Ayr Vs Airdrie 9th August

Always look forward to a Friday night game at Somerset.

2 teams looking to play proper football.

The big questions:

1.  Where will the BBC gazebo be in the ground? 

2.  Will Airdrie fans have access to food inside the ground at the Railway End?

3.  Will they even be in the Railway End?

I'd keep them in the corner of the stand and open up the Railway End to home fans. 

Will Brown go with the same XI as Saturday? I think he will put Murphy in from the start over Hastie. 

Was hoping Airdrie might be in the North terrace next to the seggy like the good old days,   I have a pocketful of coppers I was hoping to get of 😉

Last season we had the stand, the paddock in front and railway end,  there was a pie van,   has this changed...

I think this will be a good test as to where we’re at. Ayr have recruited well and their 2 plers per position policy seems to be a good one. 

We couldn’t live with Dowds last season and Fordyce really struggled. Aidan Wilson is a far better defender in my opinion and managed to keep Miovski at Pittodrie and Vaughan, Stanton and Smith at home pretty quiet. 

Early days but I think we’re a better team this season and have much better options coming off the bench. Ben Wilson is top and you can see his sharpness. 

I’m going for a 1-2 win for the diamonds but wouldn’t be unhappy with a draw. 

23 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Was hoping Airdrie might be in the North terrace next to the seggy like the good old days,   I have a pocketful of coppers I was hoping to get of 😉

Last season we had the stand, the paddock in front and railway end,  there was a pie van,   has this changed...

Depends on how many your club say are likely to travel. 
You’ll get the Railway end if there is a need for it 

23 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Depends on how many your club say are likely to travel. 
You’ll get the Railway end if there is a need for it 

These are probably the types of games where having a fairly central league this year will help the gate. Friday night away games against ICT would have seen double figures only.

This one, with the ease of getting there could easily see 3/400 making the trip.

46 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

BBC studio is in the corner of the railway end and north terrace so I don’t think we’ll get past the seggy fence for this one.

I’m sure SLO said seggy fence will be open.

Basically the BBC gazebo will be acting as the seggie fence.

Cant wait to see Michael Stewart holding back fans frothing at the mouth from both sides 🤣

42 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

These are probably the types of games where having a fairly central league this year will help the gate. Friday night away games against ICT would have seen double figures only.

This one, with the ease of getting there could easily see 3/400 making the trip.

Some supports get annoyed when they dont get the railway end and they only bring 80 fans. 
it’s a relationship between clubs where they give a fair estimate of away fans likely to travel so that the home team can arrange stewarding and catering accordingly. 
Anything below maybe 150 can be housed in the main stand and small enclosure. Anything over will get the railway end. 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Some supports get annoyed when they dont get the railway end and they only bring 80 fans. 
it’s a relationship between clubs where they give a fair estimate of away fans likely to travel so that the home team can arrange stewarding and catering accordingly. 
Anything below maybe 150 can be housed in the main stand and small enclosure. Anything over will get the railway end. 

The away enclosure and stand can take around 300-400, I would say anything 350 and under should be there and not in the Railway End.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

The away enclosure and stand can take around 300-400, I would say anything 350 and under should be there and not in the Railway End.

It’s a balance between fan experience (not that many clubs pay attention to that - at their own peril I would say) and stewarding / cleanup costs.

Ideally the railway end should never be empty - either away fans or home fans

Airdrie website says we have a choice of both the railway end and the stand beside it. Listening to the Michael Stewart show will need to be delayed and as an elderly gent, I'll pay for a stand seat. ( Curious that you sit whilst standing)

Expecting a tough match as they all were last season. Ayr would appear to have boosted their squad so it's going to be a hard shift for our relatively inexperienced squad. 

Back to the football I have to say I’m really not confident as we couldn’t beat them when they were shite so now that they’re good it could be a long night. Hopefully it swings the opposite way but the fact we still don’t have a centre half and they now have another big striker it’s not looking good.

That being said, 3-2 Airdrie

On 05/08/2024 at 09:14, Passionate said:

Who has coppers these days, ask the young team to show you what the modern world uses.

You will be in the stand and behind the nets so you can get the best view of Big Anton Dowds pounding the red diamond again.

You are correct, there was a pie van, but the polis evicted them at the celtic game, you might need to eat outside, I don't know if it is allowed back in yet,  last thing we need is crushed pies and capri sun's on live tv because of hordes of Airdries in the railway end. Also, you will need more than coppers if you want a pie this season.

4 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Who has coppers these days, ask the young team to show you what the modern world uses.

You will be in the stand and behind the nets so you can get the best view of Big Anton Dowds pounding the red diamond again.

You are correct, there was a pie van, but the polis evicted them at the celtic game, you might need to eat outside, I don't know if it is allowed back in yet,  last thing we need is crushed pies and capri sun's on live tv because of hordes of Airdries in the railway end. Also, you will need more than coppers if you want a pie this season.

Might no be young any more but it's absolutely disposable vapes.