11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye was just, badly, wondering if you think your home support will be affected by the pricing.

For home  supporters Season Tickets will be about £25/game so this will probably push a few regulars into taking the plunge

Whether selling a few more Season tickets cancels out losing a few walk ups remains to be seen

But ultimately it allows them to cash in further on a few big travelling supports 

For all the fuss about Hearts not always selling the cheapest seats near the pitch little is said about clubs with oversize grounds who charge home fans the same all round the ground so that they can price behind the goals in the away end the same way as prime seats on the halfway line

I spent £29 for a ticket to our game with Valur this Thursday night. I simply would not have spent this on league fixture.

£25 has typically been my cut-off point. The number of away games I attend has dropped dramatically since the Covid season due to pricing.

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Subsequently for sure, but that has been led by other revenue streams for bands collapsing

Or naked greed by the big multinational ticket distributors and promoters. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock taking the absolute piss for a Kilmarnock v St Johnstone match

Screenshot_20240730_123647_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d0234c081f9a0e07feb00f2fddb8804e.jpg

£84 for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 12 year olds) is wild.

£84 for a family of four to watch a game of football is scandalous.

22 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

For all the fuss about Hearts not always selling the cheapest seats near the pitch little is said about clubs with oversize grounds who charge home fans the same all round the ground so that they can price behind the goals in the away end the same way as prime seats on the halfway line

I think we're doing that this season, unfortunately. East Stand PATG price apparently £27 which is the same as the Main Stand, despite extra legroom in the Main.

It's just shite really.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye was just, badly, wondering if you think your home support will be affected by the pricing.

I expect so.  Perhaps there will be a lot more 'Concession' tickets sold this season. 

I'm tempted to do likewise where QR codes are used 😀

I think Kilmarnock have scored a massive own goal here, especially now there is a lot of positivity and momentum around the club. 

I'll be eligible for a concession ticket in 2 years time but by then I'll most likely be paying what I have been paying for an adult ticket in recent years.   

Others have made reference to the price of gigs - likewise here I probably now go to about half the number of concerts I went to up  pre covid because of this. 

I'm going to see Paul Heaton in December and it is costing about £40, which is much less than others are charging.  Funnily enough it's almost sold out . 

5 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I'd disagree on your average gig in that period.   Subsequently for sure,  but that has been led by other revenue streams for bands collapsing

I checked for some gigs I was at in 1992 because that was a year I saw lots of great gigs

Metallica in Hall 4 of the SECC on the back of their career high black album was only £15, Rush were £13.50 or £11.50 and Faith No More at the Barrowlands were only £12 

Fast forward to 2004 and Rush cost £32.50.  A bit later Metallica were charging £40 for their death magnetic tour.

It's hard to do a like for like comparison  but a rough doubling isn't too far off for gigs

Glastonbury 1994 was £59 , Glastonbury 2004 was £109

Things have pushed on from there but the inflation was definitely significant back then 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock taking the absolute piss for a Kilmarnock v St Johnstone match

Screenshot_20240730_123647_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d0234c081f9a0e07feb00f2fddb8804e.jpg

£84 for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 12 year olds) is wild.

That pricing is a shambles. 

I think that it's about time there was a mass petition or at least correspondence sent out (similar to the VAR one people were using on this forum)

But who do you send it to? One single club will not deal with an issue like this alone. Other people will know who to take this up with better than I will...

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I checked for some gigs I was at in 1992 because that was a year I saw lots of great gigs

Metallica in Hall 4 of the SECC on the back of their career high black album was only £15, Rush were £13.50 or £11.50 and Faith No More at the Barrowlands were only £12 

Fast forward to 2004 and Rush cost £32.50.  A bit later Metallica were charging £40 for their death magnetic tour.

It's hard to do a like for like comparison  but a rough doubling isn't too far off for gigs

Glastonbury 1994 was £59 , Glastonbury 2004 was £109

Things have pushed on from there but the inflation was definitely significant back then 

For comparison.

Adjusted for inflation your 1992 Metallica ticket would be £32 today.

Your 2004 Metallica ticket would be £70 today. I don't know the true cost of a Metallica ticket. They make terrible music.

Your 1994 Glastonbury ticket would be £120 today.

Your 2004 Glastonbury ticket would be £190 today.  True cost £355, I believe.

Hearts' 1994 top-priced standard ticket would be £26 today.

Hearts' 2004 top-priced standard ticket would be £42 today. True cost, I'm not actually sure. £34?

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

That IMO is an absolute joke and if the likes of St Johnstone charge us £30 to get in I'll  be at very few away games this season. 

Even the pricing for concession tickets and child tickets is disgraceful.  

I can see away attendances falling considerably if these prices remain. 

To take kids to that game at Rugby park would cost me £54. Same two teams at McDiarmid would cost an away fan taking kids of same age £18. So 3x as much.

£30 is steep for a run of the mill game for an adult ticket, but the cost for kids is horrific. Good luck getting many away fans this year. 

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The data shows that it doubled as opposed to tripled

And the price of Gigs went up at least as fast

May be different at other clubs, but at St Johnstone, East Stand gate entry was £5 in 1990. Allowing for inflation, that's the same as £12 today.

