Scottish Cup Draws

2 hours ago, the tin man said:

What kind of Support will Irvine Meadow bring to the Pennypit 

The talbot brought some Support 

I would guess between 70-100 perhaps...

This thread has been a tough read.

Carluke to Golspie - 230 mile one-way. The stuff dreams are made of. Be great if Carluke don't forfeit any of their cup ties this season, mind you.

Cupar Hearts, as someone previously mentioned, played all their games away last season. I envisage they'll play it at Newburgh, Kennoway or St Andrew's. I also envisage that they will annihilate Wigtown & Bladnoch.

Interesting to see the two teams that we beat in last years competition have been drawn against each other.

Am I right in saying Holm Park is an artificial pitch? What sort of crowd would Clydebank expect?

42 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Interesting to see the two teams that we beat in last years competition have been drawn against each other.

Am I right in saying Holm Park is an artificial pitch? What sort of crowd would Clydebank expect?

Yes we play on the devils carpets. We dont have that links climate for real grass. Id say for a Scottish Cup game, if the weather is good we’d expect 800-1000, but we are a massive club. 

2 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

This thread has been a tough read.

Carluke to Golspie - 230 mile one-way. The stuff dreams are made of. Be great if Carluke don't forfeit any of their cup ties this season, mind you.

Cupar Hearts, as someone previously mentioned, played all their games away last season. I envisage they'll play it at Newburgh, Kennoway or St Andrew's. I also envisage that they will annihilate Wigtown & Bladnoch.

Look, we all know and accept most teams south of civilisation are not as good as ....

But, does it need mentioned in every post, especially W&B who are a wee friendly club in a quiet nook of the county. Giving local boys the opportunity to play some football. 😇😇😇😇

Right, been waiting for an opportunity to have a wee rant.

A lot is made of the lack of quality in the SOSFL and particularly W&B.

A lot is made about history, tradition and so on from our ex-junior cousins. (Especiaaly bleating on about the SJC)😉😉Well, clubs like W&B, St.Cuthberts, Dalbeattie, Newton Stewart etc, have been playing this wee game since the 19th century and been in the Scottish Cup; qualifying and proper cups since its inception. Everyone's favorite easy target defeated Montrose in 1952 I think it was in the 1st Round of the Scottish then lost to Dundee who got to the final at the very minimum

Most posters on here pre-WOSFL didn't give a shiny right ear about the Scottish. But, now they are all concerned about the integrity of it and these clubs who are stinking it out must be cleared out so that only proper clubs from the Central Belt are contesting these early rounds.

Tradition, history, etc, etc, doesn't belong exclusively to your clubs.

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes we play on the devils carpets. We dont have that links climate for real grass. Id say for a Scottish Cup game, if the weather is good we’d expect 800-1000, but we are a massive club. 

Thanks. I’m looking forward to paying my first visit to the Bankies. It’ll be great to mark another ground off my list

Hopefully we can put up a decent fight. I think playing Gartcairn two weeks earlier will give us an indication of where we stand.

8 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Look, we all know and accept most teams south of civilisation are not as good as ....

But, does it need mentioned in every post, especially W&B who are a wee friendly club in a quiet nook of the county. Giving local boys the opportunity to play some football. 😇😇😇😇

A lot is made about history, tradition and so on from our ex-junior cousins. (Especiaaly bleating on about the SJC)😉😉Well, clubs like W&B, St.Cuthberts, Dalbeattie, Newton Stewart etc, have been playing this wee game since the 19th century and been in the Scottish Cup; qualifying and proper cups since its inception. Everyone's favorite easy target defeated Montrose in 1952 I think it was in the 1st Round of the Scottish then lost to Dundee who got to the final at the very minimum

Most posters on here pre-WOSFL didn't give a shiny right ear about the Scottish. But, now they are all concerned about the integrity of it and these clubs who are stinking it out must be cleared out so that only proper clubs from the Central Belt are contesting these early rounds.

It's good that Craiglang Auld Team have been drawn away at least. 

15 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Thanks. I’m looking forward to paying my first visit to the Bankies. It’ll be great to mark another ground off my list

Hopefully we can put up a decent fight. I think playing Gartcairn two weeks earlier will give us an indication of where we stand.

Im sure it’ll be a very decent test for each team. 

20 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Sorry to see you're having a bad day, mate.

In all seriousness, I have no qualms with the SoSFL, and you'll notice by my posts that I have more interest in amateur football than the WoS; however, I'll not take your reply too personally. It was merely an observation. An observation, which, if I'm wrong, I'd be over the moon for W&B, because it would be an incredible result for them.

For what it's worth, too, and as an aside... I was sad to see St Cuthbert's decline following the play-off promotion round they reached a few years back. I think you give a good view on SoS teams. I'm a big advocate of the league and the teams within, especially being acutely aware of the geographical constraints.

Anyway, I hope your day gets better 🤣

52 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

Sorry to see you're having a bad day, mate.

In all seriousness, I have no qualms with the SoSFL, and you'll notice by my posts that I have more interest in amateur football than the WoS; however, I'll not take your reply too personally. It was merely an observation. An observation, which, if I'm wrong, I'd be over the moon for W&B, because it would be an incredible result for them.

For what it's worth, too, and as an aside... I was sad to see St Cuthbert's decline following the play-off promotion round they reached a few years back. I think you give a good view on SoS teams. I'm a big advocate of the league and the teams within, especially being acutely aware of the geographical constraints.

Anyway, I hope your day gets better 🤣

Sorry mate, been getting the comments from 'certain areas' re the quality of south teams and how they should do the decent thing and basically bugger off now there are proper teams in the pyramid.

Wrong comment at wrong time I suppose. 😃

If you knew my home life, every days a bad day, come on here for some light relief sad as I am. 🤡

A lot of the time I'm the lone voice in the wilderness speaking up for the SOSFL. And believe me it's not an easy job what with some of the results. 😱

Seen Cupar at Abbey Vale last year so am in no doubt what they could do to W&B. Hopefully not.

Saints are my local SOSFL club and its sad to see the decline and more so the complete disconnect between the town and the club.

Like a lot of clubs there is a small group of magnificent volunteers keeping the club going, just.

Good to chat and as you probs realised my rant was not aimed at yourself. 👍

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I'd use the term "Central Belt" very loosely.

Most on here that are debating with you are two or three stops on the train from Dumfries. We're talking fully paid up denizens of Banjo Country.

8 hours ago, the tin man said:

Surprised at that a thought double that

Maybe if later rounds & were going well in the league but had a bad few seasons with relegation last season and support has fell off a cliff to be honest. I think took about that to Hill of Beath in same round a couple of seasons so I reckon about that depending if supporters bus or not too could be a bit less.

Edited by Shannon

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Good luck to Beith fans tonight. Not with the game itself, but getting through a match on the Bo'ness deathtrap terracing without going over on your ankle. 

I take it, that the Lowland league team Bo'ness United and the team Beith play tonight, Bo'ness Athletic share the same stadium?

21 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I take it, that the Lowland league team Bo'ness United and the team Beith play tonight, Bo'ness Athletic share the same stadium?

Yes, they do