Ticket Prices

Planning to go to Hamilton this weekend to watch the opening game and I can't believe the ticket prices for a team just promoted from League 1 is set at £26. The highest in the league.

Here is what everyone is charging, you're closing the door to taking families out for the day. Its incredible.

Hamilton
Adults – £26
O65s – £16
U18s – £16
U16s – £8

Dunfermline
SRJ Windows South Stand: Adults £23, Concessions £17, U12 £9
All other stands: Adults £21, Concessions £15, U12 £7
Away Stands: Adults £21, Concessions £15, U12s £7

Raith Rovers
Not updated their website from last season, will it change?
Games vs Dundee United & Dunfermline were £24
All others £22
O65 - £16
U21 - £15
U16 - £10
U12 - Free with paying adult

Airdrie
Adults - £22
O65s - £17
Concession - £14
U16 - £9

Morton
Adults - £22
Concession (O65/16-21) £16
Child (12-15) £5
Child (U12) £5 with paying adult

Thistle
Adults - £22
Concessions - £16
U16 - £6 (home fans can apply for free season ticket!)

Falkirk
Adult - £21
Concession - £16
U18 - £11
U12 - Free

Queens Park
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
Student - £15

Livingston
Adults - £24
Concessions £16
16-18 - £13
U16 - £9

Ayr United
Not been released yet, but I'm under the belief not much is changing
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
13-17 - £15
12 and under - £6 (season ticket £40)

Thoughts peeps?

Edited by diege
update

6 hours ago, diege said:

Dunfermline

Bargain considering most teams will pick up points at KDMEEP

6 hours ago, diege said:

Planning to go to Hamilton this weekend to watch the opening game and I can't believe the ticket prices for a team just promoted from League 1 is set at £26. The highest in the league.

Here is what everyone is charging, you're closing the door to taking families out for the day. Its incredible.

Hamilton
Adults – £26
O65s – £16
U18s – £16
U16s – £8

Dunfermline

Raith Rovers
All others £22
O65 - £16
U21 - £15
U16 - £10

Airdrie
Adults - £22
O65s - £17
Concession - £14
U16 - £9

Morton
Adults - £22
Child (12-15) £5

Thistle
Adults - £22
Concessions - £16

Falkirk
Adult - £21
Concession - £16
U18 - £11
U12 - Free

Queens Park
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
Student - £15

Livingston
Adults - £24
Concessions £16
16-18 - £13
U16 - £9

Ayr United
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
13-17 - £15

Thoughts peeps?

Every single team is overcharging.

6 hours ago, diege said:

Hamilton
Adults – £26
O65s – £16
U18s – £16
U16s – £8

Dunfermline

Raith Rovers
All others £22
O65 - £16
U21 - £15
U16 - £10

Airdrie
Adults - £22
O65s - £17
Concession - £14
U16 - £9

Morton
Adults - £22
Child (12-15) £5

Thistle
Adults - £22
Concessions - £16

Falkirk
Adult - £21
Concession - £16
U18 - £11
U12 - Free

Queens Park
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
Student - £15

Livingston
Adults - £24
Concessions £16
16-18 - £13
U16 - £9

Ayr United
Adult - £22
Concession - £15
13-17 - £15

Thoughts peeps?

Informative post thanks.

I would say, if you can stand to do it, just boycott the Hamilton away game, hopefully they will get the message soon enough and revisit away fan prices.

Last season I attended both Falkirk home games against Hamilton but boycotted both away games due to the shoddy way they treat away fans. I fully appreciate not all fans will want to do this but I'd rather pick games where my own club makes money and also away games where you are treated better by the away club. Away clubs that treat away fans with respect should get higher attendances and vice versa.

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Informative post thanks.

I would say, if you can stand to do it, just boycott the Hamilton away game, hopefully they will get the message soon enough and revisit away fan prices.

