Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

5 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Does anyone actually enjoy these games? 🤣

I enjoy them, at last I enjoy the build up on the weekend, and it'll be good to get back to proper games. I also enjoy a drink, and although it's good to win, it's not the worst thing in the world to lose.

As for the nonsense about United faking their attendances, it's hardly likely, given they are taxed on income. From what I recall, it was always more of a habit for clubs to underestimate attendances for that very reason, in the past. 

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I enjoy them, at last I enjoy the build up on the weekend, and it'll be good to get back to proper games. I also enjoy a drink, and although it's good to win, it's not the worst thing in the world to lose.

As for the nonsense about United faking their attendances, it's hardly likely, given they are taxed on income. From what I recall, it was always more of a habit for clubs to underestimate attendances for that very reason, in the past. 

I’ve no idea whether United overstate their attendances or not, but the revenue won’t care what numbers you put on the website, it’s what goes through the till and the robustness of your counting method. 

21 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Huh? I've been critical of my team on here several times so this makes no sense. 

However, writing off a new player after several pre season matches whilst also playing in a unfamiliar position is just mental. 

Didn't write him off I said 'so far'.

The signs are mostly bad though, I'll be pleasantly surprised if he comes good for us as a regular centre-back.

18 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve no idea whether United overstate their attendances or not, but the revenue won’t care what numbers you put on the website, it’s what goes through the till and the robustness of your counting method. 

The revenue has this in common with me, then.

17 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Didn't write him off I said 'so far'.

The signs are mostly bad though, I'll be pleasantly surprised if he comes good for us as a regular centre-back.

Regardless very harsh as others have said of your thoughts on him.

He's been very good on the ball, can move the ball well going forward but he hasn't really been tested defensively so jury is out atm. Plus he's playing out in RWB where I don't think he will be starting unless we don't sign another RWB. 

53 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

And if you believe the figures peddled by Utd then you're as dottled and doolallie as Biden.

You can get off your high horse aswell after your affluency in Dundee rant.

Thank You.

Biden and the DAB's peddling the figures, will come crashing down soon for both of them.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I enjoy all Dundee games. Seeing my pals, having a beer and watching the club of the City.

It probably doesn't resonate with the Arabs who pack their stadium for the two home games when Derbies are there and leave an empty stand for all others apart from letting the OF fill it.

We can get beat next Sunday and I'll be having a few pints after it and getting ready for Hearts the next week. We're proper fans over the road. You arseholes will flee to the arse end of East Angus and reappear in March.

Thank you.

Honest to f**k, are you okay? Utd have tormented you all your life, I get it. But this is hilarious 😂

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Even if we accepted that load of old horseshit was true, which it isn't, do you not find that humiliating that that's the best you have?

Easily the worst FT team in Scotland in my lifetime.

If you count trophies (haha), cup finals, qualifying for Europe etc over your lifetime who would swap places with Dundee. Maybe Airdrie? Partick?

You can keep on harping on about the past if you like. We're on the brink of a new season, stadium and League cup knockout stages over at Dens. Your lifetime or mine doesn't come into anything when analysing the history of both clubs.

You'll be out the cup on Saturday behind Falkirk and Ayr before lining up next Sunday with your star studded foreign legion under Jimmy Goodwin. The future is bright, eh?

ETA Dundee are also averaging a higher gate so far this season (cup) despite playing home matches at Brechin.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

One way traffic from now on, Rolls Royces v bubble cars. Only question is how many Dees win by next Sunday, minus 1 with bookies should be 3 to 1, Murray and Main v Uniteds defence. WOW. The record score, 7-3 Dees, could go. 

There are a few Dees on P&B(and life) that talk sense, honest with a hint of bias/banter (can handle that) then there are others who post and I'm genuinely torn between either thinking, they are ill, bitter and twisted or I find myself looking for a "joke" in their posts as they can't be serious.

I'll let you work out who I'm talking about 

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I enjoy all Dundee games. Seeing my pals, having a beer and watching the club of the City.

It probably doesn't resonate with the Arabs who pack their stadium for the two home games when Derbies are there and leave an empty stand for all others apart from letting the OF fill it.

We can get beat next Sunday and I'll be having a few pints after it and getting ready for Hearts the next week. We're proper fans over the road. You arseholes will flee to the arse end of East Angus and reappear in March.

Thank you.

Dundee is tangerine and you know it - get over it.

17 minutes ago, HulltoonDee said:

One way traffic from now on, Rolls Royces v bubble cars. Only question is how many Dees win by next Sunday, minus 1 with bookies should be 3 to 1, Murray and Main v Uniteds defence. WOW. The record score, 7-3 Dees, could go. 

Cannot wait to see Main, McCowan and Si running at these donkeys.

eta throw on Tiffoney as well with 20 to go when they're fucked.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Cannot wait to see Main, McCowan and Si running at these donkeys.

Tiffoney and Si for me to run them carthorses at the back ragged.

Main and P-H to come on and seal the deal late on.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Tiffoney and Si for me to run them carthorses at the back ragged.

Main and P-H to come on and seal the deal late on.

Thank you.

Yeah, both ways work, speed and power up front, would play big Mo and Mulligan in front of our defence as well, solid.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Even if we accepted that load of old horseshit was true, which it isn't, do you not find that humiliating that that's the best you have?

Easily the worst FT team in Scotland in my lifetime.

If you count trophies (haha), cup finals, qualifying for Europe etc over your lifetime who would swap places with Dundee. Maybe Airdrie? Partick?

A time limit on major honours won?

Are you from Perth?

1 hour ago, HulltoonDee said:

Are you selling what you’ve got cos I want some

7 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

always good to see the funsters over confident going into a derby

I’m not, it’s a derby, anything can happen, we are playing some nice stuff but we’re very light on cover, already have injuries and will be far from the finished article next week.

That said, I think we ‘might’ hump yous, if we do it’ll probably be 2-1 🤣

Edited by MarkoP