Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

As far as I recollect he stepped aside knowing he was done to allow McGlynn to bring in more players 

Murray was the boss and yes that was the official line but he could have played a couple of more games save us scrambling for 2 cb’s or said in pre season his body wasn’t up to it. I heard he fell out with Murray 

If you’d asked me this time last week if I’d take McCabe as Rovers manager it would have been 100% yes. 

At that point I was completely oblivious to the behind the scenes set up at Airdrie. 
It seems like McCabe uses the unusual relationship between the club and agency to his great advantage, being able to chose from a pool of players to suit the style he wants to play. 

If he was to go to another club he obviously wouldn’t have the players suited to the style he wants to play. 
The questions would then be can he adapt his style to fit what he’s got to work with?

Can he take his agency contacts with him and use it to sign players good enough to win the Championship?

Im not saying I wouldn’t take him, you can’t ignore the fantastic job he did with Airdrie (last season anyway!) and he may still prove to be a fantastic manager with his next club but it’s not as clear cut for me as it was before I knew the details of how he works. 

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Reappoint Murray.

That might be beyond the realms of possibility now,  he might not have got us up but would've seen us comfortable. Gotta trust the new board to make the right choice if they dont all turn us down  

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

If you’d asked me this time last week if I’d take McCabe as Rovers manager it would have been 100% yes. 

At that point I was completely oblivious to the behind the scenes set up at Airdrie. 
It seems like McCabe uses the unusual relationship between the club and agency to his great advantage, being able to chose from a pool of players to suit the style he wants to play. 

If he was to go to another club he obviously wouldn’t have the players suited to the style he wants to play. 
The questions would then be can he adapt his style to fit what he’s got to work with?

Can he take his agency contacts with him and use it to sign players good enough to win the Championship?

Im not saying I wouldn’t take him, you can’t ignore the fantastic job he did with Airdrie (last season anyway!) and he may still prove to be a fantastic manager with his next club but it’s not as clear cut for me as it was before I knew the details of how he works. 

Sorry, but this makes no sense whatsoever. McCabe won promotion with a side signed by someone else (Murray). Our starting 11 in the promotion season contained Watson, Ballantyne, Frizzell, McGill, Devenny, Smith, Gallagher, Fordyce and McCabe himself, all players Murray signed the year before. Taylor-Sinclair was the only outfielder that McCabe signed who played most weeks (Telfer too perhaps but he was in and out the team that year). That was also the core of our team last season when we finished 4th. By far and away the biggest attribute that he's displayed so far in his career is his ability to take players that he hasn't signed, make them better and then mould them into a team. It is literally the opposite of what you suggest.

This season is the first time he has really had to build a team, and a lot are from the same agency. But we don't even know yet whether he will be succesful doing that. I also don't get your overall point, that he signs players who suit his style? Isn't that what any competent manager does?

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

56 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Or just go with Yogi again to stop everyone voting for him in these polls. The big dumb b*****d has got to come good somewhere.

A new Indian restaurant has just opened in Haarlem called SHREE and I nearly pished myself going past it on the bus today.

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Sorry, but this makes no sense whatsoever. McCabe won promotion with a side signed by someone else (Murray). Our starting 11 in the promotion season contained Watson, Ballantyne, Frizzell, McGill, Devenny, Smith, Gallagher, Fordyce and McCabe himself, all players Murray signed the year before. Taylor-Sinclair was the only outfielder that McCabe signed who played most weeks (Telfer too perhaps but he was in and out the team that year). That was also the core of our team last season when we finished 4th. By far and away the biggest attribute that he's displayed so far in his career is his ability to take players that he hasn't signed, make them better and then mould them into a team. It is literally the opposite of what you suggest.

This season is the first time he has really had to build a team, and a lot are from the same agency. But we don't even know yet whether he will be succesful doing that. I also don't get your overall point, that he signs players who suit his style? Isn't that what any competent manager does?

Ok, sounds like I may have been speaking complete bollocks then. 
From what I picked up on here it seemed like the success last year came from McCabe being able to source a load of players through the agency. It was his 2nd year in charge so assumed he’d signed the bulk of the squad himself. 
I didn’t pay enough attention to your squad to know who signed them and when. 

The point about signing players who suit his style- yes that’s what managers will want to do. 

The point was he would find that easier with the model Airdrie employ than he would if he walked into most other teams where he would inherit a squad and then not get ‘first refusal’ on the players the agency have on their books. 

If you say that’s not where his strengths lie though, I will bow to your superior knowledge and admit my post may be a load of nonsense.