Scottish players in action 24/25

I believe a few Scots played for Barca before the start of La Liga.

Wikipedia has this as the list of Scots to play in La Liga:

Scotland Scotland

[edit]

Lee Erwin does it again for HJK. Four goals in four European games this season including the winner to get them through tonight. Is that more than Hearts and Killie combined have managed in europe this season? Get him called up!

11 hours ago, David W said:

I believe a few Scots played for Barca before the start of La Liga.

Wikipedia has this as the list of Scots to play in La Liga:

Scotland Scotland

[edit]

Who the f**k is John Fox Watson 🤣

I'll need to Google this!

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

A rare start for Max Johnston tonight (only his 3rd in the league since joining last summer), but he was subbed at half-time at 2-1 down and they went on to win 4-2.

Any idea if it was tactical or if he was playing badly? It seems their regular right back was playing on the left so perhaps they tried that out and it didn’t work. I’m not sure how accurate player positions are on LiveScore but his main competition seem to be Gazibegovic and Aiwu. Gazibegovic has played right back, left back and centre back this year and Aiwu right back and centre back. 

Didn't see the game, was just looking through my app for all the Scotland players. They wouldn't have expected to be 2-0 down at home to that team (or any team I suppose given that they're champions), but I don't know if Johnston specifically played badly or if it was just about changing things around.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Didn't see the game, was just looking through my app for all the Scotland players. They wouldn't have expected to be 2-0 down at home to that team (or any team I suppose given that they're champions), but I don't know if Johnston specifically played badly or if it was just about changing things around.

Which app is that please? 

I use the LiveScore app, which lets you add teams as your favourites and it shows all their fixtures on a wee list. I stick all the non-UK teams that our players play for on there so I can keep an eye on how they're doing, but the list is getting incredibly long at this point.

I've used all the apps for following, filtering, statistics, match info, player info, etc. The best, by a country mile, is Sofascore.

I've actually heard that a lot of clubs use it. Much like the Football Manager database.

Over the weekend 14 of the 24 man squad started for their club: Angus Gunn, Max Johnston, Scott McKenna, Andrew Robertson, John Souttar, Greg Taylor, Ryan Christie, Ryan Gauld, John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Lewis Morgan, Ché Adams, Tommy Conway, Lawrence Shankland.

Only two goal contributions: Gauld and Taylor with an assist a piece.

Zero goals scored.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

Over the weekend 14 of the 24 man squad started for their club: Angus Gunn, Max Johnston, Scott McKenna, Andrew Robertson, John Souttar, Greg Taylor, Ryan Christie, Ryan Gauld, John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Lewis Morgan, Ché Adams, Tommy Conway, Lawrence Shankland.

Only two goal contributions: Gauld and Taylor with an assist a piece.

Zero goals scored.

Gauld did actually score a beauty except some numbskull was offside in the buildup so it didnae count. Unlucky, wee man.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Ross Stewart could make his Premier League debut off the bench for Southampton today 

Completely forgot about the big plesiosaur. 

How lovely would it be if he took to the EPL like a legendary aquatic creature to water?

Also makes him arguably the most elite level striker available to us (McBurnie close).

40 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Completely forgot about the big plesiosaur. 

How lovely would it be if he took to the EPL like a legendary aquatic creature to water?

Also makes him arguably the most elite level striker available to us (McBurnie close).

They could both start in the champions league final, but nobody could ever replace "League 1 Lyndon"