Highland League 2024-25

The CEO ain’t been there much longer than the two he’s just fired, so any expectations he’s got for the club are wildly unrealistic. 

Bobby Boucher and Ronnie Sharp have been canned to make way for Ryan Esson. 

Lochee United (or Tayport) need to get their act together on the pitch and flush this mob back to tier 6.  I have no idea what league they'd join, presumably the North Juniors where they came from.  Although 99% of their players are from Inverness I believe, so perhaps they'd opt for the North Caley.

13 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Ryan Esson the new manager of Strathspey with Aaron Doran signing as a player/coach.

Is Doran no just injury ridden now? Shame as he was some player at his best.

19 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Is Doran no just injury ridden now? Shame as he was some player at his best.

Yeah did his ACL in a game against Raith at the end of last season. I think that is the third time it has happened.

He was finished at Championship level but he should still be class in the highland league, if he gets fit enough.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah did his ACL in a game against Raith at the end of last season. I think that is the third time it has happened.

He was finished at Championship level but he should still be class in the highland league, if he gets fit enough.

They thought the same about Tokely but he just kicked and punched everyone as his pace left him. 

On 14/08/2024 at 20:35, Stag Nation said:

CEO of Strathspey Thistle? What does he do for the rest of the week?

I think he is the Managing Director of McKellor Engineering

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

They thought the same about Tokely but he just kicked and punched everyone as his pace left him. 

Tokely always did that.

Wildly unexpected win for Rothes last night after Nairn went 2-0 up, apparently ex Clach and. Strathspey player Ross Logan ran them ragged. Ended 2-3, Tokely must have gone mental.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wildly unexpected win for Rothes last night after Nairn went 2-0 up, apparently ex Clach and. Strathspey player Ross Logan ran them ragged. Ended 2-3, Tokely must have gone mental.

Oh to be a fly in that changing room. 

Rothes were excellent in the second half. The big number 8, signed yesterday morning I believe, was running the show. 

With that said, Nairn were awful.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This guy? Wonder what his day job is to take him over from Canada.

Screenshot_2024-08-17-10-27-59-139.thumb.jpeg.cbea7c2819e94dd12915a8bc9f7d90c4.jpeg

That’s the laddie. Took the piss in the second half.

It is indeed. Our former left back and right back from the 3rd to 1st Division days facing off last night. 

28 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Loving this Vale side this season......0-2 down and we haul Strathy Jags back and a last minute winner to boot 😍

Booked a caravan in Portknockie for Clach's visit in a fortnight, should be interesting to see who's improved most from barely out pointing Strathspey last season. Got Strathspey in the North Cup on Wednesday, they're a bit of a bogey team for us.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Booked a caravan in Portknockie for Clach's visit in a fortnight, should be interesting to see who's improved most from barely out pointing Strathspey last season. Got Strathspey in the North Cup on Wednesday, they're a bit of a bogey team for us.

Enjoy WB,well apart from the result hopefully lol.

Yeah big turnaround for both Vale and Clach this season, which I'm pleased about.

Like Clachnacuddin as a club,enjoy my visits there and you guys are top notch 😊