Put another way, the price of watching football in Perth has more than doubled in a generation.

Not sure that music gigs are comparable (hugely different inflationary pressures, while football has benefitted from other increasing income from other sources). But not sure why it would excuse football if they were.

For many many years, gouging the casual fan has been a choice, not a requirement. (Going back to 1930, and granted that this was in the old Second Division, the cheapest St Johnstone season ticket was 15 shillings (just over £40 today); the most expensive main stand seat was £2 (£110 today). Interesting because we only managed to shift 206 STs that year (shows how reliant we were on walk-ins), and the argument given for those poor sales was that the prices were 'too high for second division football'.

39 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

But who do you send it to? One single club will not deal with an issue like this alone. Other people will know who to take this up with better than I will...

The clubs would just team up to keep the prices high anyway. They're all at it and happy to keep creeping prices up under the pretense it's the only way they can make money.

Our new owners already crept the PATG prices up and the prices of pints in the Muirton Suite up. I expect we'll get season ticket prices bumped up next season too.

There's no doubt that prices are too high at all club's games.
The thread was started because Utd were charging £34 for the derby and it is too high but Dundee have done exactly the same over the last few seasons so pointing fingers doesn't help.
Scottish football is weird in that it's one of the few leagues left that fans have power.
If there was an orchestrated fans boycott or show of strength things might change but it the problem is you're actively fighting with this club you love.
The Germans showed that their tennis ball protest against further corporate take overs can work so it is possible.

The Premiership in England is fucked now for fans as the money received from sponsors, TV and prize money is so high that match day income is an extra which can be added to but not anything that would significantly increase budgets etc and stops fans from having any real power, while Scottish clubs depend on season tickets and match day income for budgets.
This means that there is power there but fans would have to put rivalries aside, as the Germans did, to try and make a change.

5 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

There's no doubt that prices are too high at all club's games.
The thread was started because Utd were charging £34 for the derby and it is too high but Dundee have done exactly the same over the last few seasons so pointing fingers doesn't help.
Scottish football is weird in that it's one of the few leagues left that fans have power.
If there was an orchestrated fans boycott or show of strength things might change but it the problem is you're actively fighting with this club you love.
The Germans showed that their tennis ball protest against further corporate take overs can work so it is possible.

The Premiership in England is fucked now for fans as the money received from sponsors, TV and prize money is so high that match day income is an extra which can be added to but not anything that would significantly increase budgets etc and stops fans from having any real power, while Scottish clubs depend on season tickets and match day income for budgets.
This means that there is power there but fans would have to put rivalries aside, as the Germans did, to try and make a change.

Are prices too high?

Crowds are extremely healthy in Scotland just now.

Has the Dundee derby not sold out?

We'd all like to pay less, but if the tickets are selling, then they're not too expensive.

Why are Killie hitting the £30 mark at this point? From the outside, they look like they are in a really good state at the moment and crossing the £30 quid rubicon comes over as the sort of panicky thing that a club that are in dire straights would do. 

Are we really down to the sunk cost strategy now where the calculation is that the folk that actually turn up will pay any amount? That's what ICT and County have done for years given the cost/effort of actually getting there for a lot of supporters.

No run of the mill Premiership game is worth close to that much and as someone that goes to most away games, I'll simply be giving it a miss if it's the same for us.

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Are prices too high?

We'd all like to pay less, but if the tickets are selling, then they're not too expensive.

Yes.

They are despite expensive ticket prices. 

Yes.

That is incorrect.

Stevie Nicks tickets at the Co-op 2-3 weeks ago were £172.50.

It was a sell out.

I think that is too expensive however if you are a mega fan you might think it's ok for a once in a lifetime experience but it's still too expensive. 

Going to Dens and Tynecastle every other week is only possible because of fans, we should know, we've had to save our clubs, tickets selling out at football does not mean they have been priced with fans in mind, rather they have maximised income with no regard for fan's situations. The same fuckers that saved our clubs.

14 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Are prices too high?

What people are willing to pay should not be a barometer for how expensive things are. Prices for concerts, technology and fuel (all be it fuel is more of a necessity) 

If we don't tackle the problem head on then prices just keep driving up. 

2 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Yes.

They are despite expensive ticket prices. 

Yes.

That is incorrect.

Stevie Nicks tickets at the Co-op 2-3 weeks ago were £172.50.

It was a sell out.

I think that is too expensive however if you are a mega fan you might think it's ok for a once in a lifetime experience but it's still too expensive. 

Going to Dens and Tynecastle every other week is only possible because of fans, we should know, we've had to save our clubs, tickets selling out at football does not mean they have been priced with fans in mind, rather they have maximised income with no regard for fan's situations. The same fuckers that saved our clubs.

I'm not really sure that applies to Hearts. As noted above, I think Hearts' season ticket prices are very reasonable, for example. Tynecastle is sold out pretty much every game. You can't say the place is sold out but the club has the pricing too high. Doesn't make sense.

Away games I generally agree should be priced cheaper. But, again, they're only too expensive if the price stops them selling. The Dundee derby is a sell-out despite being live on the telly. It's been priced properly.

What we'd all like to see and what is "correct" are not the same thing.