We played okay second half today but you really need to take your chances. Sending off looked very harsh and should have had a penalty too but you don't get them against St Rochs away then bad defending once again in injury time for second week in a row. Next two games are massive for the club I feel. We need to pick up wins soon and consolidate this season in 1st Division. Another relegation would be a disaster for the club. 

9 minutes ago, Shannon said:

We played okay second half today but you really need to take your chances. Sending off looked very harsh and should have had a penalty too but you don't get them against St Rochs away then bad defending once again in injury time for second week in a row. Next two games are massive for the club I feel. We need to pick up wins soon and consolidate this season in 1st Division. Another relegation would be a disaster for the club. 

Yeah, consolidation should be the priority I think. Same as the Buffs. 

The games against each other could actually be massive this season too.

Both sides have young managers. They deserve time. The clubs put them in the roles and need to stand by them imo.  

The worse Meadow team in my lifetime and we will be lucky to stay up unfortunately. So many mistakes with managerial appointments and player recruitment since Spence and Latta resigned / sacked both on and off the pitch. Need a win on Saturday or I really fear for the club that will be heading for years in 2nd to 3rd Divisions. We have downsized hugely from having a great backbone of a team in 2021-22 with Calum Gow, Slooves, Faulds, Wardrope, Callum Graham and Connor Boyd. We were a few additions away from consistent top 4-5 finishes but no decided to downsize. I could rant more but I better not.

Edited by Shannon

20 minutes ago, Shannon said:

The worse Meadow team in my lifetime and we will be lucky to stay up unfortunately. So many mistakes with managerial appointments and player recruitment since Spence and Latta resigned / sacked both on and off the pitch. Need a win on Saturday or I really fear for the club that will be heading for years in 2nd to 3rd Divisions. We have downsized hugely from having a great backbone of a team in Calum Gow, Slooves, Faulds, Wardrope, Callum Graham and Connor Boyd. A few additions away from top 4-5 finishes but no decided to downsize. I could rant more but I better not.

Sad times mate and I don't like seeing this. 

Would rather visit meadow than plastic cages like Clydebank, gartcairn and drumchapel .

12 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Sad times mate and I don't like seeing this. 

Would rather visit meadow than plastic cages like Clydebank, gartcairn and drumchapel .

Even sadder, winton rovers buying into it as well, (economics and community banner used there) never seen a memorable proper football game on it, that includes some great results for killie over the years, and buffs win 2-0 at the Drum. Think meadow will survive.

8 minutes ago, 99blue baloons said:

Even sadder, winton rovers buying into it as well, (economics and community banner used there) never seen a memorable proper football game on it, that includes some great results for killie over the years, and buffs win 2-0 at the Drum. Think meadow will survive.

It's killing our game pure and simple. Sport complexes, ground sharing leeches and plastic football it's not the game I loved. 

Pete's sake, lads,...Holm Park isnae a cage. Barrfields isnae a cage. Townhead isnae a cage.

Ardrossan Winton Rovers (probably) won't be either.

Aye, I'll give you the other ones.

p.s. Kirkie wasn't as awful as I thought it might be...the jury is oot.

To be honest I would rather play on 4g and be top of Premier than play on grass and be near bottom of First Division. Clearly massive benefits to 4g pitches in being able to use them all year round plus income from youth teams, extra games on them during winter and players get to train on them twice a week all year round too.

7 hours ago, Shannon said:

The worse Meadow team in my lifetime and we will be lucky to stay up unfortunately. So many mistakes with managerial appointments and player recruitment since Spence and Latta resigned / sacked both on and off the pitch. Need a win on Saturday or I really fear for the club that will be heading for years in 2nd to 3rd Divisions. We have downsized hugely from having a great backbone of a team in 2021-22 with Calum Gow, Slooves, Faulds, Wardrope, Callum Graham and Connor Boyd. We were a few additions away from consistent top 4-5 finishes but no decided to downsize. I could rant more but I better not.

