Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

He’s clearly offered you a full season £100 bet and you’ve absolutely shat it.

Do keep up...

Was referring to the original betting offer and my second offer. Suggest you read back as well as the Dundee thread both commenting further. 

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

He’s clearly offered you a full season £100 bet and you’ve absolutely shat it.

Not often I agree with Dindy, however he is all yours mate.

22 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

What is this crossing over the road you are talking about? 

He’s talking about guys like my old pal in Douglas , good old Marty M , around 1963/4 we used to play up at claypots at the weekend and he always wore his DFC jersey with 10 on the back pretending to be Alan Gilzean , after the the 1980 cup final he jumped ship to Tannadice and has been going there ever since 

51 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

So United's squad is shite compared to Dundee's but Dundee have lost a lot of loan players?

Something doesn't add up...

To be fair , I watched around 30 mins of your game yesterday and I can’t spell his name but the guy who scored the first goal looks a player , Dundee will have to stop him making defence splitting passes that he looked capable of , 

5 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

So United's squad is shite compared to Dundee's but Dundee have lost a lot of loan players?

Something doesn't add up...

No we haven't, we've lost three, who were the only ones worth keeping Boateng, Beck and Mellon.

Thank you.

eta Forgot about Donnelly the centre half, but we've replaced him as well.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

21 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Eh I've been consistent all the way through, can't say the same for yourself.

Yeah happy to do the charity bet then since you're too chicken to do the season bet

£20 bet is on. Good man. 

Offer of the season bet stands as I’m not sure if you’ve taken that up or not. 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, HulltoonDee said:

To be honest Dundees highest ever average was 24,500, Uniteds is about 11,000. 

A lot of teams got big crowds after the war, Dundee were averaging 3-4 k pre war then figures like that just after it, was a brief era where crowd's were sky high, even Utd were 5 figures in the second tier 

United best is 12,830 late eighties

More relevant 

Dee 12th in prem 21/22 - 5900

Utd 12th in prem 22/23 - 9300 (6th in spfl)

Dee 1st in champ 22/23 - 4800

Utd 1st in champ 23/24 - 8400 (6th in spfl)

🥂

16 minutes ago, ShedruleFTD83 said:

A lot of teams got big crowds after the war, Dundee were averaging 3-4 k pre war then figures like that just after it, was a brief era where crowd's were sky high, even Utd were 5 figures in the second tier 

United best is 12,830 late eighties

More relevant 

Dee 12th in prem 21/22 - 5900

Utd 12th in prem 22/23 - 9300 (6th in spfl)

Dee 1st in champ 22/23 - 4800

Utd 1st in champ 23/24 - 8400 (6th in spfl)

🥂

Yay. Crowdwank chat.

Just for clarity on the 22/23 season, do those numbers include the givaway 2 free kids season tickets when bought with an adult season ticket?

Tripling the gate numbers.

Smoke and mirrors chief.

Edited by johnnydun

ah it's flip flopped again

United no longer b*****ds for charging too much (-1/+1 to Dundee last season) cos it's expensive to take bairns and are now b*****ds for giving free tickets to bairns instead.

1 minute ago, Alan_G said:

ah it's flip flopped again

United no longer b*****ds for charging too much (-1/+1 to Dundee last season) cos it's expensive to take bairns and are now b*****ds for giving free tickets to bairns instead.

Not at all my friend.

I think this is an excellent deal for United fans, it was £325 for a season ticket plus 2 free kids season tickets.

I'm just highlighting, that if United fans are going to crowdwank, they have to remember that a lot of those seats were given away for free.

The crowd size chat is a bit tedious and fortunately I have the solution.

If we could just all agree that United is the city’s bigger club, has been for some time, and will probably be for the foreseeable future then we can just move on and talk about other things like football and food budgets.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Yay. Crowdwank chat.

Just for clarity on the 22/23 season, do those numbers include the givaway 2 free kids season tickets when bought with an adult season ticket?

Tripling the gate numbers.

Smoke and mirrors chief.

Tripling, haha. Dundee Mad for this pish. You can get two free under 12 STs with an adult season ticket for the George Fox bottom tier, or sections of it, if you want but not automatically. I got one for my daughter. Again, a good thing. Dundee fans are weirdly obsessed with this. Would have thought they'd be more focussed on their own sluggish season ticket sales for their best team in 20 years 

Edited by Gibby82

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The crowd size chat is a bit tedious and fortunately I have the solution.

If we could just all agree that United is the city’s bigger club, has been for some time, and will probably be for the foreseeable future then we can just move on and talk about other things like football and food budgets.

I think everyone outside of the Dundee fans agree that Utd are the bigger club. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No we haven't, we've lost three, who were the only ones worth keeping Boateng, Beck and Mellon.

Thank you.

And you've replaced them with equal or better? You must have or the comparison of squads has no basis in fact.

3 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

He’s talking about guys like my old pal in Douglas , good old Marty M , around 1963/4 we used to play up at claypots at the weekend and he always wore his DFC jersey with 10 on the back pretending to be Alan Gilzean , after the the 1980 cup final he jumped ship to Tannadice and has been going there ever since 

Sounds like a right tosspot. IMO.