Last season I attended both Falkirk home games against Hamilton but boycotted both away games due to the shoddy way they treat away fans. I fully appreciate not all fans will want to do this but I'd rather pick games where my own club makes money and also away games where you are treated better by the away club. Away clubs that treat away fans with respect should get higher attendances and vice versa.

What did Hamilton do to Falkirk last season other than offer £20 a pop that you didn’t sell out across both games.

I've decided I'm not going to Hamilton, want to see my team but that price is just a step too far. 

A few low crowds might make there owners see sense, might not. I remember Hugh Scott at Morton bumping the prices up because crowds were falling and he still wanted the same take on the gate. That went well for him.

2 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

What was the story with Hamilton Falkirk last year ? 

Played silly buggers by insisting on physical, paper tickets a week in advance of the fixture IIRC.

That put the onus on our own staff to facilitate sales on Accies behalf despite them having the means themselves via their use of Fanbase.

It was trying to inconvenience - some say suppress - the Falkirk support for the sake of it rather than any operational problem. Glad it backfired for them.

37 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Every single team is overcharging.

Disagree (not for all), given the costs of running a club in 2024. The energy prices alone are ludicrous (I heard £20k a month for many, unsure how accurate that is mind).

In saying that, I think ourselves and Falkirk are fine but after that it's getting harder to justify and Hamilton and Livingston are of course charging far too much.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

What did Hamilton do to Falkirk last season other than offer £20 a pop that you didn’t sell out across both games.

I thought we brought good numbers for both games. 2,008 & 1,408 IIRC (with the former being a week before Christmas and the latter being live on BBC Alba after we'd already won the league) despite the ticket farce

How many did you expect us to bring? You can probably forget about those kinds of numbers this season @ £26 a pop which is a crazy decision by your board 

410919089_668505038791059_5598601670860812447_n.thumb.jpg.5f645ba439389bacc872d12fe11b3200.jpg

437575317_739877758320453_5835811416306460727_n.thumb.jpg.ab9b4adf381a638d55581ecf3edf306d.jpg

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I heard £20k a month for many, unsure how accurate that is mind

Probably pretty accurate.

I thought the SFA with their massive summer windfall could have done a scheme to fund or loan cash interest free for clubs to put up solar panels. Given that football clubs are pretty much guaranteed to have big flat things pointing towards the sky and would not only improve the climate impact of clubs but also long term cut costs or even generate income.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Informative post thanks.

The problem is many clubs don't particularly rely on gate money. It's difficult to work out how some survive at this level without some kind of external support. What form that support takes is open to question, but my bet is on extensive money laundering for criminals.

It's an incredibly hard balance to get right. Fans don't want to be paying too much but all costs for clubs have gone up. No easy answers.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Probably pretty accurate.

I thought the SFA with their massive summer windfall could have done a scheme to fund or loan cash interest free for clubs to put up solar panels. Given that football clubs are pretty much guaranteed to have big flat things pointing towards the sky and would not only improve the climate impact of clubs but also long term cut costs or even generate income.

I’m sure solar panels would help but the main issue is they only tend to be very effective in the summer period and unfortunately football uses most of it’s energy in the winter period….

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m sure solar panels would help but the main issue is they only tend to be very effective in the summer period and unfortunately football uses most of it’s energy in the winter period….

That's shite!

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's shite!

Thanks for that informative response. As someone who has solar panels and a battery driving energy in my home I think I have factual evidence to the contrary…..

IMG_0658.png

Edited by roman_bairn

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m sure solar panels would help but the main issue is they only tend to be very effective in the summer period and unfortunately football uses most of its energy in the winter period….

I would have thought other than the floodlights that the electricity use is pretty flat across the season so whilst you’re right in June there wouldn’t be much use the other 11 months of the year are going to be pretty normal and if you can reduce the bills in April May July August and September then why wouldn’t you? Also the summer months is when income is down so probably the time clubs would aim to keep costs as low as possible.

don’t know what has gone wrong with the formatting but anyway

Edited by 101
Mental formatting, can’t fix it :(