Bushey crossbow murders

I’m surprised @ICTChris hasn’t started a thread about this yet but it is a truly awful case where a 26 year old man has murdered the wife and both daughters of BBC radio presenter John Hunt.

Has any other p and b poster had their  entire families murdered by a crossbow yielding maniac?

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It happened near the Golden Pheasant.

Maybe they thought I was a Golden Pheasant. 

That's where I met my (ex)wife. 

Could've been me. 

Thankfully police have caught the main suspect. I’m sure his motivation will come out in time, doesn’t take a genius to work out what likely happened.

I once went deer stalking with a crossbow and it was a surprisingly great day out. As the light started to fade, I actually got one with a beauty of a shot to it's chest and, I have to say, watching as the life slowly drains from a fallen creature's eyes is a truly thrilling experience.

The behavior of this Kyle Clifford character is seriously unbecoming, however. 

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Thankfully police have caught the main suspect. I’m sure his motivation will come out in time, doesn’t take a genius to work out what likely happened.

Without looking very hard one of the daughters was posting last week about how she admired any woman who left a relationship etc so it’s not particularly difficult to piece this one together. Absolutely awful stuff.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Without looking very hard one of the daughters was posting last week about how she admired any woman who left a relationship etc so it’s not particularly difficult to piece this one together. Absolutely awful stuff.

I saw the story and thought it would be some nutty ex-partner. Gold medal for me.

I’ve always fancied a crossbow. The weapon of choice for nutters who don’t like axes.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I saw the story and thought it would be some nutty ex-partner. Gold medal for me.

I’ve always fancied a crossbow. The weapon of choice for nutters who don’t like axes.

I don’t think it’s much of a shock to find it was an abusive ex. 

It’s a brutal weapon, very old school. I wonder if he pulled the arrows out of his victims or just left them inside.

As a regular horse racing gambler, John Hunt's voice as commentator (an excellent one I might add) is familiar to me.

On a personal level, quite how someone begins to overcome something so tragic like that happening to their family is utterly beyond my comprehension.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s a brutal weapon, very old school. I wonder if he pulled the arrows out of his victims or just left them inside.

If it's anything like my son's crossbow set he got for Christmas there will have been 3 arrows so no need to remove them.  Unless he lost one of them like my son did. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Based solely on seeing Daryl's approach in "The Walking Dead", I'm guessing the former.

Very old school.

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

33 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If it's anything like my son's crossbow set he got for Christmas there will have been 3 arrows so no need to remove them.  Unless he lost one of them like my son did. 

This is a disgraceful conversation. 

Crossbows fire bolts, not arrows. 

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As a regular horse racing gambler, John Hunt's voice as commentator (an excellent one I might add) is familiar to me.

On a personal level, quite how someone begins to overcome something so tragic like that happening to their family is utterly beyond my comprehension.

I did think that too. Your whole family is wiped out by some nutter. How do you deal with that?