Arbroath v Montrose

I'm excited!  I think this game is an absolutely crucial must win for McIntyre.  He wins this, we might turn a corner, get a bit of confidence, and go on a run.  There's ability in that team. But if we lose or draw this, then surely there's no way back for him, and we can start the process of getting a replacement manager.  Teams who are allegedly aiming to win the league do not lose 4 of their first 6 competitive games.

I hope Gold is fit, because we were an absolute no show in central midfield against Stenny and we need something different there.   I'd also like to see Coulson start, as Stenny had no answer for him when he came on.

Its good to have the derby games back!

Edited by ExiledLichtie

15 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm excited!  I think this game is an absolutely crucial must win for McIntyre.  He wins this, we might turn a corner, get a bit of confidence, and go on a run.  There's ability in that team. But if we lose or draw this, then surely there's no way back for him, and we can start the process of getting a replacement manager.  Teams who are allegedly aiming to win the league do not lose 4 of their first 6 competitive games.

I hope Gold is fit, because we were an absolute no show in central midfield against Stenny and we need something different there.   I'd also like to see Coulson start, as Stenny had no answer for him when he came on.

Its good to have the derby games back!

He would have to do the footballing equivalent of walking on water or some other kind of miracle to get a lot of people back on side if he loses this game today. It seems like it would be impossible looking at it in the here and now

Equally a good win could potentially be the start of people changing their minds. Would also just be a massive boost to the players

🤞🏻 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He would have to do the footballing equivalent of walking on water or some other kind of miracle to get a lot of people back on side if he loses this game today. It seems like it would be impossible looking at it in the here and now

Equally a good win could potentially be the start of people changing their minds. Would also just be a massive boost to the players

🤞🏻 

Kinda have the feeling we’re just running down time, until we dispense with McIntyre, think we are looking at a 30 or 31 game season

3 minutes ago, ecto said:

Kinda have the feeling we’re just running down time, until we dispense with McIntyre, think we are looking at a 30 or 31 game season

A narrow defeat and he might just survive for a bit longer, but a heavy loss and the calls for his dismissal will increase. 

I hoped he might succeed when he brought in his own players but the Stenny performance was not the level I expected us to be. If we don't improve today it could be a long season.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

IMG_0858.jpeg

2040 there - probably 1700 home fans - dunno why you’ve taken that we were shooting towards you and everyone was at the side 

On the game. Very poor. Should have had much more of that game the last half hour 

Thought criticism and home fans singing you’re getting sacked in the morning to McIntyre was maybe a bit over the top considering. Very underwhelming match 

I watched on the International stream. How did Gardyne get his two yellows?  Really both for dissent?  Either he or the ref is a d£ck. Probably both. That was an awful watch. I’ve never understood how professional footballers (both sides) can be so poor at playing with the wind behind them. 

52 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

2040 there - probably 1700 home fans - dunno why you’ve taken that we were shooting towards you and everyone was at the side 

On the game. Very poor. Should have had much more of that game the last half hour 

Thought criticism and home fans singing you’re getting sacked in the morning to McIntyre was maybe a bit over the top considering. Very underwhelming match 

You know exactly why I’ve taken that sir. 

Before I share my thoughts can we just take a moment to enjoy Cove's currently pointless campaign. 

Awful game not helped in the slightest by the howling gale throughout the game. Arbroath looked better at the start playing into the wind which forced them to play short passes on the ground however their finishing and final ball was honking. After that 20 min period there wasn't much in it imo. Both teams laboured and both would've felt hard done by to have lost that. Montrose brought on a bit of guile second half which was wasted by the wind blowing in their faces. 

A point away to Arbroath and down to 10 for more than half an hour is a decent result all things considered.

No, I really don't like Cove 

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can slag Arbroath for a lot of things right now but not for the home crowd today all things considered

Easy bite though wasn’t it: Karaoke in the central??

39 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I watched on the International stream. How did Gardyne get his two yellows?  Really both for dissent?  Either he or the ref is a d£ck. Probably both. That was an awful watch. I’ve never understood how professional footballers (both sides) can be so poor at playing with the wind behind them. 

Gardyne has a history of picking up silly red cards like this before. Most notably against Annan last season and I presume he’s just been mouthing off all game (as usual) and the ref just became fed up with him.