St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Monday 05/08/24

This is where it all begins.

The whole world will tune in to this feast of football, snubbing the Olympic semi final to be captivated by the return of real football.

A big crowd for the season opener to pay tribute to the greatest owner in the history of Scottish football.

Arise Sir Geoff Brown, and thank you.

This is a game we need to win based on vibes rather than quality, I think. Like some sort of version of the "crazy gang" down South where a bunch of unfancied misfits just suddenly gel and catch sides cold all the time.

No left back available, and no Nicky Clark, so some things seem set in stone?

Rae, McClelland, Cameron, Wright, Carey, MacPherson, Matt Smith, Sidibeh and Kimpioka all start if fit, I reckon.

Leaves 2 positions. Either two full backs to play 4-4-2, or more likely a CB and CM to play 3-5-2.

So two from Jack Sanders, Lewis Neilson, David Keltjens, Sven Sprangler and Aaron Essel.

Think he goes Neilson and Essel myself, so...

Rae

Wright - Neilson - McClelland - Cameron - Carey

Smith - MacPherson - Essel

Sidibeh - Kimpioka

Roared on by 8000 Saints fans.

Due to the fact that I can barely recall an entertaining match between St Johnstone and Aberdeen, I decided to prioritise Dundee United (A) and Motherwell (H) for my quarterly trip to Scotland.

Since making that decision, a TV show and a Geoff Brown extravaganza have been announced, leading to a likely McDiarmid Park sell-out. 

A 4-3 Saints win under the floodlights confirmed, two goals each for Benji Kimpioka and Adama Sidibeh. Dimitar Mitov will be reduced to tears and demand that Adam Webb grants him an immediate return. This night will undoubtedly go down in club history.

Edited by The Real Saints

10 minutes ago, AMG99 said:

Aberdeens front line of Duk, Besuiljen, Miovski with Clarkson in behind looks awesome. Mitov is great too. We look a mess especially out wide, easy win Aberdeen.

Considering Duk is AWOL, Miovski won’t be risked and Clarkson is out with an injury, I don’t think you’ve got much to worry about. 

13 minutes ago, AMG99 said:

Aberdeens front line of Duk, Besuiljen, Miovski with Clarkson in behind looks awesome. Mitov is great too. We look a mess especially out wide, easy win Aberdeen.

It’s only Aberdeen ffs.

Just been posted on our forum that there's only 18 seats in the Main Stand, and 164 in the East Stand, left unsold, with almost 48hrs until kick off.

Ormond tickets been handed out to schools/community projects so uncertain how many of those will turn up, but the other 3 stands should be virtually full. Should be a crowd of 8500+

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just been posted on our forum that there's only 18 seats in the Main Stand, and 164 in the East Stand, left unsold, with almost 48hrs until kick off.

Ormond tickets been handed out to schools/community projects so uncertain how many of those will turn up, but the other 3 stands should be virtually full. Should be a crowd of 8500+

8000 saints fans you claimed earlier? 🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

8000 saints fans you claimed earlier? 🤣🤣🤣

It was bait to see who the thickest Aberdeen fan was.

Congratulations. 

1 hour ago, Nat King Goals said:

So out of the five names mentioned, what one will be starting?

Oops never saw Mitov. There was talk he was injured too though. 

We are without MacDonald, Clarkson, Polvara, Duk for different reasons, & Miovski will probably be sub.

We’re down to the bare bones in a few areas & need 3 or 4 in. 

My guess at Aberdeens X1:

Mitov 

Devlin Rubezic Molloy MacKenzie 

Nilsen Shinnie. 

Morris  Guèye McGrath. 

Sokler 

I think 10 are nailed on, the only questionable one would be Guèye I’d say. 

At full strength I’d say 1-0 Dons, but with a light squad & injuries etc, I’m going to say 1-1. 

Makes you feel better about our squad when you see that line up.

f**king hell. 

I don't f**king know.

I'm largely convinced we're shite and the majority of the squad are completely unproven at this level. 

Definitely hate Cammy MacPherson though.