Lanarkshire vs Lancashire

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

A distinct lack of flat caps, whippets and rugby league in Lanarkshire.

Lanarkshire 0 Lancashire 2

St Mirren to represent Renfrewshire and play the winner in the second qualifying round of the UEFA intertoto Conference Whogivesafcuk Diddy League.

9 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Come back tomorrow for Walsall vs Warsaw

Then Pettigo v Paris.

This could run and run...

I'm in Manchester right now and I'm from Lanarkshire, so I'll christen myself the resident expert on this thread. 

The burds in Manchester (cannot comment on the more tinky outposts like Burnley) are superb, whereas Lanarkshire lassies either look like extras in a George Romero film or have the hourglass figure of Jupiter. 

Lanarkshire isn't filled with Brexity little Englander types, but loses points due to the aforementioned sectarian delineations. Carluke and Larkhall seriously bringing us down on that score. Lancashire also has better pubs. 

Lanarkshire (pronounced "lahn-aik-shur") isn't as far away from the Sparkling Silver Metropolis though, so it wins in a split decision. 

Edited by velo army

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Lancashire: lost the War of the Roses to Yorkshire

Lanarkshire: didn't

The RAF had the Lancaster bomber. Parts of Lanarkshire look like they've been bombed. 

Didn't Lancashire win the WotR?it was Richard of York who ended up brown bread at bosworth field

Edited by highlandmac

1 hour ago, highlandmac said:

Didn't Lancashire win the WotR?it was Richard of York who ended up brown bread at bosworth field

York won, then some Welsh chap came along later.

7 hours ago, velo army said:

I'm in Manchester right now and I'm from Lanarkshire, so I'll christen myself the resident expert on this thread. 

The burds in Manchester (cannot comment on the more tinky outposts like Burnley) are superb, whereas Lanarkshire lassies either look like extras in a George Romero film or have the hourglass figure of Jupiter. 

Lanarkshire isn't filled with Brexity little Englander types, but loses points due to the aforementioned sectarian delineations. Carluke and Larkhall seriously bringing us down on that score. Lancashire also has better pubs. 

Lanarkshire (pronounced "lahn-aik-shur") isn't as far away from the Sparkling Silver Metropolis though, so it wins in a split decision. 

Manchester isn't even in Lancashite.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Lancashire: lost the War of the Roses to Yorkshire

Lanarkshire: didn't

The RAF had the Lancaster bomber. Parts of Lanarkshire look like they've been bombed. 

Spitfire wings were made in Airdrie. The Battle of Britain might have been different if the locals hadn't been so industrious.

On 14/07/2024 at 06:18, carpetmonster said:

Burnley did manage to elect a couple of BNP councillors at one point tho, so I’d call it a dishonorable draw. I lived in Bolton for a bit, it’s nice enough. 

I lived in Farnworth then Horwich for a while - nice is not the 1st adjective that springs to mind. Compared to Burnley though, aye. 

15 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Manchester isn't even in Lancashire.

Manchester was part of Lancashire and so was Liverpool.

Upper Lancashire included Barrow in Furness, Ulverston (birthplace of Stan Laurel and also the modern kilt) and Hawkshead (on Lake Windermere).

The county had a larger population than Scotland.

That all changed in 1974.

On the same note, Glasgow was part of Lanarksire.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Manchester was part of Lancashire and so was Liverpool.

Upper Lancashire included Barrow in Furness, Ulverston (birthplace of Stan Laurel and also the modern kilt) and Hawkshead (on Lake Windermere).

The county had a larger population than Scotland.

That all changed in 1974.

On the same note, Glasgow was part of Lanarksire.

So what are Manchester and Liverpool part of now?I just assumed they were still lancashire

1 minute ago, highlandmac said:

So what are Manchester and Liverpool part of now?I just assumed they were still lancashire

Manchester is part of Greater Manchester and Liverpool is part of Merseyside.

Similar to how Lochaber was part of Inverness-shire but that never gets mentioned anymore.

29 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Manchester is part of Greater Manchester and Liverpool is part of Merseyside.

Similar to how Lochaber was part of Inverness-shire but that never gets mentioned anymore.

Lochaber no more?