Premier Suite: the EOS Premier Division 2024-25

1 hour ago, Dunipace FC said:

We've had 5/6 boys who walk into our starting XI missing. Three were back today and the difference was very clear. Hopefully we can kick on now.

What were your thoughts on the refereeing today? Good, bad, indifferent, neutral, fair to one-side or another.

Also, were Dunipace worthy of the victory or not? 

cheers

9 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

What were your thoughts on the refereeing today? Good, bad, indifferent, neutral, fair to one-side or another.

Also, were Dunipace worthy of the victory or not? 

cheers

It was ok. Got the big calls right but maybe let some of the niggly stuff go a bit too much and let to one or two overly-physical challenges (on both sides)

Think we were worthy of the win after coming through the opening 20-25 minutes with it still level. Had Musselburgh got in front and kept their lead for a bit to settle into the game, I think they would have at least got a point.

Thought Dunipace were well worth the win yesterday and more like the normal Pace team with a few key players back.

Great to put a full stop on three bad performances and results, we didn’t do ourselves any justice at Penicuick and Jeanfield, with a handful of critical first team players out we struggled.

Any team at this level will miss that amount of starters out of the first 11.

Yesterday we played really well, 2 absolutely atrocious goals to give away we did very well to get back in front and some great defending in the last 10 mins helped seal the three points.

Have to say the decision from Musselburgh not to give the ball back to Pace after we put it out so a player could get treatment was pretty poor but he-ho everyone to their own I suppose but I wouldn’t want my team to resort to that level of shithousery!

2 out of 2 at Westfield, nobody will get any easy game in Denny.

Mon the Pace.

3 hours ago, Mon the Pace said:

Thought Dunipace were well worth the win yesterday and more like the normal Pace team with a few key players back.

Great to put a full stop on three bad performances and results, we didn’t do ourselves any justice at Penicuick and Jeanfield, with a handful of critical first team players out we struggled.

Any team at this level will miss that amount of starters out of the first 11.

Yesterday we played really well, 2 absolutely atrocious goals to give away we did very well to get back in front and some great defending in the last 10 mins helped seal the three points.

Have to say the decision from Musselburgh not to give the ball back to Pace after we put it out so a player could get treatment was pretty poor but he-ho everyone to their own I suppose but I wouldn’t want my team to resort to that level of shithousery!

2 out of 2 at Westfield, nobody will get any easy game in Denny.

Mon the Pace.

Watched the highlights and they didn’t show the matter you refer to at the end. So what was the incident? 

Burgh keeper had a couple of good saves in the 2nd half. Good win against a good team👍

Pace defender went down injured in the box, Pace goalie played the ball out so the physio could come on, ball went out 20 yards from the box.

Instead of giving Pace the ball back, they launched it into the box, a touch desperate, but they probably thought it would be an easy 3 points given the last 3 Pace results?

A really good performance and win, once we get all our first team players fit in the next few weeks, we will be in a much healthier position to give anyone a game, especially at Westfield.

28 minutes ago, Mon the Pace said:

Pace defender went down injured in the box, Pace goalie played the ball out so the physio could come on, ball went out 20 yards from the box.

Instead of giving Pace the ball back, they launched it into the box, a touch desperate, but they probably thought it would be an easy 3 points given the last 3 Pace results?

A really good performance and win, once we get all our first team players fit in the next few weeks, we will be in a much healthier position to give anyone a game, especially at Westfield.

Actually really concerned in regards to the comments about once we get all our first team players back. I'm sure every team in league would love to have their 1st pick XI  available every week. Isn't that what having a squad is all about? Or is there a hint that the players In squad aren't good enough?? Time will tell I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Rubikscube said:

Actually really concerned in regards to the comments about once we get all our first team players back. I'm sure every team in league would love to have their 1st pick XI  available every week. Isn't that what having a squad is all about? Or is there a hint that the players In squad aren't good enough?? Time will tell I suppose. 

Why are you really concerned?

Fairly standard thing to say that the team will be better once a stronger line up is available.

2 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

I don't think it's unfair to say that as one of the newly-promoted teams and, likely, one of the smallest budgets in the division having everyone available is key. Think there's also a bit of context to recent games in that we've had one of the best teams in the league last season in Jeanfield, away from home, and missing 5-6 starters while Penicuik was just pretty poor.

Going into the season, I think if we'd said we'd come away with six points from twelve, everyone would've been pretty happy. We're still a long way from the finished article, but it's a decent enough start to our first season at this level.

33 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Why are you really concerned?

Fairly standard thing to say that the team will be better once a stronger line up is available.

Did you actually read all the comment or just the parts you wanted to read?. As for being concerned? Has it got anything to do with you? Asking for a friend 

2 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Did you actually read all the comment or just the parts you wanted to read?. As for being concerned? Has it got anything to do with you? Asking for a friend 

What an absolute arsehole of a post.

15 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Think the official Dunipace account answered the question really well.

we don’t have a big budget comparatively speaking for the premier league, we have a decent core of 15/16 players for this level, and we are still finding our feet a bit.

Hopefully we will be a top half of the table team, that would be an excellent first season for us.

Mon the Pace

1 minute ago, Mon the Pace said:

Think the official Dunipace account answered the question really well.

we don’t have a big budget comparatively speaking for the premier league, we have a decent core of 15/16 players for this level, and we are still finding our feet a bit.

Hopefully we will be a top half of the table team, that would be an excellent first season for us.

Mon the Pace

Thanks for you're thoughts and reply , good luck for the rest of season , wish you all the best. 👍

Whitburn 1 Penicuik 2

Turned into a really good game... 3 goals, saved penalty, a silly sending off and countless bookings from a ref that was.... consistent(?)

Whitburn scored so early, I didn't have my cuppa from the pie hut! Remainder of first half was quite scrappy and lacked some quality. Whitburn were marginally better, but Penicuik created better chances forcing the keeper into 2 good saves. 

2nd half saw Penicuik look much better, but Whitburn still looked dangerous too. Equaliser came with a well hit shot from outside box, but keeper should have done much better. Bookings started coming thick and fast and in between them all, Penicuik got in front. A good finish, but looked offside to me as the striker raced through. Penicuik had a chance to kill the game from the penalty spot... but a poor hit was comfortably saved.

Whitburn went down to 10 men, after an IQ fail from the captain. After just being booked... and having watched several players be booked for kicking the ball away... he kicked the ball away!

Whitburn tried to throw everything forward they could and managed to hit the post, but Penicuik looked to hit them on the break at every opportunity. 

After 8 minutes of stoppage time, the ref blew final whistle. Wasn't the highest quality game, but still good entertainment. On the 2nd half showing, Penicuik probably just about deserved the win, but Whitburn will be disappointed to have not got a point.