England's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be England's next permanent manager?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

They will fall again into the old trap of getting the big name, successful club manager.  They need a "name".

Southgate was an unusual appointment in this regard, and he has been their least unsuccessful manager in my lifetime. Yes, he was jammy. But on the flip side his players are mostly loser EPL dugshite. Compare what he had to work with with, say, the mid-2000s team, they are far lower quality player for player.

They'll try a Klopp, Mourinho or someone when Carsley would be better.

They'll be getting Yogi.

Shree Lions on eh Shirt.

Just now, scottsdad said:

They better bloody not. 

Who would I vote for in various polls?

Guid oanest Fawkirk laddie wid ken.

I'm delighted that Southgate has resigned as he's gotten too close to winning a trophy.

Jamie Carragher nailed it on the head yesterday when he asked "Who would want the job?"

Gareth Southgate reached one quarter final, one semi and two finals.

The above has been viewed as failure by the mass majority of England fans.

The next manager will be required to win a trophy to be seen as a success. That's a massive amount of entitlement and arrogance by the English fans.

Looking at all the stats of the Euro 24 final, England were battered by all metrics. Possession, Spain had 63%, England had 37%. England had 81% pass success rate, Spain had 91%, Spain attempted 544 passes, England with 303. England had 19 passes in the three final 3rd, Spain had 6.

The aforementioned isn't a Gareth Southgate issue. Its a player issue.

it's a fact that England players just are not good enough on the ball.

Their Euro 24 central midfield is a water carrier (Rice) and a player who has just finished his debut senior season (Mainoo). Compare that to Spain who have the best 6 in the world and Fabian Ruiz who was absolutely sensation.

England are a gift that keep on giving.

In the next few years this will a lesson of "Be careful of what you wish for".

The England fans wanted this. If they think the next England manager is going to win trophies in prime Brazil fashion, they're wrong.

It'll be amusing to see what happens next.

17 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm delighted that Southgate has resigned as he's gotten too close to winning a trophy.

Jamie Carragher nailed it on the head yesterday when he asked "Who would want the job?"

Gareth Southgate reached one quarter final, one semi and two finals.

The above has been viewed as failure by the mass majority of England fans.

The next manager will be required to win a trophy to be seen as a success. That's a massive amount of entitlement and arrogance by the English fans.

Looking at all the stats of the Euro 24 final, England were battered by all metrics. Possession, Spain had 63%, England had 37%. England had 81% pass success rate, Spain had 91%, Spain attempted 544 passes, England with 303. England had 19 passes in the three final 3rd, Spain had 6.

The aforementioned isn't a Gareth Southgate issue. Its a player issue.

it's a fact that England players just are not good enough on the ball.

Their Euro 24 central midfield is a water carrier (Rice) and a player who has just finished his debut senior season (Mainoo). Compare that to Spain who have the best 6 in the world and Fabian Ruiz who was absolutely sensation.

England are a gift that keep on giving.

In the next few years this will a lesson of "Be careful of what you wish for".

The England fans wanted this. If they think the next England manager is going to win trophies in prime Brazil fashion, they're wrong.

It'll be amusing to see what happens next.

Tbf mate we dont need an essay about how shite England are.

Has Eddie Howe had success in a job where he wasn’t spending loads on players? Even his Bournemouth team broke financial rules getting out the EFL.

Not saying he’s shite but I don’t think he’s the level English media hype him up to be. I think he’d fail if he was England manager so I hope they go for him.

image.png.1b7acfcd5c1e425fae973c4936d3cf62.png

"I'm not a racist, some of my best managerial wishlist choices for the England job are practically English!"

edit: lol i hadnt scrolled to the bottom

image.png.0c5f9f6dc2cf74066ad63f68451234e9.png

Sir Richard of Keyes is amazing.

image.png.51515255b704117a0f5f46da5878b22c.png

image.png.d1f85dd9043d8a91b39897e8248e0d03.png

image.png.f3fcb26d7243fff08f32b9910c867285.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Plus, one of the biggest issue facing England is that they've always been blessed with a world class striker being replaced by a world class striker:

Lineker -> Shearer-> Owen -> Rooney -> Kane.

Now there's no one. It should've been Mason Greenwood. But because of outside reasons, it won't be.

Plus, if recent reports are to be believed about Bellingham (which I can believe), he's going to be a nightmare to deal with and get under control.

The FA are obviously not scared of going down the forrin route. Although both times they went for someone with no connection or experience of English football.

I wonder if the likes of Guardiola and Klopp would be put off, already knowing the batshit crazy nature of the media.

Sir Nigel Cardigan was an internal promotion and I reckon they might follow that by appointing Carsley.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

They'll try a Klopp, Mourinho or someone when Carsley would be better.

An elite manager would have been able to set up England tactically to beat Spain. Maybe Carsley could do that, but Klopp or mourinho certainly could.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

An elite manager would have been able to set up England tactically to beat Spain. Maybe Carsley could do that, but Klopp or mourinho certainly could.

They have had elite managers and they have all been pish.

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

image.png.1b7acfcd5c1e425fae973c4936d3cf62.png

"I'm not a racist, some of my best managerial wishlist choices for the England job are practically English!"

edit: lol i hadnt scrolled to the bottom

image.png.0c5f9f6dc2cf74066ad63f68451234e9.png

Sir Richard of Keyes is amazing.

image.png.51515255b704117a0f5f46da5878b22c.png

image.png.d1f85dd9043d8a91b39897e8248e0d03.png

image.png.f3fcb26d7243fff08f32b9910c867285.png

“If I had my way I’d camp in the grounds of Klopp’s Mallorca mansion until he said ‘yes’” isn’t a creepy comment at all….

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

The FA are obviously not scared of going down the forrin route. Although both times they went for someone with no connection or experience of English football.

Why is/was that important?

They'll be playing Spain or Brazil, not Ipswich Town.

Any English person thinking it might be Klopp is deluding themeselves. He is in the prime of his managerial career and has the pick of pretty much any club job in the world. Then you have the LIverpool/England stuff and him being German

I imagine it will be Carsley for a fairly uninspiring few years before the pressure builds to get in a bigger name before Euro 2028.