I was at the Medda when all the players you mentioned left , apart from Faulds and Wardrope but can assure you it was not downsizing by the club. These players wanted to leave to go to the likes of Pollok,  Auchinleck and Clydebank. Unfortunately the wages being offered elsewhere meant trying to bring in players of similar ability proved difficult due to the Medda committee, quire rightly,  sticking to its usual budget rather than go down the big spending road of most other clubs now in the premier. 
The medda fans were desperate to get Kevin Deeney out from the word go but I genuinely think the club would have still been in the premier if they had stuck by him as he was still picking up points in the premier. The next two appointments have sadly seen a constant turnover of players and no consistency at all. 
When you are on a tight budget you have to ensure you are bringing in the right type that will battle for you when the chips are down and Kevin had signed a few like that,l. Going by results second half of last season and this season that's seems to be lacking. 
It was always going to be a tough gig coming down from the premier, players moving on because they feel they are two good to go down , teams see you as a big scalp ..etc . especially with the history of the likes of Medda and buffs. And if you players aren't up for the fight it can be a downward spiral. 
It is now looking like being a very tough season ahead for Medda but not sure changing the manager again is they way forward, the club needs a bit of consistency now.

Posted (edited)

Martin Ferry was an extremely bad managerial appointment by Meadow. 

Got the gig because of his past ties with the club, despite his extremely patchy (and that’s being kind) managerial record. 

The club is still paying the price for that particular mistake imo. 

Edited by coistysgoldenboots

12 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

It's killing our game pure and simple. Sport complexes, ground sharing leeches and plastic football it's not the game I loved. 

Always been the same arguments throughout history. Dug this out from the P&B AGM, circa 1960. I quote:

"Don't like this grass they keep installing on the parks. Much prefer mud or ash. Never seen a decent game on a grass park yet. These steps they keep installing around the park too. Never had a decent spectating experience standing on these concrete or wooden 'sleepers'. Keep em on the railway. Give me a nice Coal bing to stand on anyday. It's just not the game i grew up with!"

Amazing how history repeats itself.

The club has been in a vicious downward spiral since Brian Mcginty left, I’ll never forget the reaction of the majority of the players when he went, it’s no surprise he went on to win a Scottish cup with the core of his team being ex medda players.  Spence and latta then take over, who actually recruited well but just didn’t get the best out of the squad, maybe the job came to soon for them, similar to Ben just now I think he’s took the job on too early, but any young manager would jump at the chance so can’t blame him for taking it. Then Grierson and deeny come in and have the same squad that Spence and latta had (addition of Kerr) but have us playing brilliant, I’d take him back now if his health would let him. Regarding the comment about players leaving.. I don’t think you can blame Ayrshire boys like Slooves, Wardrope and boyd for wanting to make the move to talbot, it’s a team most people wouldn’t knock back. As for Calum Gow moving on, I have it on good account that Grierson and deeny where desperate to keep him but the committee wouldn’t budge on budget that’s when Pollok came knocking, once he left, medda then decide to give Isaac Kerr big wages which would have been better spent keeping Gow.  I reckon Graham, Wharton ect all stay if that happens. Faulds leaving was due to a dressing room fallout so not much you can do there. But if you look at all these players they have all went on to play with top 3/4 clubs, we really should have been trying better to keep them.  The problem with medda lies higher up, you’ve got guys on the committee who think they are the manager and want too much input, you’ve got physios applying for the managers job too (don’t get me started on the things I’ve heard) and overall recruitment just been really poor, medda could be in for a long season if they don’t get on track quickly. I hope Ben can turn it around but if not the committee really need to get the next appointment right. 

• 2 weeks later...

Beat off irvine vics tonight in the Mary mass derby, typically known for medda domination in it, what’s going on down at meadow? Wouldn’t surprise me if Ben decides to walk, how many managers will this committee see off before they start realising maybe they are the problem? Wouldn’t surprise me if the physio has his name in the hat already..

Just saw the result there. Having seen Meadow earlier in the season I have to say it doesn’t surprise me. 

The quality of player they have brought in seems to be way below the standard required. 

I’d be very worried if I were a Medda fan now. Yes it’s a friendly, yes it’s ultimately nothing more than bragging rights, but I wonder at just what level this Medda team is realistically sitting at. 

The recruitment appears to be dreadful. But yes, you cannot keep  sacking managers as medda have done. Who would want to take on that job now? I honestly believe there’s a real danger Meadow will drop another division this year.