Dundee United vs Dundee FC - The Best Derby in Scotland - The Worst Thread on P&B

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Being one on one with a keeper like that Trapanovski should be ensuring Cameron had no chance to clear it.  Doubt he’ll get a bigger head start for a one on one with a keeper all season.  

Aye, he absolutely should have gone round the keeper. McCracken had gone all in for that and lost.

My one complaint - and it probably is mostly Dundee's fault - is the absolute chaos that the shite ticketing system caused in the Jerry Kerr.

I'll preface this by saying I'm thick as f**k but the section number just being on show at the back of the stand and the row number encompassing two separate steps but not being clear if it came before or after said steps led to a shit ton of confusion and it was no surprise to see the amount of fans just without a seat standing on the stairs.

Jerry Kerr stand is an absolute riot. Never experienced such shambolic organisation. Anyway fair result. We played for 20 mins max and got a draw and I thought we would win.  But Utd could have and should have went 3-1 up. Was interesting watching their system which they got spot on. But the fans surely won’t be happy with the level of respect even if it was the right approach. We desperately need our defenders back. Portales was class. 

Edited by Liam899

15 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

Explain?

Butters makes roaster comments, like yours. 
I for one was pretty impressed with United. Signing guys from Macedonia etc has got to be a risk but if they continue like yesterday they’ll have been a risk worth taking. Survival has to be the first ambition of both clubs and you’d hope there will be 2 worse than both of us when the season settles down, particularly as I don’t see us playing much worse than we did in the first half. 

11 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Jerry Kerr stand is an absolute riot. Never experienced such shambolic organisation. Anyway fair result. We played for 20 mins max and got a draw and I thought we would win.  But Utd could have and should have went 3-1 up. Was interesting watching their system which they got spot on. But the fans surely won’t be happy with the level of respect even if it was the right approach. We desperately need our defenders back. Portales was class. 

Dens is pretty tired, so not in a position to throw stones, but I was in the corner of the JK and getting out is a nightmare. If there was an incident, like a fire, you’d have no chance of getting out. Amazing it gets a certificate, and I’m not having a dark blue specs snipe, it’s genuinely dangerous. 

27 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Butters makes roaster comments, like yours. 
I for one was pretty impressed with United. Signing guys from Macedonia etc has got to be a risk but if they continue like yesterday they’ll have been a risk worth taking. Survival has to be the first ambition of both clubs and you’d hope there will be 2 worse than both of us when the season settles down, particularly as I don’t see us playing much worse than we did in the first half. 

Which comment did I make? You will be the 3rd person I've now asked and still waiting for an answer

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

28 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Dens is pretty tired, so not in a position to throw stones, but I was in the corner of the JK and getting out is a nightmare. If there was an incident, like a fire, you’d have no chance of getting out. Amazing it gets a certificate, and I’m not having a dark blue specs snipe, it’s genuinely dangerous. 

If there was an incident/fire the fans In there would go downstairs onto the pitch 

That’s me home. Forgot it was Monday and I’m supposed to be working so have that to deal with.

Dundee are - as expected - a better team than Utd - this will be borne out over the season -  but the derby at Tannadice is the derby at Tannadice and I’m happy we escaped with a point.

Utd are not as bad as I expected but both sides are abhorrent at the back.

Our Graham was exposed massively and was rinsed and pulled all over the shop time and again - was a bonkers decision to start him imo and one that contributed hugely to the clown show at the back. - I’m all for giving young lads a chance but what a debut that was for him. Mismanaged imo. 

The big striker for the DABs was a handful. I’m extremely disappointed in our midfield which ceded the game - particularly first half - to the Arabs. 

What a derby though - sound c***s everywhere, unreal atmosphere, city buzzing .

f**k the DABs

Thank you

24 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Most dees and Arabs will accept their club is not perfect and there are things that can be improved.

Glen Scotia is not most Dees and Arabs. 

Christ this is now 4 and counting. I'd love one of you to say what it is I said rather than just bringing my username up 

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

37 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Christ this is now 4 and counting. I'd love one of you to say what it is I said rather than just bringing my username up 

I’ve no idea what you’re on about - my comment was to your wild call that in a fire people should just rush downstairs and onto the pitch  and that makes your health hazard of a stand ok. 

It - like the main stand at dens - is a hugely out of date hazard - and it’s ok to just accept that and move on. You don’t have to defend everything at Utd.

1 minute ago, Der Panzer said:

I’ve no idea what you’re on about - my comment was to your wild call that in a fire people should just rush downstairs and onto the pitch  and that makes your health hazard of a stand ok. 

It - like the main stand at dens - is a hugely out of date hazard - and it’s ok to just accept that and move on. You don’t have to defend everything at Utd.

If you had quoted my comment regarding the stand chat then I would have had a rough idea why you were bringing my name up but your post was just very random.

Getting back to the dangers of that stand, fifespud said "getting out is a nightmare, if there was a fire or incident you'd have no chance getting out' all I said to that was, if there was a fire or incident then there are steps from that stand down on to the pitch. Meaning, the exit that the crowd goes out isn't the only way out of that stand. 

In no way was I defending United or disagreeing with him or making it a Dundee v United thing at all

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

That’s me home. Forgot it was Monday and I’m supposed to be working so have that to deal with.

Dundee are - as expected - a better team than Utd - this will be borne out over the season -  but the derby at Tannadice is the derby at Tannadice and I’m happy we escaped with a point.

Utd are not as bad as I expected but both sides are abhorrent at the back.

Our Graham was exposed massively and was rinsed and pulled all over the shop time and again - was a bonkers decision to start him imo and one that contributed hugely to the clown show at the back. - I’m all for giving young lads a chance but what a debut that was for him. Mismanaged imo. 

The big striker for the DABs was a handful. I’m extremely disappointed in our midfield which ceded the game - particularly first half - to the Arabs. 

f**k the DABs

Thank you

Your take on that game yesterday, where we dominated you for around an hour, without a doubt had the better chances,where you needed a penalty to equalise, and where you've admitted that you escaped with a point, is that your team are a better team than us? 🤣

Wow, talk about deelusional. 😲

What are you cooking fella? 🤣🤣

I've slept on my thoughts on the game and read most of this thread now. I was relieved at the final whistle but I think that was just down to the way the game panned out. Dundee were chasing at 1-2 and had momentum while United flagged. I'm sure the Dees were relieved when Trapanowski's effort was cleared by Cameron.

For United, I thought Ferry was our best player and liked what VDS, Trap and Thomson did.

McCowan is good for Dundee and will be missed massively if he goes this month. Disappointed in Cameron. Was worried about him before the game. Tiffoney always threatens and gave me near heart failure a couple of times.

Overall, draw was fair and that seems to be the consensus. Nice to see some Dees admitting they'd underestimated United. I think it's an exciting season ahead for both and I genuinely think it's a flip of a coin who finishes higher.

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

f**k the DABs

Thank you

Screenshot_20240805_130556_Instagram.thumb.jpg.713bbcd5d26c1484d4d8c60fab624558.jpg

3 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

On a wee side note, the Dundee keeper was enjoying the banter with the United fans which I enjoyed. He was playing the pantomime villian and loving it. Fair play 

Good keeper tbf. Was left in the lurch a few times by our wandering defenders!