Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

FAF so on one hand you're telling me Moult is not proven anymore in the top league so Murray would be ahead of him but then you are putting Ingram in ahead of Strain who has not played a single game in this league yet Strain is undoubtedly proven at this level.

I feel for Dundee fans having to watch Simon Murray for the next three years. I might be wrong on this and he has looked like he improved last season but having watched him for the last so many years, I think he is a poor player. I think it says more about the defences of teams than himself of how he got his goal tally last season. Moult is better technically, proved himself before at Motherwell and if he stays injury free (big if) then I think he could go on to have a decent season for us. He's more than just a goalscorer though, his link up play is excellent. However, we are looking to bring in two new strikers so it remains to be seen if he will be first choice.

The CB positions is a toss up between the Dundee CB's as we have next to nothing in this department. Jury is out on our new Macedonian, on the ball he is very decent but i'm unsure if he will be strong enough to cope with the physicality of the league. Graham is a carthorse (as seen in the Ayr game) as is Gallagher, I am not confident going into the season with these two as first choice. Left back is clearly Ferry and possible toss up at RB if you say what is true about Ingram.

McCracken looks a great goalie and I think Walton is solid who doesn't make too many mistakes but McCracken is first pick here.

The midfield is the most contentious, we have made some very good attacking signings and you can tell they are excellent players. McCowan looks good but I am not as sold on Cameron, seen plenty of players like him before that had a lot of hype and then did very little once they got a bigger move. Sibbald is an underrated player for me, does the simple things well etc. 

A combined team would look like this for me:

McCracken

Strain Portales Astley McGhee (one of these CB's can GTF) Ferry

Sylla Sibbald

McCowan Babunski 

Moult Trap

I said a team based on current injuries and fitness, you moron.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

Posts like this have a habit of aging poorly, and coming back to bite a bit, so glad you popped this on.

As has been previously alluded, one or 2 of our players might just have enough about them to make it into the Dee Dream Team, and with any luck a few of them might  prove themselves worthy come  Half past 3 on Sunday. 

Having the better players doesn't always win individual games but it should see us finish higher come May. 

That's all that matters in the grand scheme of things. If you manage to win 3 0 next Sunday I'll still have anyone a bet that we'll finish higher.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I said a team based on current injuries and fitness, you moron.

Thank you.

Go back and read your post "you moron"

'You've based Strain starting ahead of Dundees new RB who looks class on a defeat to Falkirk and 45mins against Stenhousemuir.'

Edited by Butters Scotch

24 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Having the better players doesn't always win individual games but it should see us finish higher come May. 

That's all that matters in the grand scheme of things. If you manage to win 3 0 next Sunday I'll still have anyone a bet that we'll finish higher.

Thank you.

You’re welcome, and good for you. It’s always good to have a bit of positivity. 

You have a decent team on paper. Ours is unfinished (like yours) and untested at this level so we’ll see come May. 

Just making the point there that (to use the old cliche) pride very often comes before a fall, especially on here as I am sure you know. 🙂

Hopefully this proves to be the case on Sunday, and in May. 

I just discovered this is the season opener, my word.

As half Dundonian myself, I just want to wish both teams the worst of luck.

I’d take Ferry. And that’s because we have no left back. He does look good although early days. I’d take Moult as an impact player and possibly Babunski on early signs. Again, early days. A fit Strain is a very good player. However, I reckon Ingrim will prove himself as one of the best wing backs into the league. Early days with him too though.

Regardless of all that, it’s a derby. Anyone who can confidently predict an outcome either way is at it. I’d like to say under Docherty the days of going and getting a scudding because we’re mentally weak are gone for now, but a derby is just one of those games where everything can go out the window and it becomes mental. I don’t think it’ll be anything like that but we shall see what happens. I’ll go for a 2-1 Dundee win but f**k knows. 

Edited by Liam899

55 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Your pitch missed more games than Moult last season 

Pretty funny tbf.

Tiffoney did come onto a game which is why I’m really clear that he’d be shared of a guy who’s played 2 glorified friendlies against lower league opposition. 

It’s a no brainer really. 

I do like Moult - but the step up in physicality from championship to premiership may be his undoing. If it wasn’t for Murray I’d start him up top - but coming off the back of the season he’s just had anyone saying the ginger prince isn’t a shoo in is mental. 

Curtis Main and Tiffoney are then streets ahead of any of Utds other options. If you play that new centre half against us I am really looking forward to Curtis Main introducing himself to him. 

31 minutes ago, MacArab said:

You’re welcome, and good for you. It’s always good to have a bit of positivity. 

You have a decent team on paper. Ours is unfinished (like yours) and untested at this level so we’ll see come May. 

Just making the point there that (to use the old cliche) pride very often comes before a fall, especially on here as I am sure you know. 🙂

Hopefully this proves to be the case on Sunday, and in May. 

I - like most Dees - do not relish the feeling of being confident before any game as we have seen it all before - add in the unpredictability of a derby, potential of a ref or players getting over zealous with the atmosphere and that’s why I will probably never be 100% of a win going into a derby. 

I'm certainly not going in confident but one thing that does give me more than a little hope is the fact Goodwin seems to come away from every "big game" he manages needing a clean pair of Pampers.

28 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Pretty funny tbf.

Tiffoney did come onto a game which is why I’m really clear that he’d be shared of a guy who’s played 2 glorified friendlies against lower league opposition. 

It’s a no brainer really. 

I do like Moult - but the step up in physicality from championship to premiership may be his undoing. If it wasn’t for Murray I’d start him up top - but coming off the back of the season he’s just had anyone saying the ginger prince isn’t a shoo in is mental. 

Curtis Main and Tiffoney are then streets ahead of any of Utds other options. If you play that new centre half against us I am really looking forward to Curtis Main introducing himself to him. 

I genuinely can't tell if you are being serious with your posts, deluded or you're really just a fuckwit. 

Tiffoney, Main and Murray are nothing to write home about and are pretty average players at this level. To say they are streets ahead of our options is mindblowing. I'm looking forward to seeing these star studded players you mention though.🤭

34 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I genuinely can't tell if you are being serious with your posts, deluded or you're really just a fuckwit. 

Tiffoney, Main and Murray are nothing to write home about and are pretty average players at this level. To say they are streets ahead of our options is mindblowing. I'm looking forward to seeing these star studded players you mention though.🤭

Should we be afraid of a pregnant Tony Watt and a wheelchair bound Louis Moult!?

Thank you. 

13 minutes ago, Girth said:

Should we be afraid of a pregnant Tony Watt and a wheelchair bound Louis Moult!?

Thank you. 

Neither team's options are partiuclarly appealing at centre forward currently, i'm sure both teams will be bringing in new strikers though. 

8 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Neither team's options are partiuclarly appealing at centre forward currently, i'm sure both teams will be bringing in new strikers though. 

You at the wind up, or do you just enjoy gibbering shite?

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You at the wind up, or do you just enjoy gibbering shite?

Thank you.

He’s clearly at it.

You can’t argue with stupid. Best letting him carry on deluded.

Thank you