Ticket Prices

3 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

My memory is hazy with it, but someone at Morton came out and said this was something that clubs tried to push for during the winter months in and around the covid years. There were plenty drawbacks to it though IIRC, such as the increased risk that the pitches won't thaw out in time for an earlier kickoff which would just end up costing more in rescheduling, refunding tickets etc.

Was spoken about at one of our fans forums about games against teams further away being a later half 5 kick off and being allowed to stream for fans of those clubs to buy etc.  Never went anywhere.  Think it was around the time of Aberdeen doing it v Dundee Utd.

To be fair Accies and Livi are the two biggest teams in the league going by recent Premiership history so you would expect them to be charging the most.

Both clubs are also doing their bit for the waistband of fellow supporters all they need to do is cut their usual pie helpings down from 3 to a more reasonable 1 and they have covered the costs of the tickets.

Dunfermline with the 3rd highest pricing makes sense given they are easily the 3rd biggest team in the league.

Falkirk being the one of the lowest keeps trend with them being the visiting League 1 club, much like Arbroath were the cheapest.

3 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

To be fair Accies and Livi are the two biggest teams in the league going by recent Premiership history so you would expect them to be charging the most.

Both clubs are also doing their bit for the waistband of fellow supporters all they need to do is cut their usual pie helpings down from 3 to a more reasonable 1 and they have covered the costs of the tickets.

Dunfermline with the 3rd highest pricing makes sense given they are easily the 3rd biggest team in the league.

Falkirk being the one of the lowest keeps trend with them being the visiting League 1 club, much like Arbroath were the cheapest.

You'll probably catch a few with that one 🤣

5 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

Nice bait but we aren’t the 3rd most expensive those higher prices main stand tickets only cover 1/3 of the main stand so you can sit every stand of the stadium for £22 anyway Hamilton’s prices are mental

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

£20k a month! Are Dunfermline running electric bar heaters across the pitch 24 hours a day? It'll be a fraction of that.

Are you saying there are more efficient ways to dry the players kit? 😉

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Nice bait but we aren’t the 3rd most expensive those higher prices main stand tickets only cover 1/3 of the main stand so you can sit every stand of the stadium for £22 anyway Hamilton’s prices are mental

Apologies I didn't realise.

Decent value from the 3rd biggest team.

23 minutes ago, Theaccman said:

One of the poorer windup attempts I've seen

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I thought we brought good numbers for both games. 2,008 & 1,408 IIRC (with the former being a week before Christmas and the latter being live on BBC Alba after we'd already won the league) despite the ticket farce

How many did you expect us to bring? You can probably forget about those kinds of numbers this season @ £26 a pop

The price is scandalous but you'd not be bringing that many with your team in mid-table anyway let's be serious.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Adult-£22

Over 65-£14

Under 21-£13

Under 16-£8

Under 12-Free

Category A Games eg Dunfermline and Falkirk

Adult-£24

Over 65-£16

Under 21-£15

Under 16-£10

Under 12-Free

Disagree with Category A games and pricing policy

Edited by Rovers_Lad

6 hours ago, HoBNob said:

That's not accurate with regards to Dunfermline, away fans will pay £22.

I beleive for Raith Rovers ourselves and Falkirk are Category 1 games and will pay £24.

Yeah, Falkirk and the Pars will both be charged more, which I disagree with. I can see why the board are doing this as we did the same last season for the United and Pars games and those also happened to be the 4 highest crowds of the season in the league.

How well this works this season will probably depend on how well the respective teams are doing at the time.

Edited by mrpaddyx

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Well given I live about 7 miles from Hamilton but had to drive all the way to Falkirk and back to collect a ticket for the game due to your clubs incompetence I’d say it was pretty horrific..,…

Sounds like a you problem for not supporting your local team tbh.

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m sure solar panels would help but the main issue is they only tend to be very effective in the summer period and unfortunately football uses most of its energy in the winter period….

I doubt that the generated power of solar panels would much, if any, exceed the standing use, even in the off season. The teams offices and grounds work will use power all during the break…and worst case a powerwall/battery could store excess. 

If enough panels were able to be installed, surely the extra power could be used by an entity associated with the club (in the case of Raith, for example, the Community Foundation), or maybe sold back to the grid.

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

It definitely reduces cost so I’m not saying they are not effective. I find a 10-20% reduction in the winter but nearer 80-90% in the summer. 
It’s just a matter of factoring in the cost savings against the cost of purchase to work out payback. For me it’s about 7 years to crawl back what it cost…..

The point here would have been the SPFL funding the move, removing (or significantly reducing) payback costs. In the case of an entity like TFS, owned by the council, the matter would be more complex.

35 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Sounds like a you problem for not supporting your local team tbh.

Some people move away from their place of birth. Would you stop supporting Hamilton and support the Bairns if you moved nearer to Falkirk?

Total shite…..

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Some people move away from their place of birth. Would you stop supporting Hamilton and support the Bairns if you moved nearer to Falkirk?

Total shite…..

So it is a you problem then

5 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Adult-£22

Over 65-£14

Under 21-£13

Under 16-£8

Under 12-Free

Category A Games eg Dunfermline and Falkirk

Adult-£24

Over 65-£16

Under 21-£15

Under 16-£10

Under 12-Free

Disagree with Category A games and pricing policy

To balance things out and make it fairer they should also have Category C games too then for when total dross like the Accies and Morten come to visit and only bring one man and his dog. The Rovers should pay you for going to watch it.

11 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

To balance things out and make it fairer they should also have Category C games too then for when total dross like the Accies and Morten come to visit and only bring one man and his dog. The Rovers should pay you for going to watch it.

Next time I'll leave yer maw at home then