Highland League 2024-25

I'd go for a close battle between Banks o Dee and Brechin but you can't rule out Fraserburgh spoiling the party. I doubt Buckie will be in the mix this season.

Banks O' Dee and Brechin are the only teams in the league to hold the relevant licence to enable them to take part in the play off at the end of the season.

I think Brechin will win the league

6 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

Banks O' Dee and Brechin are the only teams in the league to hold the relevant licence to enable them to take part in the play off at the end of the season.

Any other club could apply to the SPFL for a waiver to still take part and potentially get promoted.

30 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

I think Brechin will win the league

first part holds no relevance to the actual question.

Think Brora are dark horses. Fraserburgh, Brechin, BOD and Formartine in the running. The bottom teams appear stronger so could be close with a few surprise results along the way.

No bookies are taking bets on league champions anymore, not after losing a bundle on Brora being given it after 3 games during Covid. Same with the Lowland League having B-teams skewing the field.

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No bookies are taking bets on league champions anymore, not after losing a bundle on Brora being given it after 3 games during Covid. Same with the Lowland League having B-teams skewing the field.

How did that work then? I'd have thought there would have been a lot more money on Breach and the others in total than on Brora.

2 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

How did that work then? I'd have thought there would have been a lot more money on Breach and the others in total than on Brora.

It was before Brechin got demoted and Brora were favourites. 

Went to the Buckie game at Stenny on Saturday. Based on that alone, I'd say they will be a mile off it this year. 

Stenny are decent and should be looking forward to their Year in Div 1 after going up, but Buckie looked like a team who'd just met each other tbh...

See it's reported Deveronvale - and also Fort William in NCL? - will be operating without floodlights this season. 'Vale haven't had working lights since late last year. Is this true and if so - how is that compatible with their club licensing and Scottish Cup participations?

Berwick have just been upgrading our lights and I'm aware of a club in EOSL First Division who have accrued considerable costs completing repairs in time for start of season.

Also won't 'Vale have to play midweek games?

P&J article but it's behind a paywall. Keen northerners may know more. 

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

See it's reported Deveronvale - and also Fort William in NCL? - will be operating without floodlights this season. 'Vale haven't had working lights since late last year. Is this true and if so - how is that compatible with their club licensing and Scottish Cup participations?

Berwick have just been upgrading our lights and I'm aware of a club in EOSL First Division who have accrued considerable costs completing repairs in time for start of season.

Also won't 'Vale have to play midweek games?

P&J article but it's behind a paywall. Keen northerners may know more. 

: Deveronvale given green light to keep playing at Princess Royal Park

The Banffers have been without floodlights since December.

by Callum Law
July 11 2024, 10:01 pm
Deveronvale will be able to use Princess Royal Park this season.
Deveronvale will be able to use Princess Royal Park this season.

Deveronvale have been given the go-ahead to continue playing at Princess Royal Park this season.

The Banffers have been without floodlights at their ground since December after one of their pylons blew down.

With new floodlights still to be installed there had been concern Deveronvale may have had to play elsewhere.

However, at a meeting of all 18 Breedon Highland League clubs on Thursday night the unanimous decision was taken to allow Vale to continue playing at home when the season gets under way later this month.

At present for Saturday games there is enough daylight to play matches without the need for floodlights.

Deveronvale chairman Aaron Lorimer revealed they hope to have new lights installed for the winter months.

Garry-Wood_New-Manager_Deveronvale-FC_8M
Deveronvale chairman Aaron Lorimer.

He said: “I’d like to thank all the Highland League clubs for reaching the decision they have.

“I also wish to thank Inverurie Locos chairman Mike Macaulay and Turriff United chairman Gairn Ritchie for offering us the use of their facilities should we need it.

“We hope to have new floodlights by the time they’re needed in November.

“At the moment there is no grant funding available to us so we are still trying to get the funding in place, but we’re working hard to get that in place.”

On 10/07/2024 at 10:09, SouthsideFC said:

Who is winning the league this year?

We are.

Nah seriously think we will be fighting to stay up. Not sure if Clach and Strathspey have improved if so then we will definitely be in relegation battle going by what I’ve seen in friendly matches. Hope I’m proved totally wrong, hope the new striker we have signed can bang them in for us and get us further up the table, will see.

31 minutes ago, Vale Vale Vale said:

We are.

Nah seriously think we will be fighting to stay up. Not sure if Clach and Strathspey have improved if so then we will definitely be in relegation battle going by what I’ve seen in friendly matches. Hope I’m proved totally wrong, hope the new striker we have signed can bang them in for us and get us further up the table, will see.

Think Strathspey have signed a lot of players from Loch Ness now that their North Caley team has folded, I imagine they'll be improved 

Defo nervous about the coming season.......Strathy hav signed players that will improve them greatly. 

Defo think Lochee United will win the Midland league too.

Can only hope the guys we've signed see us through and we keep our SHFL status.

New floodlights hopefully up in PRP,sometime before November. 

Mon the Valley ❤️🤍🖤

Edited by Dav nan Gael