Scottish players in action 24/25

The Liverpool v Las Palmas friendly yesterday had Doak playing 90 mins, McBurnie starting for Las Palmas, and McKenna coming on for the last 20 minutes to keep up the Scottish quota when McBurnie got subbed off.

Numbers mentioned above the Adams assist for Torino - he was looking dynamic and I hope Serie A Suits him.

Another rare sighting of Fraser Hornby on a football pitch - he came on for the last quarter of an hour for Darmstadt who lost 3-1 at Paderborn.

Max Johnston an unused sub for Sturm Graz, Ewan Henderson started for Beerschot, but they got pumped.

And that's my Monday morning roundup. More dry facts coming your way tomorrow, maybe.

Good start to the season for Adedire Mebude. Started all three games, he scored, got an assist and motm on Saturday. His team Westerlo are top of the league too. Only recently turned 20 and given the Euros showed how badly in need of wingers we are he could be of interest to Clarke in the future.

I'm interested to see how Robertson does under the new Liverpool manager. There were signs of him looking a bit out of place when Klopp started to develop Liverpool tactically (a touchline LW, Alexander-Arnold inverting with Robertson more reserved), so with Slot apparently more focused on possession than Klopp, I wonder what Robertson's role will be. 

Did seem slightly concerning the lack of noticeable game time for some players in terms of top flight (and even Championship) action.  Hopefully as the transfer window progresses players like Ben Doak get clubs that afford them some game time and we can start to see players establishing themselves with a view to coming into contention for the Nations League games and then onto the WC Qualifiers.  It would be nice to see some players break through to give Steve Clarke some options (especially some options between midfield and attack and forward options in general)

2 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Did seem slightly concerning the lack of noticeable game time for some players in terms of top flight (and even Championship) action.  Hopefully as the transfer window progresses players like Ben Doak get clubs that afford them some game time and we can start to see players establishing themselves with a view to coming into contention for the Nations League games and then onto the WC Qualifiers.  It would be nice to see some players break through to give Steve Clarke some options (especially some options between midfield and attack and forward options in general)

I think that the above could have been said ahead of any Scotland camp as far back as I can remember. We don't have a huge pool of players and their 'club form' is often iffy with numerous fitness concerns going into our International games. It's normal.

Edited by 2426255

Sitting watching the EFL Highlights now and good to see Dykes having a positive impact for QPR, lovely finish and praise for Dembele also.

Prior to that, Hayden Hackney looked to be pulling the strings for Middlesbrough. I know they lost yesterday but it made me wonder if he was still an option if performances continue?

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Sitting watching the EFL Highlights now and good to see Dykes having a positive impact for QPR, lovely finish and praise for Dembele also.

Prior to that, Hayden Hackney looked to be pulling the strings for Middlesbrough. I know they lost yesterday but it made me wonder if he was still an option if performances continue?

Has been playing fairly regularly for England U21's since end of last year. That appears to be the route he is going down at moment. 

23 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Has been playing fairly regularly for England U21's since end of last year. That appears to be the route he is going down at moment. 

Hackney's 22 now and he's competing for a midfield place with guys like Mainoo and Wharton who are both younger than him and playing at a higher level. I doubt he has much chance of ever getting an England cap. Not to say that he'll ever opt for Scotland, but if he wants to play at a summer tournament, we're his best bet. (And that's assuming he's good enough for Scotland.)