Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 3 August

Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was both pleasantly surprised how well we played and quite shocked how poor Partick were.  If both Crawford and JET can get up to full fitness quickly they'll both be fantastic additions to the side (a sentence I never in a million years thought I'd be typing!)

Enough can't be said how awesome Wilson is, absolutely love the lad.

Playing like that most weeks and if we get lucky with injuries this year, we'll be fine and may even push for the promotion play offs.

Also, just my opinion, but the use of the word "ultras" is the cringiest f**king thing to ever come out of football.  I hope to Christ I never see a flag with the word Ultras hanging in the Cowshed.    

Kind of clutching at straws for a positve take away from game but outside of McBeth's misplaced pass back I felt defensively we were not really under any kind threat from Morten despite a makeshift back 4 .New keeper looks solid enough. 

Fair play to Morten in nullifying Graham,Fitzpatrick and Turner leaving us punting long balls to Robinson and Graham with no effect .Doolan's subs or lack of still a bit iffy .

Good crowd and the Lambie made a lot of noise even when the fare on offer was poor to middling .Good shout for pen in first half but that's about it .

Onwards and upwards. 

11 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Kind of clutching at straws for a positve take away from game but outside of McBeth's misplaced pass back I felt defensively we were not really under any kind threat from Morten despite a makeshift back 4 .New keeper looks solid enough. 

Fair play to Morten in nullifying Graham,Fitzpatrick and Turner leaving us punting long balls to Robinson and Graham with no effect .Doolan's subs or lack of still a bit iffy .

Good crowd and the Lambie made a lot of noise even when the fare on offer was poor to middling .Good shout for pen in first half but that's about it .

Onwards and upwards. 

Yes Thistle certainly more dominant with some slick passing going forward.  I see others disagree but I thought Logan Chalmers looked very handy on the ball, and thought the same when he was at Ayr.  Those that watch him every week will know better than me,  and seem to suggest he's a bit of a luxury player and not that switched on off the ball.

1 minute ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes Thistle certainly more dominant with some slick passing going forward.  I see others disagree but I thought Logan Chalmers looked very handy on the ball, and thought the same when he was at Ayr.  Those that watch him every week will know better than me,  and seem to suggest he's a bit of a luxury player and not that switched on off the ball.

Chalmers will be fine once he has an effective overlapping right back that can effectively ping balls over /through defences to him.Wasiri did fine defensively ,and fair play to him for trying his best ,but is not a right back .

Watched the game, last night   it was a disjointed performance, but that happens.  Positives for me were the midfield at least making themselves available to receive the ball and Chalmers showing some decent touches and awareness.  I thought Wilson looked an asset for Morton.

On 05/08/2024 at 08:45, M0rtonfc said:

Read a few posts from some of our fans saying that Partick were the better team for large parts of the game, I must have been watching a different game as bar a few spells I thought we pretty much bossed that game. 

Fans of either team that thought they bossed that game are seriously deluded. One of the most deserved 0-0 draws you'll ever see. 

We weren't brilliant but a lot of potential attacks broke down because Williams doesn't know how to use the ball in the final 3rd. With a vaguely competent right back we probably win.

On 05/08/2024 at 09:53, Pie Of The Month said:

At least Toby can add stealing scarves to his massive thread of reasons he hates Thistle.

One reason is more than enough.

1 hour ago, AMMjag said:

We weren't brilliant but a lot of potential attacks broke down because Williams doesn't know how to use the ball in the final 3rd. With a vaguely competent right back we probably win.

Definitely limited in that position but he created two of our better chances.

Not sure if Grimshaw improves us in an attacking way but he may well be a better option.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Definitely limited in that position but he created two of our better chances.

Not sure if Grimshaw improves us in an attacking way but he may well be a better option.

In an attacking sense he probs won’t improve you good defensively though