England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Netherlands 🇳🇱

throbber

5 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Mine is fostered by the knowledge that every single English game I watch from Sunday, would have a discussion before about the Euro winning team, be mentioned constantly in commentary, close-ups of Euro winning players etc. You won’t be able to watch it without constant mention for a long time.

You saw how it was with the Lionesses when they won, and they didn’t give a f**k about them till they won something. 

And can they win the world cup and are they the favourites for the world cup 

She said the Scotland one should have been a penalty. And gave her personal opinion that the Denmark “handball” vs Germany shouldn’t be a handball - but the directive to refs is that it they should be giving them.

It’s not much but it’s better than the wastes of airtime you get on Sky or BT who’ve never dissented once in their lives.

48 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

She said the Scotland one should have been a penalty. And gave her personal opinion that the Denmark “handball” vs Germany shouldn’t be a handball - but the directive to refs is that it they should be giving them.

It’s not much but it’s better than the wastes of airtime you get on Sky or BT who’ve never dissented once in their lives.

It's a terrible feature and should never be repeated 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't remember her offering any insight to date other than to justify why VAR had / had not intervened, and certainly can't remember her being even the slightest bit critical of anything.

She said she was surprised the ref was being sent over as it wasn’t clear and obvious error and her preferred recommendation was for it not to be a penalty. 

6 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Mine is fostered by the knowledge that every single English game I watch from Sunday, would have a discussion before about the Euro winning team, be mentioned constantly in commentary, close-ups of Euro winning players etc. You won’t be able to watch it without constant mention for a long time.

You saw how it was with the Lionesses when they won, and they didn’t give a f**k about them till they won something. 

I suppose it will finally allow them to move on from endless references to The Hand of God though.

Spoiler

Nah, it probably won't.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I suppose it will finally allow them to move on from endless references to The Hand of God though.

Hide contents

Nah, it probably won't.

There are better ways for them to move on. 

Like an even more heinous offence committed in the lead up to an even more controversial goal, in a final for example.

You have it the wrong way round. The way to move on is to have something much worse happen to them

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

She said she was surprised the ref was being sent over as it wasn’t clear and obvious error and her preferred recommendation was for it not to be a penalty. 

Some expert then.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There are better ways for them to move on. 

Like an even more heinous offence committed in the lead up to an even more controversial goal, in a final for example.

You have it the wrong way round. The way to move on is to have something much worse happen to them

The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films