36 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's driven by the Broadcasters

Sky need plenty of away fans for the spectacle

So they force London Clubs to give away tickets at Northern Prices

It was driven by supporter action, the broadcasters may have subsequently supported it but it wasn't their idea.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't drink, and have never felt the urge to eat at football matches, but even so today's prices are getting towards the upper limit for me, certainly for walk-ups. A season ticket would be better value for sure, but I've never been a go to every game sort of guy. I think we as fans should get our act together and do something about it, but I'm not sure what. My energy, such as it is, is more focused on politics than football. I think the state of our football reflects the state of our country as a whole.

I think the argument for value for money on a season ticket is starting to get quite narrow (for me, anyway). The absolute die-hards will obviously be there every week, but with a ticket at Fir Park, once you miss 2 or 3 games, you're not saving anything. I'd like to see the option of ticket packages; it's used quite effectively in American sports.

Now, I understand there are far more games to attend (41 home games in the NHL, for example), but if someone is able to see a run of 4/5 home games they know they can make, can club(s) not offer a ticket package that gives them a wee saving? So say it's £96 for four games normally, sell a package for £85 and with a voucher for a chicken chasni pie for each one. I've no idea if that's feasible as I don't know operating margins etc. but surely it's worth a shot.

7 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I think the argument for value for money on a season ticket is starting to get quite narrow (for me, anyway). The absolute die-hards will obviously be there every week, but with a ticket at Fir Park, once you miss 2 or 3 games, you're not saving anything. I'd like to see the option of ticket packages; it's used quite effectively in American sports.

Now, I understand there are far more games to attend (41 home games in the NHL, for example), but if someone is able to see a run of 4/5 home games they know they can make, can club(s) not offer a ticket package that gives them a wee saving? So say it's £96 for four games normally, sell a package for £85 and with a voucher for a chicken chasni pie for each one. I've no idea if that's feasible as I don't know operating margins etc. but surely it's worth a shot.

The Chicago cubs have a 20 game ticket plan for people who don't feel like they can get along to 81 home games
https://www.mlb.com/cubs/tickets/season-tickets
Their season ticket discount is negligible for the good seats but the $30 cheapest seats in the bleachers work out at about $20 if you buy all 81 games at once.

Edinburgh Rugby had a scheme where you could buy a bundle of tickets without specifying the game and then just turn up to the ones you could make it to. But that was when they were playing to 4 figure crowds in Murrayfield.

When Fergus McCann first moved in at Celtic he came up with this package where tickets for the Old Firm game were available as part of three match bundle with two more mundane fixtures. I think one of them might have been Falkirk, an older celtic fan might remember

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The Chicago cubs have a 20 game ticket plan for people who don't feel like they can get along to 81 home games
https://www.mlb.com/cubs/tickets/season-tickets
Their season ticket discount is negligible for the good seats but the $30 cheapest seats in the bleachers work out at about $20 if you buy all 81 games at once.

Edinburgh Rugby had a scheme where you could buy a bundle of tickets without specifying the game and then just turn up to the ones you could make it to. But that was when they were playing to 4 figure crowds in Murrayfield.

When Fergus McCann first moved in at Celtic he came up with this package where tickets for the Old Firm game were available as part of three match bundle with two more mundane fixtures. I think one of them might have been Falkirk, an older celtic fan might remember

Just on a side note, I had actually went to a Chicago Cubs game a couple weeks back and if we think we are getting ripped off here...then holy shit this is next level stuff. Very, very expensive for food and drink. 

29 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Just on a side note, I had actually went to a Chicago Cubs game a couple weeks back and if we think we are getting ripped off here...then holy shit this is next level stuff. Very, very expensive for food and drink. 

I went there about 25 years ago and it seemed a bit pricey then

39 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I went to a New Jersey Devils game last March in Newark. We sat in the lower bowl, at the end the Devils attacked twice; was always going to be pricey, but I've still not told my (far, far) better half how much it cost us... 😅

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They won't.

I can watch every single Saints game this season for £12 a month.

The comparison to what folk done 5 years is redundant never mind 20-30 years ago.

You'll lose people like me easily when costs become too high because there's a far cheaper alternative for virtually the same product.

Whilst I agree with your general point I do not think watching a game live and watching it on your TV/laptop can be seriously considered as the ‘same product’.  It’s a totally different experience even if you’re just there for the football rather than any wider social interaction.

On 28/07/2024 at 18:32, invergowrie arab said:

I don't want to give anyone ideas but I'd prob pay 50 quid for a derby ticket.

We are probably beyond the point of what I would pay for other games though. I probably won't be attending any more than 2 non Tayside away matches this year and it will be part of a an occasional big day out with pals.

I'll go to Midlands League games when United are away.

25 quid is the maximum I would pay and even then I'd feel like I was being ripped off.

Find myself going to watch Banks o Dee when the Dons are away. £10 for me and the loon gets in for free. 
we did go to Cove to begin with but £20 to watch league 1 and Hartley dire football and with removal the temp stands behind the goal was enough to put us off