Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

They're the only full-time team in the league unless Larne have maybe gone that way?

Not anymore. I'm sure Larne and Glentoran are, and Coleraine just turned full-time.

Let’s be honest, none of us really have an idea of the quality, budgets or expectations of sides in the Northern Irish league.

5 titles in 9 seasons with Linfield could be good, bad or the expect amount.

However, the thing I take encouragement from is the Linfield fans online seem to be gutted he could be leaving and think he could do better than us. Just see how it goes but I’m more positive about it than a lot of names rumoured.

On 14/08/2024 at 08:46, D'Jaffo said:

If Brown hadn’t been backed this summer then I could see the thought behind it, at least from his POV. We’ve gave him pretty much everything he’s needed and are still looking to add to the squad. Couple that with the start to the season we’ve made and he’ll probably feel we’ve got just as good a chance (maybe better) as Raith do of getting promoted. 

However from Raiths POV it would still be a massive gamble. He hasn’t actually proved himself yet and we could just as easily fall off a cliff if we lose to Hamilton on Saturday. 

What I would say is if I was a Raith fan and I was reading most of the names linked, I think I’d probably have preferred Murray to still be in charge. 

Would also agree with these points. Very uninspiring list of candidates.

Brown has started well at Ayr, but it would be a risk. Although to be fair, it’s always a risk, cos you never know how it’ll work out, even when it’s a big name with a proven track record.

It has to be the right fit, like the last time we appointed a former Man Utd player, who also played for one half of the old firm, and all the planets aligned.

Maybe Henrik Larson is the answer.

Although tbf Henrik didn’t play for the mighty Pars!

27 minutes ago, ganainm85 said:

David Healy 😫 Murray a better manager.  5 out of 9 league championship with the resources they have is a pretty shocking record. 

Uninspiring to say the least.

Out of curiosity, what makes Ian Murray a better manger than David Healy in your opinion?

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

Let’s be honest, none of us really have an idea of the quality, budgets or expectations of sides in the Northern Irish league.

However, the thing I take encouragement from is the Linfield fans online seem to be gutted he could be leaving and think he could do better than us. Just see how it goes but I’m more positive about it than a lot of names rumoured.

I’m a Raith fan living in Northern Ireland. Linfiekd are historically the most successful team by a distance but noses knocked out of joint this past 2 seasons by Larne who have had big money pumped into them. There are now 4 or 5 full time teams and some good young players but overall a level below Championship IMO

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Out of curiosity, what makes Ian Murray a better manger than David Healy in your opinion?

Because I have watched Rovers have their best season this century under Murray. And seen Healy lose two league titles in Northern Ireland to Larne. His record is not exactly inspiring with the resources he has no ? 

Just now, ganainm85 said:

Because I have watched Rovers have their best season this century under Murray. And seen Healy lose two league titles in Northern Ireland to Larne. His record is not exactly inspiring with the resources he has no ? 

What resources, they're not what you'd call loaded, hes maybe lost the last two league titles, but Murray lost us the league 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

What resources, they're not what you'd call loaded, hes maybe lost the last two league titles, but Murray lost us the league 

Murray got us into a league fight against a Dundee United team spending far more money than anyone in the league. It was a great season. 

Each to their own, don't understand the excitement for David Healy.

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

You can knock Healy’s titles if you like but Murray has won zip in his managerial career.

1 minute ago, ganainm85 said:

Murray got us into a league fight against a Dundee United team spending far more money than anyone in the league. It was a great season. 

Each to their own, don't understand the excitement for David Healy.

Just be bloody happy this manager saga is coming to an end, and that we're maybe getting a manager that's not Fox or any other name that's done the rounds 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Just be bloody happy this manager saga is coming to an end, and that we're maybe getting a manager that's not Fox or any other name that's done the rounds 

When you put it that way 🤣 

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You can knock Healy’s titles if you like but Murray has won zip in his managerial career.

Couldn't even beat Airdrie, despite several attempts.

25 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah I agree with this. The scale of Healy's achievements at Linfield is up for debate but whether we get him or not, what encourages me is that we're looking beyond the usual options.