue, rather than insane.

He's currently on one in a row.  They exited the last tournament at the quarter final stage.

Posted (edited)

Also, gotta say that it puts our result with the Swiss into perspective.

We were within the width of a post and a Ralston mistake from all three points.

Edited by Chripper

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's untrue, rather than insane.

He's currently on one in a row.  They exited the last tournament at the quarter final stage.

Yep.

I edited it.

It was also 3 and not 4.

Edited by Chripper

They've gone further in tournaments while looking like they might actually win games, but they've been largely awful at this tournament.  The semi-final is shaping up to be which side can just be slightly less shit than the other, and it wouldn't surprise me if England do just that, and let the media talk about how they're clicking at the right time.

The final has the potential to be interesting (something has to be this tournament).  You'd imagine Spain should be there, and if they've gotten past France, you'd imagine they'd be licking their lips to go at England in a final.  But France just seem to have the knack of doing the absolute bare minimum and going through.  from then, they could either play like it's a World Cup final and pump whoever is in front of them like they did with Croatia (and threatened to do against Argentina) or play like it's a Euros final, and just not turn up.

If they fucking win this...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Anger management. Go on. Give it a try. 

Self awareness about your username. Try that first - or better still, delete your account.

Edited by vikingTON

32 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Generally, the England fans don't deserve Gareth Southgate. 3 semi finals is insane.

He could win Euro 24, World Cup 26 then go and cure cancer and he would still be generally hated by England fans.

It is very impressive that every single post I see of yours goes into the worst posts I’ve ever seen category.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, forameus said:

If they fucking win this...

They won't.

The luck will run out.

Southgate has made them hard to beat. Add luck to the mix. That can only take you so far.

Even if they beat the Netherlands, Spain or France will be too much.

Netherlands shouldn't be underestimated. Gakpo and Depay are starting to click into gear and then there's VVD at the back.

Edited by Chripper

Posted (edited)

Mayhem breaking out, down here.  Callers into the radio in the camp of either it is all about results vs the performances have been shocking.  Loss of logic, entitlement and realism all on display.  Clinton Morrison laying into a few folk is massively enjoyable, though.

Edited by Red Kite

The beauty of knockout football is that you do not need to win games to progress. You can draw your way to the trophy by winning on penalties.

Scotland would have been an excellent and much feared knockout side if they had made it this far.

This tournament has got all the hallmarks of Euro 2016.

The dogshit, boring team scraping through undeservedly every round from the dogshit part of the draw (England, and Portugal 2016) versus the fun, swashbuckling team from the hard part of the draw (Spain, and France in 2016). 😢

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Red Kite said:

Mayhem breaking out, down here.  Callers into the radio in the camp of either it is all about results vs the performances have been shocking.  Loss of logic, entitlement and realism all on display.  Clinton Morrison laying into a few folk is massively enjoyable, though.

Yep.

Gareth Southgate stopped short of calling England fans a bunch of spoilt, entitled, arrogant a-holes.

It's hard to argue with that.

They aren't happy to win, they also have to play like prime Brazil as they do so.

I do blame the media for that, though. They spend 24 months brainwashing the masses into thinking that the England players are all world class.

Then the manager and the media get it in the neck when they inevitably fail to live up to those impossible standards.

I've just looked at the favourites to succeed Southgate:

Graeme Potter then Eddie Howe.

I assume that the England fans would accept either?

These are two managers who have won 0 trophies between them.

It's total short term thinking. It's the same with the Scotland fans who want Steve Clarke to leave the Scotland job.

The grass is always greener on the other side with some people.

Graeme Potter! England would need Harry Potter to equal what Gareth Southgate has done.

Edited by Chripper

Sorry what? You are saying England can only achieve these amazing incredible results by erm having Southgate as manager?

Serbia 1-0

Denmark 1-1

Slovenia 0-0

Switzerland 1-1

Any time England play a nation of their quality under Southgate they lose.  He's an atrocious manager. Absolutely terrible.

Posted (edited)

Really? Any time? They beat Belgium (11.10.20), Croatia 13.06.21), Germany (29.06.21), Italy (23.03.23), Italy (17.10.23)

2nd all time Win percentage would suggest different.

Also, contrary to popular belief, this England squad is weaker than England squads under previous managers.

(Stats before the Euros)

Southgate:

matches: 91 Win percentage: 63%

Capello:

Games: 42 Win percentage: 67%

Edited by Chripper